Nioh (Team Ninja)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I just farm revenants for gear on the mission in the first area that gives you an NPC with accessories reward. Had one drop a bunch of obsidian but since i'm a blue armor type of guy I nuked it all.

Will try that, I was doing bridge missions as they usually have like 30 or dudes to summon.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, he stacked a lot of Unlimited Ninjutsu %, has iga ninja set armor, and has the ninjutsu mystic arts. Definitely something you'd have to respec to much later on.

I tend to stop reading the moment a build includes Sloth talisman too.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah, he stacked a lot of Unlimited Ninjutsu %, has iga ninja set armor, and has the ninjutsu mystic arts. Definitely something you'd have to respec to much later on.

I tend to stop reading the moment a build includes Sloth talisman too.

I keep meaning to try Sloth Talisman, I imagine would make those double boss fights just two different boss fights back to back.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I keep meaning to try Sloth Talisman, I imagine would make those double boss fights just two different boss fights back to back.

Being a dodger I found sloth talisman made most fights more difficult due to how it changed the timing of attacks. Gave it up pretty quick. Might be more worthwhile if you wear heavy armor. Most NPC boss fights you'd just end up with them guarding for most of its duration. I did find it useful on something like the flower boss that has attacks that can quickly cover the entire room. The armor debuf was way more useful IMO.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Being a dodger I found sloth talisman made most fights more difficult due to how it changed the timing of attacks. Gave it up pretty quick. Might be more worthwhile if you wear heavy armor. Most NPC boss fights you'd just end up with them guarding for most of its duration. I did find it useful on something like the flower boss that has attacks that can quickly cover the entire room. The armor debuf was way more useful IMO.

Cool yeah I use armor debuff for massive damage and just trade a few hits on my high stance fight hit combo.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I tend to have trouble with the Onyudo monks so I use sloth talismans on them. Makes boss fights feel cheap though.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Going to work on Trophies while I hunt for armor sets, give me some light armor builds please so I can try dual swords.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Tried mage build, does decent enough until you get to a boss. Going to try a skill/spirit build next.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Finished the second area, the water boss dude was really easy. Well after the first couple of times where he went all "IMA CHARGIN MAH LAZER" on me when at the start of the fight and I didn't know what was going on.

The hardest boss for me so far is still the samurai guy in the last optional side mission in the first area. Fuck that guy. Everything else was really just a few deaths to learn their patterns

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Ok I suck. Keep getting shit on by revenants in the first area lol. I know i dont have to kill them but I want to. Advice?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok I suck. Keep getting shit on by revenants in the first area lol. I know i dont have to kill them but I want to. Advice?
They are pretty good practice, try to bait them into attacking you while you can easily dodge, then punish them. Be patient.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finished the second area, the water boss dude was really easy. Well after the first couple of times where he went all "IMA CHARGIN MAH LAZER" on me when at the start of the fight and I didn't know what was going on.

The hardest boss for me so far is still the samurai guy in the last optional side mission in the first area. Fuck that guy. Everything else was really just a few deaths to learn their patterns

Those damn wheels, I have yet to figure out their pattern. Heck I even have the vampire lady figured out, but with those wheels: I dodge left, get steam rolled, I dodge back, get steam rolled, I dodge right, get steam rolled. Forget about blocking them. Being offline I use the sub missions to try to farm for gear, but that one won't be farmed (I did beat it though).

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Those damn wheels, I have yet to figure out their pattern. Heck I even have the vampire lady figured out, but with those wheels: I dodge left, get steam rolled, I dodge back, get steam rolled, I dodge right, get steam rolled. Forget about blocking them. Being offline I use the sub missions to try to farm for gear, but that one won't be farmed (I did beat it though).

Use the terrain to break line of sight, sprint just past them to make them turn or they will blow fire leaving them wide open. Either way attack aggressively with best combo, if they fall down keep at it. If not sprint away and repeat. Popping a quick Ki recoverly damage boost before first attack helps.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I REALLY have to work on sprinting. I never utilized it in souls, as I was always able to ply my style without it, so I'm just not used to it. I know life would be much easier with it. The vampire boss is the same way. You have to keep at medium distance from her to avoid her spin attacks, and run in and take a shot. It sounds like the same thing here, keep your distance, let them do their thing, and come in to get a shot while they recover.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The wheels are pretty easy. You should have enough stamina to block through their spin attack. Then you hit them in the face a few times and back up before they spit fire. Dodge in after the fire and hit them some more, most of the time it's enough to get them on he ground. Keep hitting until they start to get back up and dodge away before they explode. Repeat if necessary.

I haven't really seen any trash mobs that are all that difficult. I mean if you aren't careful they can kill you quick, but they all have pretty easily exploited patterns

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I just finished the side mission in the third zone where you have to fight 2 them at once. I noticed if you kite them for a little bit they will stop. Use that time to strike them and repeat. Also, try to get them to burst at you while a wall is at your back. The wall will knock them down.

Also, that snow chick was something else. I'd get her to 3/4 of her life and she went into GG mode. Her projectiles and that midrange dash ate me alive. Eventually, I was so frustrated I broke out the sloth talisman and still died a few times. Probably what I get for doing a ninja build with under leveled gear. Ranged damage is where its at for the second part of that fight which took me forever to figure out also.