Orphan Black

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
This show was a good find when i got to sit through and watch an entire season. Ray Donovan was pretty good too, cant wait for season 2's to roll up.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, I really loved the first 8 episodes. Fantastic writing. Episode 9 got really silly though. Soccer mom's character went from pretty interesting to a complete mess. That episode was almost all silly chick emotion, and it spread to all of the main characters. The finale was a bit better, but 9 really took the wind out of its sails.

I'll stick around for season 2 however. Glad I don't have too long to wait.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Finally got around to doing a marathon viewing of this show, minus the finale which I read "ruined" the rest of the series. I made myself watch the end today though, and it turns out that was the understatement of the year.

Orphan Black is 9 episodes of awesome followed by one episode that takes a giant steaming shit on everything before it. That finale was so utterly retarded that I'm not even sure I want to see what happens next season.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
Finally got around to doing a marathon viewing of this show, minus the finale which I read "ruined" the rest of the series. I made myself watch the end today though, and it turns out that was the understatement of the year.

Orphan Black is 9 episodes of awesome followed by one episode that takes a giant steaming shit on everything before it. That finale was so utterly retarded that I'm not even sure I want to see what happens next season.
Its been awhile since I watched the show, I cannot even remember how it ended in the finale. I remember liking the show pretty well, maybe I just blocked out the last episode.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Its been awhile since I watched the show, I cannot even remember how it ended in the finale. I remember liking the show pretty well, maybe I just blocked out the last episode.
I was a little bit annoyed that no-one on the writing staff knew what a patent was, so evidently didn't realise how stupid their big reveal looked. It wasn't *that* bad though.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, the big reveal is that the main chick, Sarah and the psycho chick, Helena were twin sisters. They were a fertilized egg placed in a black woman to be the host mother. Sometime during the pregnancy, they "split" for whatever reason. She gave one of the babies to the church and one to an orphanage.

The church royally fucked up Helena, so she went crazy, where as Sarah had a fairly normal life.

At the end, Sarah kills Helena only to discover that Kira (her daughter) is missing. Probably with the doctor or whatever.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nah, that wasn't the big reveal. That part was pretty obvious from the moment Helena started talking about them having a "connection". Alison's husband being her observer was painfully obvious too, it was the only explanation for why he stuck around.

The big reveal was that apparently you can patent something that is illegal and not only is the patent still valid, but it's also so all-powerful that patenting the process of cloning a human allows to you own any such clones you might create (again, illegally) and even any children they ever have.

And then when the clone in question finds this out, she immediately sends a "fuck you" text to the evildoers when she knows they are aware of her child existence and current, unprotected location.

I don't even know what to say about the garbage disposal thing. That was like something lifted straight out of the worst horror movie ever made.

The only good thing about the whole episode was getting rid of Helena finally. Though to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised at this point if the writers opened season two with a scene where she gets up, slaps a band-aid on her gunshot wound, and heads out to get her revenge.

velk

Trakanon Raider
The big reveal was that apparently you can patent something that is illegal and not only is the patent still valid, but it's also so all-powerful that patenting the process of cloning a human allows to you own any such clones you might create (again, illegally) and even any children they ever have.
In all fairness, ruling that having children constituted patent violation in the case of EvilCorp vs Unemployed Single Mother would probably be the stupidest patent ruling that the Texas east district court has made.... but not by a lot
cool.png

velk

Trakanon Raider
Good to see the second season going strong.

I guess the regeneration that Kira has is inherited - that's probably what reversed whatever was supposed to make the clones sterile. Not too sad to see Helena back, she's probably the second most interesting character after Allison - the neurotic psycho soccer mom is always hilarious, especially this episode with 'Ramon' and the rape whistle, heh.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Love this show, so glad it is back. Id watch a just Alison show with out the other clones she is that awesome.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just watched Season 1. Amazing series. That patent shit was almost show ruining bad though. I was pretty annoyed about the contract bullshit to begin with since those would be illegal and unenforceable, and then they throw that patent on there. It is obvious they originally wrote it as one season and then scrambled to create a reason for season 2.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Season 2 has been decent, though. Granted, there's a lot of silly shit still going on, but the show as a whole is watchable.

schnarkie_sl

shitlord
I decided to binge watch this on Amazon Prime (season 1) then caught up on season 2.

Really love this show.

One of the creepiest moments i've seen on TV...

Helena walking up to the door when Kira is standing there. This still creeps me out. I thought about it when I had maintenance knocking on my door a few nights ago and I had to look out hah.

I love Helena's character. Her dialogue is just weird.

Helena and Alison steal the show.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The latest episode showed a more human side of Helena. It also stars Mike Ross (well, that's his character name in Suits). I can't wait for Suits to start back up... 2 more weeks.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Holy shit, you see that fuckin' head come apart, man?
I never seen brains like that before, man.