Nioh (Team Ninja)

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
They get powerful later on. If you wear full light armor (or keep weight blue), you get very high mobility that ties well with its combos. Can dash in, hit, dash out, ki pulse, rinse repeat. Entire combo takes around a second or two. Looks fairly silly though as fights turn into you basically just bouncing into enemies. Saw someone do it on a boss from start to finish without getting hit and without stopping. Light armor dash puts you away from nearly every melee distance.

Gotcha, I will stick with fatty and a big heavy weapon to crush faces until I find it lacking.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Amazing game. Somehow they made combat even more thoughtful, varied, and rewarding than Dark Souls. A must-buy for anyone on the fence. Looking forward to getting smashed but so far all is smooth sailing.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
So the whole demo I never even tried to understand Ki pulse on dodge, this shit is op.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Pre-ordered the game thanks to your positive reviews. Love Dark Souls, so this should be right up my alley. Hopefully cure my current Let It Die addiction.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Meh, I caved. Why can't this shit be on PC so I play it at 1440p/60+ fps. Sigh...

Fuck buying a PS4 Pro.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Think I've settled on Kusarigama and Spear; Stat leveling doesn't synergize as well as Gama + Dual Swords, but Gamas are crazy good and spears let me counter.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Traded up to a PS4 pro for this today and shit weather delayed my delivery; showing an ETA of Thursday now.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, getting wrecked by her. Shrine is so fucking far away from her too.

You may be missing one then. There is one like 20 sec from her... How to explain...

When you're heading down past the 1st big green mushroom room there is a ledge off to the left with a patrolling demon guy on. You can drop down on that ledge and go across a bridge, there is a spawn point for a demon but right past it is a shrine. From that shrine you can kick down a ladder one level, then another, to reach her floor.

That is a shit explanation but I'm upstairs now. From that shrine you can get to her in no time flat.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've got that shrine, but you've still gotta battle through all the bottom floor to get to her unless i'm missing something.

edit: nm, no idea why I never just ran through

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Winged bitch down, just had to learn her moveset. Was fairly rough but killed her in about 6 deaths. Also put on a heavy set of armor sitting at 16 stamina and went from taking 30% chunks of health on hit to maybe 10%.

The fatty is real!

Hrmm too much Ki is being used on my axe swings now, MORE STAMINA REQUIRED!

Last edited:

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Only had enough time to play through the London tower, but seems pretty good.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally killed her. Took me 15ish tries. The key insight I had was not to avoid the paralyze wave, but to dodge forward - through - it, after which I could get a few extra hits in.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm so confused... i've beaten numerous souls games on SL1 runs... and i've died probably 30 times to the fucking first boss on the boat?

his hit boxes on his attacks are so inconsistent

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm so confused... i've beaten numerous souls games on SL1 runs... and i've died probably 30 times to the fucking first boss on the boat?

his hit boxes on his attacks are so inconsistent

I found that the speed of the game was fucking with me during that fight. I kept going all out, then remembered Soulsborne axiom #1: don't get greedy. Just hop in, get two swipes (I used mid-stance Kusigama, I think), then gtfo. Don't forget your living weapon (circle + triangle) when things are looking good.

I do think this game is significantly harder than Soulsborne. Better? I dunno, but harder for sure.

Gator

Trakanon Raider
Unless you're dead set on the physical copy I'd do that.

I don't buy physical at all anymore unless its a super cheap deal.
Yea, I'm glad I went that route. My copy from Amazon has yet to ship and it was a preorder. I guess they ran out of copies. I ended up buying the deluxe edition from ps store and I'll wait for my preorder bonus from Amazon. I know it isn't much but now it's just the principle.

I was able to get a few hours in and beat the first mission with 30 deaths. Yay for being newbie at these games. Loving it so far.

Also, I never noticed this on the beta but if you use you spirit weapon (triangle+circle) and press the button combo again while it's in use it releases a badass damage attack. That's for the wolf spirit anyways I'm not sure what the others do.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I found that the speed of the game was fucking with me during that fight. I kept going all out, then remembered Soulsborne axiom #1: don't get greedy. Just hop in, get two swipes (I used mid-stance Kusigama, I think), then gtfo. Don't forget your living weapon (circle + triangle) when things are looking good.

I do think this game is significantly harder than Soulsborne. Better? I dunno, but harder for sure.

Yeah, i think this is my problem atm.. i'm a greedy ass souls player. I guess i should just go back to blocking since it seems to be stupidly good in this game

I get hit by fingernails in this game though, the fuck

Last edited:

Zaide

TLP Idealist
You get some items with huge bonuses vs paralyze shortly before Bat Bitch which trivialize the fight if used. Her purple cone never paralyzed me once I used them.