Overwatch

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
who said no one makes mistakes? we are humans, we fuck up. its what we do. considering this is a team based game, you have to rely on others to know what the hell they are doing and play together.
That's why the only thing to focus on is improving your own play. You will rarely play with the same teammates again (aside from organized play which is irrelevant to the conversation) and getting distracted dissection other player's mishaps just makes you play even worse. Again, the 5 randoms on your team aren't magically 50 IQ points lower than the 6 randoms on the enemy team.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I just don't understand this system....my 6th placement match was against two 3 man groups with 4/6 of the people already having ranks against our unranked 6 randos.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well sometimes you just have a bad night, 1-5, lost 3 levels down to 42.
frown.png

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It seems actual individual performance is worth close to nothing in the way they calculate the rank gain or loss after a match, and even the actual score of the match doesn't seem to matter.

I lost a payload that went into sudden death, both matches were close. I performed well, had 2 gold for objective kill, and objective time, and 2 silver in elimination and damage as Zarya. I think 17 kills, 12 on objective or something like that. I lost 3/4 of a level.

I lost another payload, a total rout, we were absolutely destroyed...they won on attack, we didn't get the first point. I had an horrible game, 1 bronze medal only. I lost 3/4 of a level also.

I'm not even sure if anything but win-loss actually enters the equation, like a loss is 3/4 no matter individual performance.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Well sometimes you just have a bad night, 1-5, lost 3 levels down to 42.
frown.png
Just finished placement, got 56 went 7-3

Last match was a loss again and was 4 premade with a 2 premade with 5/6 being ranked against our full on unranked rando team.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Because individual performance can mean squat. You could be king on your team, but if your whole team did horrible you just happen to be the least horrible, you were all still horrible.

Seems more of win/losing vs enemy teams rank, which is normal for these kind of systems I would think. Never heard of a ladder system in a team based game that also took into consideration individual performance.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Having fun in ranked so far, more toxic than quick play sure but each game I play is pretty even and competitive. Wonder how a decent casual player will shake out seasons end playing maybe 10-15 games a week though... I've played since launch and I'm only level 36, ranked 55 so I don't play that much.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Oh and 1 quick question. I see who is grouped for the opposing faction...every single one of my matches tonight were against pre-mades...only of 2-4...not full pre-mades though, and almost all my games in competitive have been against pre-mades, but I have never been put in a group that had pre-made...is it that you don't see if your group has people pre-made in it? Or I have just been unlucky so far?

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Mine have all been even groupwise today. Usually like a group of 2 on each side and a group of 3 on each side, with me and someone else being solo.

I seem to win all the king of the hills and lose all the payloads.

btw what are these little nubbinses out next to the rankings? The ones I circled in green.
rrr_img_136359.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'll stop bitching, not worth it.

If people think I'm upset at my rank number I'm not. I never played fag LoL so maybe the butthurt is just hitting me now.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I never played fag LoL so maybe the butthurt is just hitting me now.
I think this is probably a big part of it. Those of us who have played LoL for years are used to toxic players, bad attitudes, and shitty play from other players. You can be the guy who tries correct others or tell them how to play; you'll be frustrated, that's for sure. Or you can take the good with the bad, knowing that the other team has to deal with the same thing as you. Like others have said, your best bet is simply to focus on your own play and try to improve.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
should be shut off.

We need a blue post on KOTH issue in ranked - Overwatch Forums

No plans to reset skill rating. Basically, very little skill rating adjustment is happening in either direction. It's a zero-sum bug. The skill rating system is entirely player-relative. This is a bug that affects everyone equally. Your losses on Control maps are also not being adjusted as much as they should... The bottom line is Control maps aren't really adjusting players in either direction as much as they should. On the bright side, wins still yield competitive points...

The fix will be live soon OR we will disable the Control maps.
Edit: As soon as I posted, just got in a KoTH map... Lijiang Tower... now to see if fixed.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
9-1 got me rank 64, and koth maps are definitely still in rotation, just did x2 Nepal to end my placements.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
So just wanted to do one quick placement match before bed... right as 5 second countdown to start happens, weird black spreads from center of screen suddenly until I can't see anything except my UI and other UI elements (hero outlines, names, shields). I fucked with graphics settings as much as I could without restarting but nothing helped. I was pharah and managed to follow someone out of spawn after they died, and since it was Hollywood on attack (pretty simple if you stick near the main path) and I could see enemy outlines (but not terrain or objects) I actually contributed a LOT more than I would have thought possible. I only died once, just sitting on the car because I could see it :p died at the last checkpoint though and it was a bitch to blind-walk my way back into the open.

Didn't fix itself after we switched sides either so I just exited the game and rejoined, I'll take the loss but at least I was able to help everyone else win easy. Never seen anything like that playing before and hopefully won't see it again.

Looks like it's actually pretty common, and could be caused by anything from overclocking to overlays to recording software to nothing at all:Black Screen with hud and game still working - Overwatch Forums