NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Dude you are 100% a scalper. You’re more fair about it by doing it for friends and letting other people know about drops which causes you competition. Buying and reselling items for a profit (even if your reasoning is because it’s easy) makes you a scalper. You don’t suddenly switch from not scalper to scalper based on difficulty lol

Ofcourse difficulty changes everything! If i had to froth at the mouth to get these cards then id toss them on eBay or something and gouge as hard as possible! However im not charging for a profit, its just merely a finders fee you see? :D

PS5 game,...thats scalping.. paying $400 and selling for $1000 - fuck i should get in on that scalp...err finders fees!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Ofcourse difficulty changes everything! If i had to froth at the mouth to get these cards then id toss them on eBay or something and gouge as hard as possible! However im not charging for a profit, its just merely a finders fee you see? :D

PS5 game,...thats scalping.. paying $400 and selling for $1000 - fuck i should get in on that scalp...err finders fees!

Honestly, one man's finder's fee is another man's scalp. I'm at a point in my life where I'd easily be willing to pay a $100 premium to have someone locate a guaranteed AMD card. In my opinion, it's just capitalism.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I'd prolly do the same, with not fucked MSRP. But fucked MSRP + the middle man... Why nah.

Xexx Xexx just embrace it. We are to old for high school girl nonsense.

Wasn't the MSRP for 6800xt like 650$ originally?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'd prolly do the same, with not fucked MSRP. But fucked MSRP + the middle man... Why nah.

Xexx Xexx just embrace it. We are to old for high school girl nonsense.

Wasn't the MSRP for 6800xt like 650$ originally?
Yes but no idea what they are now. Tariffs made them all jump 20%ish I think?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How fast are the tariffs going to be yanked though? Not that the companies will drop the price they'll use the line "we still have to clear stock that was imported under the tariffs" when they don't have any stock at all.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
How fast are the tariffs going to be yanked though? Not that the companies will drop the price they'll use the line "we still have to clear stock that was imported under the tariffs" when they don't have any stock at all.

Last i read Biden had not planned to undo the tariffs. I also dont know how much the 6800XT ref cards will cost till Tuesday. If they are still 650ish i may scoop up a couple,

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm a scalper, I'll own it. I've sold 1 Zotac 3090 on Reddit, and 2 other cards to friends for a $50 profit. I really enjoy the chase on these cards and other electronics, and I got into it because I wanted a 3080 for myself, but now I'm not evening building a new computer until the next generation I think. The side hustle paid for my kid's Christmas and then some. It's been nice.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
So what you're saying is your going to find a 3080 or 3090 for your favorite WoW rogue yeah? Yeah?....

• 1Worf

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So what you're saying is your going to find a 3080 or 3090 for your favorite WoW rogue yeah? Yeah?....
Lol, I have a Zotac 3080 Trinity OC coming in Wednesday. Unfortunately wasn't pre-tariff prices so it was $900. :(

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Read the first 30 pages ages ago..... Looking at the last 2 pages still depressing that this shit has gone on for so long. I was planning on a graphics card much later this year but my evga uber duber 1070.... kicked the bucket likely from psu failing as well. Looking around sounds like I am literally computerless for a while. I can't even find older like 2070's that arn't listed for like $600 unless maybe i gamble on some ebay used one.

As a refresher, from what I recall this go around the amd and nvidea's are all fairly comparable then? 3070/80/90 and what are the amd's called? I remember weeping paying 350-400 for my 1070 I think it was, jfc prices are nuts even at msrp now. I think this thread had had a clear winner for performance to cost delta? Ie an extra 800 for a 3090 is ludicris, but is the 3070 peasant tier or what should a somewhat budget minded person be praying to accidentally find.

Shit timing as I was trying to scrape together every grand I could on a big car downpayment.

Molten Core Raider
If you care about ray tracing at all, you need to look for Nvidia cards. This video is one a friend sent me when I first started looking for gpus and had questions about the AMD 6900x. The benchmarks the video has also shows how the AMD card measures up against the 3070, 3080, and 3090 in a few different games and scenarios. I found it very helpful just comparing all the different cards and getting a picture of just how all three nvidia cards measured up against each other and the AMD card.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
If you don't care about ray tracing, AMD all day.

I'll worry about it personally next gen, or the one after

• 1Dislike

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Next Gen when AMD hits 5nm i dont see Nvidia being able to do anything but tout RTX and DLSS because otherwise i dont see them keeping up.

nu_11

If you don't care about ray tracing, AMD all day.

I'll worry about it personally next gen, or the one after
Fucking LOL

Any game with DLSS then Nvidia > AMD

If you care about scientific computational workloads then Nvidia > AMD

If you care about driver stability then Nvidia > AMD

Molten Core Raider
Lost my third fight in three days with the Asus website over a 3080 ROG Strix. Think Im done camping that page and just gonna cross my fingers Best Buy comes through tomorrow.