NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Info is out and it looks good for AMD. This could be the first AMD card I have owned since I got rid of my voodoo 2 for a Radeon about 20 years ago. Great for the market for Nvidia to finally have some competition, plus fuck them after that shitty paper launch.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Also biggest wow was 6900 coming in $500 cheaper than the extremely overpriced 3090. $1000 is what the 3090 should have cost

How will they squeeze in 3080 ti, super, 20gb models if they dont leave enough space between the 15% performance gap of the 3080 and 3090?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

nu_11

RTX performance is hilarious - I have yet to run a game where it was worthwhile to even turn on. I mean WoW I guess, but it's severely underutilized.

I think a lot of dudes just spew out terms and numbers because other people do.
Says the guy spewing out bullshit

I get 60fps in Control with Global Illumination RTX and Shadows RTX at 1900p thanks to DLSS Quality on my 2080 TI

Edit: Transparent Reflections RTX is turned on as well

Last edited:

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also the 6900XT is going to be in much more limited quantities at first and only available directly from AMD, no partners.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>

I get 60fps in Control with Global Illumination RTX and Shadows RTX at 1900p thanks to DLSS Quality on my 2080 TI
Dude has PTSD from not being able to secure a 3080, give him a break.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Ray Tracing I care less about. That DLSS though is what Nvidia should be hyping to the heavens.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
At this point if reviews confirm AMD's numbers, this is great for the industry.

It seems that AMD is releasing cards to compete almost perfectly with the 3070, 3080 and 3090 at similar price point. More memory on the 6800 and 6800XT with 16GB compared to 8GB and 10GB form 3070 and 3080 respectively. On the other they offer less memory with only 16GB for the 6900XT than the 24GB on the 3090, but at $500 less.

It looks like availability will decide who wins this generation.

They mentioned that pairing a 6000 series GPU with a 5000 GPU will provide increased performance, I wonder how much that will be.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Seems like 3080 prices are going to normalize soon. Nvidia magically found thousands of them in a warehouse and a lot of people will want AMD instead.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Seems like 3080 prices are going to normalize soon. Nvidia magically found thousands of them in a warehouse and a lot of people will want AMD instead.
We know nothing about AMD's supply yet, and even less about its real world performance. Hold strong my brother.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Dude has PTSD from not being able to secure a 3080, give him a break.
I don't have PTSD. I stopped tracking them a couple weeks ago.

But cherry-picking a single game and saying "but this one is good"... sure, ok. One game has raytracing that is worth it. I never claimed I played every RTX game.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
We know nothing about AMD's supply yet, and even less about its real world performance. Hold strong my brother.

giphy (3).gif

• 1Like

nu_11

RTX performance is hilarious - I have yet to run a game where it was worthwhile to even turn on. I mean WoW I guess, but it's severely underutilized.

I think a lot of dudes just spew out terms and numbers because other people do.

I don't have PTSD. I stopped tracking them a couple weeks ago.

But cherry-picking a single game and saying "but this one is good"... sure, ok. One game has raytracing that is worth it. I never claimed I played every RTX game.

Bro you asked for "a game' and I gave you a game. Now you say it's "cherry-picking?"

Goddamn you're a retarded faggot.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Bro you asked for "a game' and I gave you a game. Now you say it's "cherry-picking?"

Goddamn you're a retarded faggot.

You think he is being a faggot now, you should have seen him during the game of thrones spoilers discussions

giphy (17).gif

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
So were those numbers AMD put up matched with the 500 series mobo and the new Rizen chip to utilize the SMA? I keep seeing that could add 10% to the numbers so if you don't match up AMD those cards are less powerful. SO you have to build a whole new system to utilize an AMD card. Seems kinda weird.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I've yet to use RayTracing in a single game - main reason is i dont even usually turn shadows on beyond low - RT has never been a factor.