Overwatch

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's odd, I thought you had to be level 25 to play in competitive. But the ss above shows 2 level 18's if I read that right. Oh, and can anyone explain what the stars under the characters indicate?
The stars mean they're leve 100 x star, plus whatever it says. So they're not 18, they're 118. It resets indefinitely like that I think.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
That's odd, I thought you had to be level 25 to play in competitive. But the ss above shows 2 level 18's if I read that right. Oh, and can anyone explain what the stars under the characters indicate?
The star indicate 100 levels. So they are 118 and it 18.
smile.png

Amzin beat me to it by a few seconds.
smile.png

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Partially answered your own question. You get a star for every 100 levels. So level 118 would be 18 with a star under the portrait. 218 is 2 stars.

Damn my slow phone typing skills, beaten to the answer.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It really makes you wonder about the skill level of someone ranked 39 that is level 218 and picks genji when 2 others already did

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
It really makes you wonder about the skill level of someone ranked 39 that is level 218 and picks genji when 2 others already did
I ran into something similar recently and it turned out it was an account at a Lan center so it was a shared account that was heavily used but not by the same player. Possible that this is the same with those awful decisions, but it could just as easily be a troll, which I see far more frequently in competitive play. At least qm, people can hide behind the excuse of practice or just having a laugh with no major punishment to the entire team.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I need to upgrade my PC before I take a serious stab at learning Genji. My weak FPS just won't do him any justice.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I ran into something similar recently and it turned out it was an account at a Lan center so it was a shared account that was heavily used but not by the same player. Possible that this is the same with those awful decisions, but it could just as easily be a troll, which I see far more frequently in competitive play. At least qm, people can hide behind the excuse of practice or just having a laugh with no major punishment to the entire team.
Isn't account sharing bannable?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Eh LAN centers get a pass. The reason it was so high up the played list in Korea was because of PC Bangs, not because of sales.

Edit: Also you aren't sharing account info, just letting someone play. Account info is the big thing no company likes you sharing, for a bunch of (pretty good) reasons.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
The biggest hole to my game is not being really great at any offense heroes. I end up playing soldier there more than anything but wish I was better at reaper or pharah. Need quick play practice I guess.
Funny thing is that soldier is a lot better on defense then offense.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don't seem to see anyone else grouped up unless it isn't very obvious, i figured it kept largely solo ppl with solo ppl.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
You can see in this picture that the blue team has 3 people grouped and the red team has 2 by the white on each sides.

rrr_img_136643.jpg

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
And that screen disappears really fast and then I don't believe there is a way to bring it back up. Unless I just don't know the hotkey. You would have thought it'd show up in the P screen but it doesnt.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Pre-mades on your team or on the enemy team = totally irrelevant data unless you're a salty bad looking to prepare excuses for why [something other than you] is holding you back from your great glory at the top of the ladder.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Seems like they'd be a lot more prone to sync ults, target players, or any other shit that helps teams win.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Pre-mades on your team or on the enemy team = totally irrelevant data unless you're a salty bad looking to prepare excuses for why [something other than you] is holding you back from your great glory at the top of the ladder.
not true all the time. Just got put into a group with a 5-man premade who never talked at all so must have been using comms outside the game and even though I ended up gold Elims/Dmg/Obj Kills, we got stomped fucking hard. Our highest guy was level 57 against another premade that had 2x 58s and higher across the board.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
premades do mean something because they will almost never join team comms

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
premades do mean something because they will almost never join team comms
Neither do most people I played with at rank 57. Granted, I only played 20 or so comp games so who knows. Are you guys saying its common in your experience to have all 5 strangers up and following voice calls? I find that hard to believe.

Fawe, your anecdote is fine but where are the accompanying "I got put with a pre-made who never said a word to me but they were well-coordinated and we won handily." anecdotes? Are you implying that its more likely to lose with a pre-made on your team? Or just that its less fun because they don't talk to you and sometimes you lose.