Overwatch

Xevy

Log Wizard
In high plat/diamond at least, Pharah is a novelty. Outdoor map or map with a lot of cliffs? She's an okay pick. Any other map? She's going to get hitscan countered immediately. The only way to counter THAT is to have enough flankers that hitscan has to split damage between the two tasks.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I had a rough time watching that video beyond him talking about the definition of counter.

I know there are people out there that think there is a solidified answer for everything, and that countering is the absolute meaning of denying a singular character. That extends to most games, but trying to expand a vocabulary that repersents quick responses and commands, bugs me. I just expect when me or my team request a counter and/or someone to deal w/ a pharah, I at least expect a hitscan to come on the board rather than a mei/junkrat/reaper. Fuck off, and just realize countering is not black and white. /rant I had to deal w/ that in League a lot, because I was a Lux/other mages main in Plat and the reminiscences of Zed's still existed after some assassin nerf. Get chewed out because of counter, when 8/10 I would body a zed, and provide 100% more team pressure.. but no, zed counters you.

I've kinda just watched the Pharah rants and held off saying anything, but if you struggle and find that you, yourself cannot take her, look at going Road if you can play him. If you try to reserve your hooks mostly for her, while throwing the occasional attempt for mis-postioned/flankers.. That Pharah is generally fucked, aside from a few maps in which she is just tremendously good at.. like Night Market, but that requires the >faster to really beat that and people seem to put dicks in their hands when the Pharah gets a primo setup and continue to poke which prolongs the issue of trying to get in.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Hog is a good pharah killer if she is low enough, but most good pharahs almost never get in range of your hook, let alone your rclick.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Got booted out of a game and it wouldn't let me rejoin. I never lost connection to the group and could still chat, but it repeatedly failed when trying to rejoin. Eventually I killed the task and started it back up and got back in. Noticed little diag numbers in the corner:
corner.png

After the match, got this:

bollocks.png

Even though I made it back in. I never lost connection to anything else so I think it was just a bliz glitch

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Hog is a good pharah killer if she is low enough, but most good pharahs almost never get in range of your hook, let alone your rclick.

You'd be surprised though. I mean, if you can pop her w/ right clicks consistently then yeah.. you're probably an extremely good road. It's more about the hook, and how no matter how hard Pharah tries, her being in the air is a considerable bad positioning. I mean if she sets up in the back flying, it becomes relative ease to dodge rockets but you also have the consequence of poke. Like the guy above faster condensed fighting, will ruin Pharah. A lot of people get hit by the stall when they get poked, continue to get poked, so it takes longer and longer to do anything. She doesn't have the ability to instantly pick someone off, she can just lay some serious fire. It's like Junkrat holding a choke.. if you just slam through that choke, the junkrat will fall.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
What a difference the time you play at has on the quality of players. This morning, teams had great comp, people were talking, people are nice and then around noon EST, it changes...all stupid comp and no communication, people get toxic etc..

The win rate mostly remains the same because it's happening on both sides, it's just a lot less fun.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I really don't think Pharah is an issue. If you have someone who knows and willing to accept their job (Soldier or you pick of counter), she really is a non-issue. While I typically main a support class, if I play D.Va, I will typically volunteer to keep Pharah at bay. I can typically kill or annoy them enough they switch. To my, as a previous Pharah main, Pharah is a snowball or rhythm champion. If I get 2, then 3, 10 kills, i've frustrated the team so much they have began fighting amongst themselves or switching up their team comp in addition to just being on a roll. Things may have changed since then, I have been playing Lucio, Mercy, or D.Va the last 2-3 seasons.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Let me tell you how much aids a sym/mercy/orisa/rein/bastion/torb comp is on Hollywood pushing the payload.

Overwatch shield meta is not very fun.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Overwatch Insurrection trailer leaked...sorry it's in French. Looks to be a PVE event. Awesome looking Genji skin.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
So hyped for this PVE event, loved the previous ones. Skins look amazing too, especially Genji, Reinhardt and finally a Widowmaker legendary!

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Patch up. Logged into a 8,000 queue. Didn't budge for about 15 minutes so I thought it was busted.

Restarted into a 30,000 queue.

oooooh lawdy

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Best comp for any hero mode I found was Orisa/Bastion/Soldier/Zen

I don't know how that can be done on Legendary on the regular mode with Tracer/Torb/Rein/Mercy