NZBMatrix is dead. What now?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The best choice seems to be a US Server, with a EU backup. I've had some success with this, but even this isn't the end all be all. Some shows still you are not able to get.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
I useTweakNewsas my primary provider and I have some data with US providers. I haven't needed a backup so far, and when I tried to speed up the download and enabled them (I have the basic subscription for TweakNews - 10Mbit), they never seem to have the files anymore.

Using Sickbeard and nzb-matrix.eu, I've only once had a TV show not download automatically. Nzb-matrix had failed to filter out a spam posting of Games of Throne that was password protected. So sabnzbd stopped the download, but Sickbeard didn't grab a more recent nzb.

Second what Soriak said. Get Tweaknews as a primary, pick whoever as your backup but you likely won't need them for new shows. For older shows, Tweaknews is still your best bet but they have removed some stuff. That said, if it's removed on Tweaknews it's very unlikely to be on another provider either.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
Does anyone have an issue with Sickbeard preventing Windows from entering sleep mode? I've set the time to sleep to 1min and even so, it doesn't sleep unless I shut down sickbeard manually. I don't see what it'd be checking that often... I set it to search for new episodes every 45mins and there's nothing in the backlog.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Bumps.

So I've been happy with my provider for a long time and don't have issues with takedowns or anything. Several of my free indexing sites though have been taken down and I'm looking for another good indexer. I like the look ofsmackdownonyoulinked earlier but I'm also wary that they don't appear to offer feedback options. One of the best parts of NZBmatrix was that you could tell if releases were legit based on the feedback. The other free indexers I've used have feedback but aren't used very often so worthless in most cases. So tired of the passworded and virus filled shit. I don't mind paying a one-time fee for registration if the site's good. Is that site worth it or any other alternative recommendations?

Also, I know there are good invite only indexers and I've been trying to get into ChicaNZB for awhile now as it has good word on being solid. Anyone have any invites for there or other good indexers?

Edit: I also am looking for more consistency with content that isn't TV. I never have problems getting TV episodes but it's often hard to find several things on the free indexers like PC games, movie DVD rips that aren't compressed video files but the actual DVD, and anything music that isn't incredibly mainstream.

Stave

Potato del Grande
So what is a good Usenet server to buy from? I have used Astraweb for years, but paying $10 for 25gb just seems like a ripoff especially when a BR movie or game can take 10gb alone. I don't want to subscribe monthly as one month I may download 500mb of music, and the next I may DL 10gb, so I like to just buy a chunk. Anyone have some good dependable servers that are reasonably priced?

TXjohnny

<Bronze Donator>
Astraweb has a package for 1000g of data for $50. My d/l's vary as well, I'm around 270g of used data and it's been about 8 months for me. In a couple more years when I finally use my 1000g, I'll definitely rebuy!

Crone

I use blocknews.net , and their European servers as a back up, but I assume their US stuff works out well.

I pay $10/month through easynews, for unlimited NNTP downloads. Since I have it all linked up through Sickbeard, and Sabnzbd, I never use their web interface, so unlimited for $10/month is pretty awesome.

Lusiphur

Peasant
Anyone got some invites to a decent indexer? Been using Newztown and Sickbeard's built in index as a backup and it is just not picking up certain shows. For example this weeks Castle(!), Marvel Agents of SHIELD(meh) and Supernatural (this was a wtf). I picked them up off of IPTorrents but that's a manual process.
I can pay in IPTorrents or FreshonTV invites.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Anyone got some invites to a decent indexer? Been using Newztown and Sickbeard's built in index as a backup and it is just not picking up certain shows. For example this weeks Castle(!), Marvel Agents of SHIELD(meh) and Supernatural (this was a wtf). I picked them up off of IPTorrents but that's a manual process.
I can pay in IPTorrents or FreshonTV invites.
Add Womble's index on sickbeard it should help.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
I have 5 invites for ChicaNZB. PM me your email address and I can send an invite.
Just a heads up: I'm now out of invites, sorry.
frown.png

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
All my sites are being hit with bad uploads that contain all sorta bad shit. Granted I do use public sites....

Crone

To use headphones with? Like as in to download music? I'm not sure I understand the question.