Orphan Black

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Just finished the first season. The first half of the season was quite good, and then it got progressively worse until it culminated with one of the stupidest episodes of television I've ever seen in my entire life. Infuriating. Are the hilariously terrible writing mistakes from this finale somehow fixed in S2?

Oatlord_sl

shitlord
Watching the lead slip Sarah's accent into Sarah's impersonation of Allison made me appreciate how talented an actress she is.

spronk

FPS noob
just marathoned thru season 2, meh i feel like i'm a misogynist or something for not liking this show (watch cuz family loves it, girl power rah rah). The finale of 1 & 2 were both good, episodes 1-9 were 90% filler. I guess its gonna get renewed but secretly I wish it was cancelled.

one thing that really bothers me is that the scifi part of this show is super, super weak. Like every single scifi book set in the future involving any sort of cloning has one driving factor: immortality. copy your consciousness into a cloned body, live forever. The fact that nobody in this show so far has even talked about that as a goal or anything just makes me so mad.

What this show really needs is someone like Walt from Fringe, the crazy scientist who comes up with a million crack pot ideas that turn out to be goddamn brilliant but severely expose flaws in humanity to astoundingly dangerous proportions. I had high hopes for Matt Frewer and Rachel's dad, but both were complete duds.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I think it was better in season 1. Season 2 felt like they just moved the pieces around. I don't see any point in season 3, or rather, me watching it.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Just got done powering through the first two seasons. I too was like "ummm... wtf" when they started talking about the patent stuff, but I think they recovered alright from that snafu by showing how they (Dyad/Topside/whatever) are trying to shape genetic legislation.

Kira obviously has special powers beyond being a clone's baby seemingly related to healing. I am wondering if it is just self-regeneration or if she has some magic touch and was healing Cosima and the end there. Also something interesting, since we now know Paul is a double agent working for project Castor, that means he knew exactly who/what Mark Rollins was when he ran into him at the bar.

Overall the show is enjoyable. I'm not eagerly anticipating season 3, but I will probably marathon through it once it comes out.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Also just marathoned through both season. I feel like season 2 had a missing episode or something towards the end. Episode 9 ends with Kira captured out of the hospital and put in that little girls room at Dyad. Then the last shot of the episode is Sarah leaving to go get her back. Then the next episode starts with her a prisoner of Dyad and in handcuffs, making some sort of confession and them trying to harvest her ovaries. WTF? I feel like I missed an entire episode of Sarah trying to infiltrate Dyah to save Kirah and getting captured in the process. Also the old biologist is in handcuffs as well...never saw anything about him getting to that point.

Just very, very odd.

Decent show, my one gripe is with the "on the next episode" segments at the end, they often completely spoil cliffhangers. Like someone gets captured to end an episode, but then you see them free and fine again in the preview clips. That isn't planned out very well.

Also, they better not kill off Cosima, she's the hottest form of all the clones.

And that freak clone Tony with the beard was ridiculous, I hope that doesn't pop up again, I couldnt take any of that seriously it was so bad.

spronk

FPS noob
show was renewed for season 3, damn

at least it didn't get any oscar noms, the tears of orphan black fans are tasty

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
So I started marathoning this because I didn't have anything else to watch. It hooked me pretty early. It's a dark, present day sci-fi with a hot lead in a bunch of different roles that are all slutty in their own ways and a pretty intriguing mystery story. At least that's how it starts.

(Heavy spoilers below, not going to tag it though since this shit has been out for awhile now).

I could forgive the patent shit from the s1 finale since they made a big deal over it and then seemed to mostly drop it, but season 2 so far is pretty much a disaster. Allison, my favorite clone from season 1, apparently had her script hijacked by the people who wrote the later seasons of Weeds. It's basically just silly bullshit. The Christard Farm they stuck Helena in is fucking retarded, and other than being creepy in a ridiculously over the top way they completely fail as antagonists. The only time her story got good was when she escaped, but then they throw her right back in there (and then lose that plot line completely for several episodes). The entire line with Kira's probable father is retarded, too.

Blah, blah, blah, then I get to the end of s2ep7 and then ep8. So Donnie pulls a Vince Vega on Dr. Leaky and then we head right into the Episode Fedor Wrote. Tony the Transclone? Seriously? Fuck you.

I don't know if I can watch the last two episodes. Really disappointing in light of how the series started, and despite the amazing job the lead actress does.

spronk

FPS noob
its too bad this show wasn't made a decade ago, and then Dollhouse made with Tatiana instead of Eliza Dushku. Tatiana would have been perfect for that show.

and you may as well finish the show Adam it doesn't really get any better, well it gets better than the Fedor episode but at least it resolves a few things

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I just went ahead and finished it. It was better but I don't think the finale redeemed the show. An elaborate plan and setup so you could one-up the Joker? Why not just shoot Roboclone and be done with it? Knowing this show, though, there's no way she's dead.

There are so many ways that this show fucked up that I really don't care to list them right now. Maybe later, but man they did a great job of ruining a good premise.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I just finished S2 last night. I won't get into all the nitpicking that has already been covered. I just want to comment on how impressed I am with the lead actress. I seriously forget that she is the same person playing all those roles because she does it so well. Really would love to see her get an award for her work. Just amazing.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
just marathoned thru season 2, meh i feel like i'm a misogynist or something for not liking this show (watch cuz family loves it, girl power rah rah). The finale of 1 & 2 were both good, episodes 1-9 were 90% filler. I guess its gonna get renewed but secretly I wish it was cancelled.

one thing that really bothers me is that the scifi part of this show is super, super weak. Like every single scifi book set in the future involving any sort of cloning has one driving factor: immortality. copy your consciousness into a cloned body, live forever. The fact that nobody in this show so far has even talked about that as a goal or anything just makes me so mad.

What this show really needs is someone like Walt from Fringe, the crazy scientist who comes up with a million crack pot ideas that turn out to be goddamn brilliant but severely expose flaws in humanity to astoundingly dangerous proportions. I had high hopes for Matt Frewer and Rachel's dad, but both were complete duds.
Have you been paying attention to the show at all? Why the fuck would they address that sort of thing when scientists are unable to clone people in the present?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
So apparently season 3 is in full swing and they're already 6 or 7 episodes in...who knew?

Anyone watching season 3 yet? I really liked season 1, but thought season 2 started to get a little dumb and convoluted towards the end, I'm debating on whether to even watch season 3 or not.

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
Season 3 is even worse than Season 2 ... it's getting pretty dumb and repetitive with random bits of "oh that was cool" in it. Season 1 was excellent though.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, they don't know what to do with the show. Core premise just gets repeated and expanded along the same paths.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
So I started marathoning this because I didn't have anything else to watch. It hooked me pretty early. It's a dark, present day sci-fi with a hot lead in a bunch of different roles that are all slutty in their own ways and a pretty intriguing mystery story. At least that's how it starts.
And that's how they should have kept it. What a waste.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
So I watched the first episode of season 3...and I think in done with this show. Tons of stupid switcheroo crap with like every sister dressing up and pretending to be another sister. Just dumb.