Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
You have to actually piss and shit and you need to find bushes to do it behind. It's revolutionary!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I have no doubt Zelda will be amazing, but this is the same shit you hear with every new Zelda release. People losing their fucking minds.

Horizon has absolutely nothing to worry about, in fact based on install base I'm willing to bet more people will be playing Horizon on March 3rd than Zelda anyway. Two completely different games, on completely different systems, and mostly completely different kinds of gamers, but yeah let's compare the two. Makes perfect sense that 50 million PS4 users are going to run out and play Zelda instead of the new hotness on their main console...lol. What a bunch of trumped up game "journalist" nonsense.

Honestly, outside of sites like this you're better off ignoring any Zelda discussion for the next six months until the fanboy worship dies down a bit and you can make an objective statement about any part of the game that isn't perfect without legions of mouth breathers going full assault on your ass. Zelda is one of my favorite franchises ever but I can't think of a community I loathe more.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
need some real gamers to review it, a lot of times its people who ONLY game on nintendo systems so yeah compared to fucking animal crossing or mario kart 8 an open world zelda game could be insanely brilliant but what its like compared to... witcher 3... horizon zero dawn... mass effect andromeda... uncharted 4... etc

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
So apparently the Switch version of Zelda dips into the low 20 fps range in tv mode. The dips aren't present in the handheld mode, but the game looks noticably worse. Talk about worst of both worlds and shitty underpowered hardware.

I'm actually seriously worried about the Wii U version now.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
So apparently the Switch version of Zelda dips into the low 20 fps range in tv mode. The dips aren't present in the handheld mode, but the game looks noticably worse. Talk about worst of both worlds and shitty underpowered hardware.

I don't think companies are able to patch their games or systems yet. So I'll hold off on worrying about that until the 3rd.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I mean if Gamergate didn't teach you to basically ignore any outlet that gets free review copies of a game, I hope your ticket in the hype train works out for you

• 1SJW

Tolan

Member of the Year 2016
<Banned>

That frame rate drop is inexcusable.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

That's kind of odd, I had just read that the frame rate drops that were seen earlier during the demos weren't there with the final version.

Someone must have sold me on some fake news

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I mean if Gamergate didn't teach you to basically ignore any outlet that gets free review copies of a game, I hope your ticket in the hype train works out for you

The game was great. 10/10. The caviar and champagne was also a 10/10. The big wad of cash. 10/10.

Video game journalism.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Anyone ordering the Wii U version of Zelda from Amazon might want to double check their status; reading some people are having issues with release date being changed to the 31st or something. Amazon is still showing my copy arriving on the 3rd but I might put in a preorder at Best Buy. Amazon has had issues with Nintendo stuff in the past.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Am I missing something with Zelda? Usually with these super popular series i can at least understand why they are popular even if i don't care for it myself.

I tried Link to the Past and Ocarina of time back in the day. In 2010 I really liked the Metroid prime games after not caring the snes game so I was psyched to try Twilight Princess.

It just felt like a aggressively middle of the road action/adventure game... The combat seems really basic and bland and I don't see what is supposed to stand out as hallmarks of a legendary series. I guess the snes game had good music at least?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The embargo drops one day before release, so any outlet that is allowed to break it a week early and coincidentally happens to give it a 10 is definitely suspect. The review could be spot on, but there's simply no way that the dialog didn't go something like this:

Edge: Hey we'd really like to go to press at the end of Feb with our Zelda review.

Nintendo: Embargo ends 3/2.

Edge: We're giving it a 10 though.

Nintendo: Carry on.

That said, it was disappointing to hear that the Wii U has fps drops into the teens, but at least they said it wasn't really an issue in combat.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You have to actually piss and shit and you need to find bushes to do it behind. It's revolutionary!

It will be like reality when you are taking a shit in real life and taking a shit in game at the same time. Augmented reality with feels.