Nioh (Team Ninja)

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So pure spirit builds might be a thing, got a sword that does damage based on your spirit. Which makes me think they will do the same for most stats. A weapon that scale with dex would be super fun for a ninjutsu build.

Last edited:

Needless

Toe Sucker
Wew lad i cant wait to get home from work and play this, gotta figure out the best skills to get early game for the weeaboo chain & katana weapons!

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Actually grateful I had to go back to work today. Bat bitch is very dead, but one of the side mission after..good god, unless I'm missinfg something obvious it's simply beyond my abilities. It's on that cave level (second main mission), starts at the second shrine and you work backwards, up and through the mountain.

When your reach the top of the interior it starts innocuously enough with some trash. But then flaming heads, minotaur things and huge axe wielders spawn all at once. Then when you clear it, even more shit spawns.

Anybody beaten that mission yet?

Edit: oh, and you can't run past it. Souls-esque fog gate blocks the way.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Actually grateful I had to go back to work today. Bat bitch is very dead, but one of the side mission after..good god, unless I'm missinfg something obvious it's simply beyond my abilities. It's on that cave level (second main mission), starts at the second shrine and you work backwards, up and through the mountain.

When your reach the top of the interior it starts innocuously enough with some trash. But then flaming heads, minotaur things and huge axe wielders spawn all at once. Then when you clear it, even more shit spawns.

Anybody beaten that mission yet?

Edit: oh, and you can't run past it. Souls-esque fog gate blocks the way.

Yeah did it last night, they keep coming until one of them drops the "boss key" and even then. Best I can say is use all items you have, don't forget about living weapon and save the flaming skulls for when you need the damage boost. Also ninjutsu poison cloud is OP as fuck for kiting. Also running up the ramp and jumping off really messes with their AI sometimes they kinda stand below the fall and you can run back up and then do the falling attack for a quick kill.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah did it last night, they keep coming until one of them drops the "boss key" and even then. Best I can say is use all items you have, don't forget about living weapon and save the flaming skulls for when you need the damage boost. Also ninjutsu poison cloud is OP as fuck for kiting. Also running up the ramp and jumping off really messes with their AI sometimes they kinda stand below the fall and you can run back up and then do the falling attack for a quick kill.

Yeah I abused the steps for 5 minutes against the minotaur and axe dude before finally picking them off. Will definitely get poison cloud as I am actually pretty heavy into dex.

Pretty demoralizing overall, though. Gonna go ahead and amend my statement from earlier : Nioh is WAY harrder than Souls, for me anyway.

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm kind of curious what else people think is really good in ninjutsu. I've got like 15+ points unspent right now, only unlocked sneak attack, shuriken, poison weapon (will get cloud right away), power pills, and quiver size so far. There's some things I know I want later on, but they unlock with ninja training missions and I haven't bothered buying the pre-reqs for them until I can buy everything.

Needless

Toe Sucker
What stats are you boys leveling as a weeaboo chain chucker? my shit is a mess of everything atm lol

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah I abused the steps for 5 minutes against the minotaur and axe dude before finally picking them off. Will definitely get poison cloud as I am actually pretty heavy into dex.

Pretty demoralizing overall, though. Gonna go ahead and amend my statement from earlier : Nioh is WAY harrder than Souls, for me anyway.

You in trouble, because you have to kill like 4 or 5 pairs of those guys. Only other thing I can suggest is try switching weapons or stance tactics and adjust until something works, I was a big fatty using axe/spear and rage bull armor so I would just block and chop everything down with poison inbetween since I only have the two. I do also seem to always have 10 grenade bombs as well when I need them, those do well.

Vorph

Heavy dex, moderate skill/body (mostly skill if you use dual swords, both if you use spears or just want more HP), enough spirit to unlock all the guardian spirit perks. Maybe some magic later on if I have spare points.

Choosing between dual and spear is really hard still. I like the dual sword skills better, but spear is great for big hits without being slow as shit like the axe. If there's enough points to go around, I'll probably get the good skills for dual swords and the bare minimum for spears just to keep both viable.

Last edited:

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Anyone know what unlimited skills do like unlimited elixir +6%, says you never run out but not sure that is true.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
You in trouble, because you have to kill like 4 or 5 pairs of those guys. Only other thing I can suggest is try switching weapons or stance tactics and adjust until something works, I was a big fatty using axe/spear and rage bull armor so I would just block and chop everything down with poison inbetween since I only have the two. I do also seem to always have 10 grenade bombs as well when I need them, those do well.

Maybe that's it. Blocking I mean. I never blocked in Souls and I never block in Nioh, and that's probably the problem

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I want to throat chop whichever fucker came up with the equipment sorting algorithm and options. Just completely useless.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I want to throat chop whichever fucker came up with the equipment sorting algorithm and options. Just completely useless.

The skill tree is terrible as well.

I just make it a habit to look at the "new" column every shrine and adjust.

Vorph

Not only that, the filter for 'check all' doesn't work at all. I can set it to "uncommon or lower" and it always checks everything anyway.

Btw, don't offer or sell stuff directly. Amrita is easy to get, and you can make a lot more gold by breaking items down first. Or just save the materials, you're going to need them later. You can also upgrade materials to higher tiers.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Not only that, the filter for 'check all' doesn't work at all. I can set it to "uncommon or lower" and it always checks everything anyway.

Btw, don't offer or sell stuff directly. Amrita is easy to get, and you can make a lot more gold by breaking items down first. Or just save the materials, you're going to need them later. You can also upgrade materials to higher tiers.

I know right! I thought I was a crazy person, but you can lock the good stuff and then select all will work properly.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm kind of curious what else people think is really good in ninjutsu. I've got like 15+ points unspent right now, only unlocked sneak attack, shuriken, poison weapon (will get cloud right away), power pills, and quiver size so far. There's some things I know I want later on, but they unlock with ninja training missions and I haven't bothered buying the pre-reqs for them until I can buy everything.
All the bombs and the passives.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Elajjaz finally got the game. He is one of the more popular Dark Souls speedrunners.