No Man's Sky

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
That's the trick. Stop and smell the roses a bit on a friendly planet. Eventually things will click.

Composter

Golden Knight of the Realm
Any tips on finding the last species on a planet? There are some butterfly things that do not scan for some reason, and I'm wondering if that's the thing that is preventing me from closing out this planet.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Try shooting one down and then scanning it.

If that doesn't work then that's not the species you are looking for.

I haven't 100% shit in this game scanning wise so I dunno tbh.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Just.. fly around pulling out your scanner every once in a while. It will show red dots on things you haven't discovered, even through the ground and whatnot.

If there's water, check the water. I found 3 diff water creatures on my planet. Birds I had to shoot down cause it's impossible to scan them otherwise.

Other than that I've been just blindly roaming around. I still have one more species to find and I'll have 100% on this planet. I kind of don't want to leave it, it's so pretty lmao. BUT I MUST EXPLORE SPACE

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
This planet I'm on any cave is full of vortex cubes worth 30k a piece making 700k a run.

Just going to farm it enough for a 28 slot ship since mine is a POS

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I want to see and visit big planet sized civilizations and shit. I want to visit the gek home world and chill out or at least visit a location where more npc's congregate. While the game is limited in what you can do now the possibilities are endless. My mind is brimming with ideas. I hope HG get some nice cash from this and beef up the team they got and just go hog wild with additions.

• 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah I'm hoping that the mixed opinions on it don't hold it back too much. Its a good skeleton. Few content pushes, maybe some dlc expansions in the distant future, game could have legs and really be fleshed out.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Any tips on finding the last species on a planet? There are some butterfly things that do not scan for some reason, and I'm wondering if that's the thing that is preventing me from closing out this planet.
That's exactly what it is. Kill one and scan it.

Here's some screens of my "end game" gear. Tho I still have yet to find a single omega upgrade. AT-ST's are dead because I got super bored on an extreme radiation planet waiting for the extreme survival milestones so I could continue on my Atlas path.

Dunno if it's a bug or intended but after killing one of those big guys you are permanently on 5 star alert and it wont shake unless you reload or leave the planet. Inventory is generally pretty empty now unless I am farming toward an upgrade. Also my ship is trash 18 slot so it doesn't deserve a screenshot.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
I want to see and visit big planet sized civilizations and shit. I want to visit the gek home world and chill out or at least visit a location where more npc's congregate. While the game is limited in what you can do now the possibilities are endless. My mind is brimming with ideas. I hope HG get some nice cash from this and beef up the team they got and just go hog wild with additions.

Dude I really hope this happens. There's so much possibility. Discovering ancient ruins for those big stone things is super exciting I just wish there was more. That's what I was saying the other day, I can see this game becoming hugely popular over time if they add content like that.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
About the extreme survival milestone... the final one requires you to be on an extreme planet for 9 hours without leaving; they aren't cumulative. You can AFK inside of a building for shelter but you'll still occasionally have to recharge your life support. With all 3 modules mine lasts over an hour in a building.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Just found a new level of Sentinel attack... Your wanted level doesn't go down after you kill a big walker because once you jump into space you get attacked by sentinel ships. If you make it through four waves... Sentinel freighter warps in. I was shooting at it, tried to maneuver a bit and it disappeared... no idea.

Edit - uploaded vid for any curious:

Last edited:

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
I can confirm Omega blueprints can be found on systems along Atlas Path. I have 2.

I want Joystick support so I can be a boss in space

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff

Something like that would add a whole lot of desirability to the game for me. Coming upon random ass (but somehow unique) civilizations at various points in their evolution in the unlimited universe would be fuckin amazing.

I truly hope they do continue to patch/add content and that wasn't hot air. I'll pick it up at the first sale either way.

• 2Like

jeydax

Death and Taxes
I like the game a LOT, but I honestly would suggest waiting until a sale or a fist big content patch at least.

Pretty much this. I've already gotten bored with it but I skipped the Atlas quest piece when I first booted up because I forced myself not to read any spoilers on it before playing. Just dicked around for a couple days getting a little built up and said fuck it lets see what this story line is all about.

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
Well, I found the planet I'm just going to stay on for a long while I think. There's tons of Emeril and Vortex Cubes just lying everywhere. It's not extreme, 19c all the time, zero life, limited Sentinels and a base I can sell at.

Found the mother lode, just going to farm farm farm.

• 2Like

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
I made it to the core of the universe, took me 1500 jumps roughly. Man, that was the biggest waste of time in my whole gaming career, no exaggeration. Really disappointed. However the 60 USD were well spent, I took 100s of wallpaper league screenshots.

• 1Solidarity

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
I made it to the core of the universe, took me 1500 jumps roughly. Man, that was the biggest waste of time in my whole gaming career, no exaggeration. Really disappointed. However the 60 USD were well spent, I took 100s of wallpaper league screenshots.

Damn it man, don't tell me that it sucked. Tell me WHY it sucked.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Because nothing fucking happens. This game has literally no purpose.

Imagine if the ending to Terraria was closing your game, clicking 'new world' and making a new one.

• 1Solidarity

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Because nothing fucking happens. This game has literally no purpose.

Games have purpose? Infinite universe and you want an ending?

The game can be fleshed out for sure but putting in an ending would be so arbitrary. I would like to see more populated planets or at least small villages with more aliens. Maybe a more robust "quest" system to keep people directed, since a good majority need something to guide them.

I am enjoying it for what it is so far. The exploration is fantastic. I'm in a 6 planet system which makes for some awesome screenshots. I've only been able to play for an hour or 2 at a time but what I like doing is "getting lost" on a planet. I dump all my goods at the space station, land on a planet and just roam on foot. Once I get to an outpost with a thing to summon my ship, I do it and go sell off again.

1 creature away from being 100% on a 15 creature planet, at 100% the reward is 375K. Pretty nice!