Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Perhaps the wrong place - I never bought a WiiU. Does the library justify picking one up cheap, or is it mostly forgettable?

I'm mostly thinking for something to get the kid into gaming a little bit in a year or two while not hogging the TV.

Vinen

God is dead
Perhaps the wrong place - I never bought a WiiU. Does the library justify picking one up cheap, or is it mostly forgettable?

I'm mostly thinking for something to get the kid into gaming a little bit in a year or two while not hogging the TV.

Its a Nintendo product so it's forgettable.

• 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 user

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider

if you can get one for super cheat yes. Splatoon and Mario Kart alone are really bad ass. I thinking of selling mine.

spronk

FPS noob
you can hack the wii u so you can play every game from any region (eur/jpn) for free plus all DLCs so in that sense its worth it (same with 3DS). The system only has maybe 10 must-play games and another 10 pretty good games, so a huge YMMV on whether those 20 games are worth the $280 (you pretty much need a pro controller and external USB drive, but nothing else really). Theres another 20-40 VC games you can acquire. There are ZERO more games coming out for the wii u now so its 100% the back catalog, nothing in the future.

i hacked my wii u, added a 1tb drive, and have downloaded about 60 games onto it including old VC classics like super mario 3d galaxy, a bunch of SNES/NES games, etc. haven't really played much but everything works online and looks good. without paying a dime for the games. which is piracy, so your morals and all that.

I'll buy a switch sometime down the road, either when a game comes out I GOTTA play or when theres a deal that makes it a no brainer. i don't really game on the go so the mobile aspects mean little to me, if you travel for work or commute on the train for an hour a day I think a switch would be amazing.

Last edited:

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Looks like the Day 1 patch fixed the JoyCon desync issue - they probably just upped the signal strength at the cost of some battery life.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Looks like the Day 1 patch fixed the JoyCon desync issue - they probably just upped the signal strength at the cost of some battery life.

Looks like this is not true according to Eurogamer, it still has the same issues.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
eurogamer said:
UPDATE 2/3/17 4:00pm: The Nintendo Switch's day one system update has launched, and there are reports online that installing the patch with the Joy-Cons attached updates the firmware on the controllers, resolving the de-sync issues. Is this really the case? Unfortunately not. We've updated our console with controllers attached and re-run the battery of tests detailed below. In all cases, the range and consistency of the connection of each Joy-Con remains the same, and the left controller still has demonstrably weaker range than the right. Eurogamer has contacted Nintendo several times now concerning this issue, and we still await a reply.

to be fair other people are reporting after the day one update they aren't seeing the problem, so could be a few specific systems or something.

\/ a system update requires a reboot, eurogamer tweeted out they did reboot as well.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Wonder if they rebooted the system or not. Saw some tweets saying it didn't take effect until then. I don't have the system yet myself, was just relaying a thread on SonyGaf.

spronk

FPS noob
lol to celebrate the launch of switch Sony Europe is cutting the price of PS4 slim to 199 euros, wonder if USA/Japan will see something similar

C56Z_6rWYAA7AIf.jpg

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Apparently the patch fixes the joycon issue, just make sure your joycons are docked when you update. Also make sure to restart the system again.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Just make sure your joycons are docked when you update, and apparently the patch fixes the joycon issue. Also you need to restart the system again.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Well glad to hear that's fixed then, I broke down and plan to buy a Switch tomorrow lol. I figured since I got my Wii U for free thanks to a ToysR'Us fuck up and only have two games on it I may as well get the new hardware. Don't want to play the zelda DLC this summer/fall on a shit system.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
So seems they really only let some places presale 1/3 of their switch consoles. A best buy near me has 2/3 of their switch stock on first come first serve tonight for the midnight launch. Along with some master and special editions of zelda.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Just make sure your joycons are docked when you update, and apparently the patch fixes the joycon issue. Also you need to restart the system again.

Yeah people are doing this and are having the exact same problems. I smell Nintendo marketing shills.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So seems they really only let some places presale 1/3 of their switch consoles. A best buy near me has 2/3 of their switch stock on first come first serve tonight for the midnight launch. Along with some master and special editions of zelda.

Or a lot of cancellations.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Patch notes sure would have helped, but Nintendo didn't provide that either. Sounds like the eshop has five neo geo games on it. Lol. Obviously more. Facebook sharing and twitch is up and running. Supposedly online play for bomberman is up but no one can test it yet since no one has their switches yet. That will be interesting to see how the dual device multiplayer functions.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Drove by the best buy I preordered from. Like 6 peeps in line at 6pm. I have a feeling it's going to sell more than people expected. Gonna be awesome playing Zelda tonight. My body is ready.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Apparently the patch fixes the joycon issue, just make sure your joycons are docked when you update. Also make sure to restart the system again.

So literally you just posted what it said 4 posts above

Yeah people are doing this and are having the exact same problems. I smell Nintendo marketing shills.

Woosh

• 1Like