NZBMatrix is dead. What now?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You weren't throwing out insults last night while you were sucking my dick.

I understand completely. What you said doesn't fucking matter when I'm not getting the speed I'm supposed to be getting with them.
I hate to be elitist but newsgroups might not be your speed. Try torrents out.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Back to invite only. Damn. Still looking for one if anyone has invites.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Question about SABnzbd.

I have a US Usenet provider set as my primary and it works great for most things. I have a block account setup for backup based outta EU, which has been great when something gets DMCA'd.

But I have SAB set to verify downloads, which has been great for saving on bandwithe. SAB will check somehow to see if the entire file is there, before actually downloading it. Worked really well for when I was getting a lot of larger files, and I didn't have to download 7gb, only to realize the last 2gb weren't there.

Anyway, it seems that my backup server only kicks in after a download starts, which means it has to pass the verify check first. Is there a way for SAB to check my EU block account while trying to verify as well, or should I just deal with the extra bandwith and shut off SAB's verification?

Thanks for any help.
Nevermind, I don't download that much "big" stuff anymore, so a few failed downloads if I get them is worth actually using my EU backup accounts when needed.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
Sweet, thanks, I bought a 500GB block. Actually shows that I have 550GB available now.

Great deal for a backup server.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
Do a quick test -- is Game of Thrones available?
Nope
frown.png

ooo6

Trakanon Raider
Damn i desperately need a new place to go. Currently i use nzbindex but its not that great for stuff.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Alright, so between TweakNews and Newshosting, are either of these inflicted with TakeDowns? I really need a to find an alternative to Giganews.

Tweaknews has been solid for me so far. I mostly pick up TV shows and only a few items weren't able to complete (i.e. 500+ day old Fringe BR rips). I'm sure a few movies won't complete as well, but they definitely seem to be slower about DMCA requests than Astraweb or NewsGroupsDirect.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
The last few months have been interesting. Ever since NZBMatrix was shut down, it seems like UFC fights are much easier to download. I was even considering ditching Astraweb because of how quickly they were taking down a lot of UFC events and new movies but again, after NZBMatrix shut down I haven't had many problems at all. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Crone

How come? Just curious? Because I thought there were bots that pretty much did everything?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
It's a lot of scripts that all mesh together and either I was doing something wrong, my server was underpowered, or I don't know what but they were constantly shitting the bed at random times and for random reasons. You would then need to backfill in order to fix the problems that arose. I just couldn't get it stable enough to have it go live for everyone. It was barely stable enough for the 4 people I had testing it so we just gave up.

Crone

rickymartin_sl said:
After severla months on these Newznab sites I'm going back to classical search engines likeFindNZBorNZBFriendsand the reason for that is that all Newznab sites doesn't offer any quality in filtering of Nzb files, stil the same problems with it. The classical are even better for me cause they index much more newsgroups and have much more Nzb files in their databases.
Hmm, how'd I never hear of those before? Guess I got sucked into all the Newznab sites and didn't look further as for the most part they work for me.

Sites free and works well? holy shit. haha

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I need a new provider. I can't seem to get a damn thing with News Demon them lately. Is this a US thing like was stated earlier in the thread, or just the big boys getting DCMA'd?

Recommendations?