No Man's Sky

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Guys the next update is adding a land vehicle.

Months of hard work coming to fruition.

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Haha. Well the one good thing that came out of No Man's Sky is it's failure got me playing Kerbal Space Program. Thanks Hello Games!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
It's the 2nd highest seller on Steam right now, on sale for 35.99? Why not just go pay to have someone actually fuck you in the ass?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goonsquad Officer
i guess i'll try this update :( I'm really enjoying subnautica but it's in game update limbo right now. i guess i can stand to tinker with making a base then being disapointed with this game all over again.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Really wish I could get a mix of this game and Factorio.

• 1Solidarity

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I still play this occasionally.. I don't really dislike it. It's different and sort of a 'when I feel like it' distraction. It was WAY over-hyped for what was delivered. Good thing this guy didn't collect $150,000,000 like some other crazy over-hyped space game...

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So ...

I was watching a really horrible horror flick last night and for some reason, decided I should try to finish it, and for some reason thinking of this horrible movie reminded me or No Man's Sky and saw there were two major updates. Foundations and Pathfinder. Downloaded the patch while I finished the horrible flick, and started a new game.

So, first things first, a lot has been added. It didn't even really look the same any more. I was seeing creatures and landscapes that were actually in the adds. This REALLY cool flying creature that looked like a flying octopus. I also flew right into a water world - most of it was water without land masses everywhere.

At any rate, I am still early on with a new start and just hopped to the second system, but I am curious what some of the new features will do. Sounds like you can also make races - basically driving the pattern and it will record the route, finalize the track, and everyone can play them. (Supposedly) You can also now recruit from space stations to work on your base whether it's farming, tech, etc. I also noticed in the space station there is a new dude that sells blueprints for a new resource you can find on the planet - and you also now need higher end tiers of mining lasers to get rarer components I had never seen before.

All in all, probably what this game should have launched with. But it's more fun to dick around in it now when bored.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'd say it's worth it on a low sale, the game is much better than it was at launch. But still don't expect multiplayer and if you get bored by exploration then it's not worth it. I too have seen a lot more big and varying creatures vs the first week of launch which is nice.

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think the next 50% off sale I'll likely get this, it is looking a lot more fleshed out now. It's just a shame that like many other companies they made the decision to launch a year too early and this, like in so many other cases, is the result.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So you're saying it's worth grabbing when on sale finally?

Yeah definite sale - but a lot more content now but you really must like exploration games and building things/bases/ for no reason other than it's your sandbox. With that said, they added a creative mode, which allows you to build whatever you want with unlimited resources. There is also a hard core survival mode, and a normal game mode in which you grind your way to having more bases, things, items, etc.

Right now I would say it's worth about $14.99 after these two patches.

• 1Solidarity