Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I do not know if that is the most fully updated walkthrough or post on Metroid Prime in VR - but from what I gathered (I dont have a rift or vive) is that there are high rez texture packs for MetPrime that should also be used to make it even better...

I almost bought a DK2 just to do this- the projects good many years old and has had advancements etc.
Yeah, I have a Vive but rarely use it unless I have company over. It's just a big production to move my couch and clear space in the living room. Metroid Prime is one of my all time favorite console games, though, so I'll definitely check this out.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I have a Vive but rarely use it unless I have company over. It's just a big production to move my couch and clear space in the living room. Metroid Prime is one of my all time favorite console games, though, so I'll definitely check this out.

Please report back. That sounds like awesome fun.

Siliconemelons

In some book or something about vidyaghames - Metroid, Super Metroid and Metroid Prime are going to have volumes written about them in how they each dramatically defined not only their series in each a better and different way - but their entire type of game. Super Metroid felt ever so much like Super Metroid even though it was 1st person... imo 2 and 3 got a little off the rails in plot and the atmosphere was getting generic... but Prime itself is a masterpiece.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
In some book or something about vidyaghames - Metroid, Super Metroid and Metroid Prime are going to have volumes written about them in how they each dramatically defined not only their series in each a better and different way - but their entire type of game. Metroid Prime felt ever so much like Super Metroid even though it was 1st person... imo 2 and 3 got a little off the rails in plot and the atmosphere was getting generic... but Prime itself is a masterpiece.

FTFY

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I've tried to play Metroid Prime 3 a couple times and I just can't with the shitty Wii controls. Wish you could just use the pad.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I couldn't get into that either. Loved 1 and 2 though on the Wavebird.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Never really played metroid, not sure why. Maybe if it gets released in the VC I'll pick it up

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
It's already there is you have a Wii U? Can't remember if you do or not.
I do, but if it's going to be released on the switch in the somewhat near future, knowing Nintendo I'd have to buy the fucking thing twice. Would rather wait to see how that whole situation plays it first

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I do, but if it's going to be released on the switch in the somewhat near future, knowing Nintendo I'd have to buy the fucking thing twice. Would rather wait to see how that whole situation plays it first

You wouldn't lose anything. The trilogy can only be controlled with Wiimote and Chuck anyway for all three games, and you will see no graphical improvement.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
You wouldn't lose anything. The trilogy can only be controlled with Wiimote and Chuck anyway for all three games, and you will see no graphical improvement.
Oh seriously? Couldn't even play it on the Wii U game pad?

Yeah, I'm just not going to play it then. If they put it out on the switch and you can play it like a normal game on handheld mode then I'll grab it

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Zelda previews rolling in, here's some snippets:

Here's one from metro: Game preview: Zelda: Breath Of The Wild could be the best game ever

"Having just completed it, we couldn’t help but think of Horizon Zero Dawn while playing Breath Of The Wild, and how simplistic it now seems compared to Zelda. You also have a bow in Breath Of The Wild, but you have to account for how arrows arc through the air, rather than it just acting like a low-tech sniper rifle. Boomerangs have to be caught manually on their return and the best way to defeat the skeletons that appear at night is to chop of their head and punt it into a river, like a goalkeeper trying to make a clearance."

"When it starts raining it becomes much more difficult to climb because it’s slippery, while campfires go out because of the rainfall. You can judge which way the wind is blowing from the grass, and if you have an Octo Balloon (from killing an Octorock) you can tie a bomb to it and have it float towards higher up enemies – and use a Korok Leaf to waft it on its way."

Some Tweets from Jason Schreier (Kotaku):

"My review will be up next week but for now I think it's safe to say I've played 20 hours of Zelda: BOTW and it is outstanding."

"Like, "possibly the best Zelda game yet" outstanding. (Not even close to finished yet though)"

Good thing Sony got Horizon out a few days before Zelda dropped.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
Meh, that sounds like a lot of "let's make it as real as possible" gimmicky systems that just get fucking annoying the third time over (like having to unequip all your metal stuff when there is a thunderstorm).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Horizon is a different and more simplistic game sure, but it looks and sounds a hell of a lot better.

They shouldn't even have compared the two. Because they aren't anything alike anyway.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Meh, that sounds like a lot of "let's make it as real as possible" gimmicky systems that just get fucking annoying the third time over (like having to unequip all your metal stuff when there is a thunderstorm).

This too. I like what I read, but it worries me when I see weapon degradation anywhere in the scope of a game, because no one does it right, and it's a complete pain in the ass.

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
They both have bows!

I'm glad to hear Zelda is looking good, though. Not that I doubted it would be!

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
This too. I like what I read, but it worries me when I see weapon degradation anywhere in the scope of a game, because no one does it right, and it's a complete pain in the ass.
Yeah I said on Reddit when the video came out of how lightning will kill you if you have metal gear on that it would be cool for the first few times and maybe as a gimmick for a dungeon to have to use non metal gear, but after that it will just be tedious and not add to the fun of the game at all.

Got the equivalent of being salted over here of course

• 1Solidarity

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Looks like snipperclips is a launch title now too. Looks like a fun little game, not going to move consoles or anything. Might be worth picking up when it gets cheap

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Zelda previews rolling in, here's some snippets:
"Having just completed it, we couldn’t help but think of Horizon Zero Dawn while playing Breath Of The Wild, and how simplistic it now seems compared to Zelda. You also have a bow in Breath Of The Wild, but you have to account for how arrows arc through the air, rather than it just acting like a low-tech sniper rifle. Boomerangs have to be caught manually on their return and the best way to defeat the skeletons that appear at night is to chop of their head and punt it into a river, like a goalkeeper trying to make a clearance."

"When it starts raining it becomes much more difficult to climb because it’s slippery, while campfires go out because of the rainfall. You can judge which way the wind is blowing from the grass, and if you have an Octo Balloon (from killing an Octorock) you can tie a bomb to it and have it float towards higher up enemies – and use a Korok Leaf to waft it on its way."

Is any of that supposed to be mind blowing? Am I completely missing something?

• 1Salty