Once Human

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Sounds like this just released FYI!
1720565162888.png

Most people seem to be bitching about the fact that you get one character per account, can't change servers to be with friends, and can't delete the character. Lol? No idea if any of that is true.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
ya, choose your server wisely cause it is true. Previous betas you could swap servers in order to make new characters.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That seems pretty dumb - why would you make a social game and then hardlock people into the server and character forever?

Unless they plan to charge people to do that....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
We've heard your feedback, and the devs really put some effort into fixing this issue. Now multiple-character creation is available! We initially closed multi-character creation because the experience wasn't up to snuff. We wanted to perfect it by August 1, but that plan backfired. Sorry about that! We appreciate your understanding as we work to make things right for you.

At least they are quick to respond, they've been that way throughout the betas

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
That seems pretty dumb - why would you make a social game and then hardlock people into the server and character forever?

Unless they plan to charge people to do that....

It is a seasonal game so wipes will be a thing so they are definitely not any forever characters

Xevy

Log Wizard
JFC this idea cannot die fast enough. It only exists to create artificial FOMO.
Seasonal games exist because of non-casual gamers. Every seasonal game needs to just dump every season into a standard league so all the 2 hours to play a week people can just keep their shit and not ruin the game for the people who play 10+ hours a week.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Seasonal with some carry over stuff I think is what they have in this one. Not defending the practice, just sayin

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Seasonal games exist because of non-casual gamers.

Seasonal games exist because many developers can't come up with compelling reasons to play games long-term but the corporate machine demands dollars and engagement.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Seasonal games exist because of non-casual gamers. Every seasonal game needs to just dump every season into a standard league so all the 2 hours to play a week people can just keep their shit and not ruin the game for the people who play 10+ hours a week.

God fucking forbid that a game have a natural end. We seemed to do just fine without seasons until ~2015. Just delete your character if you need a reset. (Assuming you can, lol.)

What I really object to is having content within a season that becomes inaccessible unless you play "enough" during a particular block of time. Offer fresh ideas, great, but let me consume them at my own pace.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Things like ladders have existed for 25 years now. Some games it makes more sense than others, but I do believe survival games definitely fall into that category.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Seasonal makes sense for some GAS games. Its either that or continue to churn out shitty broken, undone content via expansion packs. I mean its been this way ever since Everquest back in the day. While I agree that some games can just end, this is pretty much a mmo where it cant or else it will die just like Outriders did.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So what exactly gets wiped? Is it Rust-style wipe where they delete all the bases and your equipment but you still can keep your blueprints you learned before, or is it a true wipe and you lose everything except paid cosmetics?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So what exactly gets wiped? Is it Rust-style wipe where they delete all the bases and your equipment but you still can keep your blueprints you learned before, or is it a true wipe and you lose everything except paid cosmetics?

The whole map gets wiped, but you can lay down your base with 2 clicks as it was in the previous season. All items you got from the previous season carry over into the new one. Season content is only cosmetics, be it clothing, weapon skins, housing items and some healing stims, but nothing that allows you to get through content quicker or be more powerful than any other person in the game.

If I'm being honest, this game is pretty damn good not only as a F2P game, but just a survival game in general. It's fleshed out well, systems work good, building and crafting is nice, mobs are very diverse, events are great. Id recommend it to try for sure.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The whole map gets wiped, but you can lay down your base with 2 clicks as it was in the previous season. All items you got from the previous season carry over into the new one. Season content is only cosmetics, be it clothing, weapon skins, housing items and some healing stims, but nothing that allows you to get through content quicker or be more powerful than any other person in the game.

If I'm being honest, this game is pretty damn good not only as a F2P game, but just a survival game in general. It's fleshed out well, systems work good, building and crafting is nice, mobs are very diverse, events are great. Id recommend it to try for sure.

Though I won't touch it, this is consistent with what I'm hearing.

It's not Nightingale or Enshrouded. It's a much more developed survival game than those titles. So far ahead of them in development, that no comparison would ever be made between them at all, besides to ask "is this a cash grab" like other survival titles or not.

Once Human is not a cash grab since there is no pay2win in the shop. It's been scanned and checked for pay2win and I haven't heard anything about there being any pay2win. Everything looks good if you are into the genre and want to mess around.

I'm sure there might be some seasonal boost packs or something like that added quietly later on.

Last edited:

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
There’s a ton of tiny things in this game that you don’t expect.

When you put a piano in your house, you can tune it and play it.

put down a large fish tank, fill it with fish you can go catch,

build your house and if you like it, save it as a blueprint that will auto assemble if later if you don’t want to move your main base, or use preset blueprints if you want.

it’s surprising at times I’ve come across small things like those where I’m like “well dang that’s neat” and overtime it adds up to a pretty fun experience.

this is probably the best survival game I’ve played since Valheim.

Mao

Trakanon Raider
Is there any server us old folks are gathering on, since we can't move around easily and I'd rather play shitty survival games with friends than solo.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I'm surprised this isn't getting more attention. It's really fucking good, especially for free to play.

It's like all the best aspects of Rust, The Division, Secret World, and Palworld had a baby.

My only knocks so far are graphics optimization isn't the best - game looks good but runs pretty meh. And the building system has some bugs with snapping points where you have to destroy prior work to get a piece to snap correctly. It also has the "integrity" system that Conan has where things above need support from columns, walls, etc., but the game doesn't indicate that at all like Conan did.

Oh, I guess voice acting could be a bit better also, but stories in these games are always pretty average to bad.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users