No Man's Sky

xzi

Mouthbreather
I said it early on in the thread and I'll say it again; this game has huge potential to become an actually healthy populated game (as far as stats are concerned.. not sure about the multiplayer lmao). I think this is the best step they could have taken to get the game back on track.

sidenote: fleets are in the game now

7vwvei0xv60y.jpg

Brikker

Trump's Staff
they probably fucked up ever getting a real population by releasing with nothing they promised/showed to be in the game.

you'll get some people back and some new people trying it but nothing that could have been.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Not like game depends on a population though, but there's a few games on steam that have had botched launches and years later are pretty healthy. If they release updates it wouldn't surprise me is all I'm saying.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Not like game depends on a population though, but there's a few games on steam that have had botched launches and years later are pretty healthy. If they release updates it wouldn't surprise me is all I'm saying.

Botched launches are one thing. This was just falsely marketed and quite honestly they should have been sued by the FTC.

I still have the game as I couldn't dump it as word got out already how shitty it was before I had a chance to trade it in and valuer plummeted to about $7.50 - so I said I will watch and see what happens. I won't be playing this again for about a year and will see what they shaped it to be. Either way, this entire clusterfuck was a $59.99 early alpha at best and I am glad they got their asses handed to them because they deserved every bit of ass whooping. They also know if they would have dumped the game now, they would have lost all credibility in the market FOREVER. So they have no choice. They aren't doing this because they want to give the game better legs. They are doing this to save their own asses to stay relevant in the market.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know why but I'm thinking about picking this up since it's on sale for 35. With this patch is it still a stupid purchase?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yes. Wait for about 6 months to see if they do anything else. Shit, it took them 5 months just to fix the game and even add the little they did. A year from now you may be able to play a full title for about $10 (used) with actual features and not have to wait and see if the patches will really come or not, or if this is some BS publicity stunt before they pull the plug.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Might be worth it to buy a used copy now. Used copies are dirt cheap for a PS4 title, like $10-$15.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'd say 35 is the maximum you should pay for it. But I would probably also wait for more content. I enjoy the game for what it is, just exploring and discovering the languages was a huge part of why I even wanted to play.

Survival breathes some life into the game, it gets pretty intense.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
By the ASA in the UK for specifically the Steam page - they didn't address everything else. But yea.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
By the ASA in the UK for specifically the Steam page - they didn't address everything else. But yea.

They were only even covered because of the "procedurally-generated" line where they could say "it could, possibly, maybe happen"

But reading the whole thing, Hello games flat out thinks they did nothing wrong with how they marketed the game lol.

• 1Smuggly

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Fucking Crooks. Pure and Simple. No matter which way someone wants to spin it.

HEY GUYS. HERE IS A GAME IN WHICH YOU MAY OR MAY NOT SEE WHAT WE ARE PUTTING IN OUR GAME PLAY DEMOS.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I followed this game a little and it looked cool but I never actually bought it.

Can someone give me the short version of what they lied about?

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I followed this game a little and it looked cool but I never actually bought it.

Can someone give me the short version of what they lied about?

Here the in depth post about it, but here is a short list.

• planetary physics
  • ship classes with meaningful differentiation
  • faction reputation with meaningful game-play impact
  • homogeneous resource availability
  • asteroid landings
  • space station and fleet destruction
  • large fleets
  • traveling freighters
  • large scale battles the player can join
  • in-atmosphere battles
  • NPCs outside trading posts and other docks
  • ringed planets
  • sand planets
  • flying between stars (as opposed to warping via the Galactic interface)
  • complex creature behavior including environmental interaction
  • rivers
  • points of interest such as large structures and crashed freighters
  • hacking locked doors
  • radio chatter
  • interaction with other players

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's a weird list. Some of the points expose monumental lies - I'd be super pissed if I bought the game under the assumption that it'd feature realistic planetary physics, asteroid landings, space battles, meaningful factions, etc. Others, like ringed planets, rivers, hacking doors, radio chatter seem like padding.

All the same, fuck the game. Glad I didn't buy.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
That's the only one that majorly disappointed me but iirc they only said it was going to be online, not that it was going to be multiplayer. It's still fucking annoying. That alone probably would've saved the game from a lot of harsh (rightly earned) criticism.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
If Sean Murray would have shut his yapper and just said, "Hey guys, we are trying our best.... Here is what you can do so far and it's 19.99 because we aren't finished yet" he wouldn't be a fucking criminal. But no. The collsal Randy Pitchford spawn had to open his fucking yapper and lie his ass off to get those $59 box sales. Luckily for those on Steam, they were refunded. Sucks for others. That rat bastard lying fuck deserves to NEVER live that down ever. EVER. It's one thing to be pie in the sky.... Its another to go on live TV and Demo a game that doesn't EVEN FUCKING EXIST.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users