Overwatch

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Also there's something hilarious about a bunch of old dudes trying to play a competitive FPS - from changing mouse settings, to trying to form teams.. I don't know, something about it makes me laugh. We're all guilty of it (myself included).

I'm 32 but I feel 14 years old when I play this

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Also there's something hilarious about a bunch of old dudes trying to play a competitive FPS - from changing mouse settings, to trying to form teams.. I don't know, something about it makes me laugh. We're all guilty of it (myself included).

Amen

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

32 that's not old, I haven't been 32 in 15 years.
smile.png

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Gonna need a bigger mouse pad!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
This game is getting less and less fun pugging.

For one thing, I would say that 90% of the game easily are steamrolled, one way or the other...I rarely end up playing in even matches, it always seem to be one side owning the other one. Happens that's it me as often as not, so it's not like it's a one way thing.

The other thing, is I seem to join losing games under way, more and more...I don't keep track, but I'd say 1/4 or 1/5 are games under way that are essentially lost already and that sucks.

The other thing is the long queues, it's probably averaging over 2 mins wait time recently...now couple that with joining games that are almost over, or games when either team steamrolls the other for games that last 3-5 mins tops, with the 1 min preparation time, and the minute or so for the cards and results at the end. I feel I spend more time waiting doing nothing than I am playing.

I don't understand how 1 person in a queue can take over 2 mins to find a game, it makes no sense to me. Also I had a few games not starting because not enough players, when 1 team is already at 6, and the other has 5...seriously there isn't ONE player to fill the group.

What sucks is that all of this has very little to do with the gameplay itself which is fun as hell.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I've noticed some of this but main thing I attribute it to is burnout or hype dying down.

I've had 20+ RR friends online nightly, now it's like 5-10 at peak. Without Competitive there are no "hooks" to keep you in game. Probably also some people that just moved on already.

I don't think the game is dying. I think a lot of people are still playing, but just for shorter periods.
When Competitive is out I bet we see a resurgence.

I also never had to wait 2+ minutes, sometimes matchmaking gets bugged. Cancel and re-queue can often help. Usually get matched within 30 seconds.
I do notice joining nearly completed matches a lot, this is because the matchmaker tries to fill open spots ASAP. It's not really a big deal since you shouldn't be taking losses, unless you're present a majority of the match. There are a lot of spaces to fill because people realize there are practically no penalties to dodging games, also joining friends will kick you from games, and people often prefer to join their friends.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Pretty much what Fawe say. I play nightly, but just an hour or so, as previously I was playing 4-5 hours.

I get a two minute queue sometimes, then get dumped down with lvl 15's or whatever a lot of times. I just quit those games and rejoin the queue.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Brahma if you ever see me on you can always join. You know the guys I always play with and they love your Rein

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2 minute queue is pretty rare. Haven't gotten many of the "join losing game at the last 30 seconds" much either lately, maybe been lucky.

As a mostly solo queue, I'd say its about even split, 33% chance its a stomp and my team gets rolled, 33% chance we stomp or 33% chance its a good game that last to overtimes.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I'm late to the Zarya discussion. She is my most played, with 15 hours at 60% win rate. Lucio and Mei are my second and third most played, at 8 and 7 hours. I love Zarya's playstyle, and find she fits into almost every composition.

Once you get a good feel for her survivability, you can stay on or around objectives and be a real terror. Staying in the action and keeping shields up is where she really shines. Once you get 50+ energy you become a huge threat to squishies. Getting charged and pounded to mincemeat by Reinheart is depressing though.

Someone posted a YouTube video of Zarya's hidden mobility a couple weeks back that showcases the jumps you can make with her alt fire. That video definitely helped me up my game with her.

Definitely my favorite champion. If I don't have a better skin for her by level 75, I'm going to buy the Siberian Front skin.

spronk

FPS noob
Zarya is great but when playing against her, you can almost feel the other player cry out in anger if you stop shooting her when she pops a shield. She is pretty weak if people just avoid shooting those bubbles for the 5 seconds they stay up

i also just checked, level 32 but I have 0 1k skins
frown.png
feels bad mang

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hate her skins. Goth or some stupid russian eskimo.

Even if you dont get shot directly, most games its still pretty easy to charge up. Turrets, explosions, symmetra balls, all kinds of things to just walk into to charge up. Hard part is getting teammates to walk into shit. Usually cant shield a teammate and hope they take damage in pugs, have to save it for times you know they are about to take damage.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I hate her skins. Goth or some stupid russian eskimo.

Even if you dont get shot directly, most games its still pretty easy to charge up. Turrets, explosions, symmetra balls, all kinds of things to just walk into to charge up. Hard part is getting teammates to walk into shit. Usually cant shield a teammate and hope they take damage in pugs, have to save it for times you know they are about to take damage.
The special forces outfit is awesome. But ya, E is hard to time right if your team is being super conservative and staying behind a Rein shield 24/7.

I still love the game but I've been so busy at work this week, so too tired to play afterwards
frown.png

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
But ya, E is hard to time right if your team is being super conservative and staying behind a Rein shield 24/7.
Put it on Reinhardt if the enemy is shooting his shield. The game consumes your shield before his in the event of it being applied to him so you can safely gather energy while they pummel his big rectangle and then walk out and use yours to get even more before retreating to safety.

edit: Whoops not entirely true!Overwatch: Now with Battlenet tags. - Page 262clears up how this actually works.