Overwatch

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I still find myself playing this a bunch. If you're good you can still carry a team of average baddies.

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
I still find myself playing this a bunch. If you're good you can still carry a team of average baddies.
Yeah but if you are a pug vs a pre-made, its just a stomp. Really needs a ranked solo queue or a better match making. Matchmaking is a weak spot for Blizzard, just look at how bad HotS MM is.

Tenks

They've published statistics showing the probability that you've ever been all-solo vs 6-man is like 0.50% of games or some shit

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Frequency of premades proabably depends a lot on your MMR. I see familiar names almost every game. Even a 2 or 3 man pre-made can roflstomp a full 6 man random team.

Their stats are misleading btw.

In the beta so far, over 80% of the games played had either all solo queued individuals or a maximum of a two person group. So the majority of games being played do not actually involve "premades".
Also, when it comes to a 6 person team facing off against others, these are what the stats look like:
6 v all individuals: 0.59% of games played in the beta
6 v 2 person group as largest group size: 0.81%
6 v 3: 0.44%
6 v 4: 0.25%
6 v 5: 0.18%
6 v 6: 0.11%
(the numbers for a 5 person premade look about the same)
Even despite what the stats say, we have some plans that will make individuals facing off against "premades" even less likely in upcoming updates. Also, when the population of the game is larger (it's very small right now) this will be even less likely.
From a high level perspective, our goal is to not prevent people from grouping. It's just the opposite. How do we get more people to group, be friends and coordinate. The experience is vastly improved if you play with people you like. We're focusing a lot right now on improving our social systems to enable people to form groups easier as well as make friends (and yes, with a small beta population your friends aren't all in right now -- they will be in early May).
We'll keep working to improve the experience. Sorry it has caused you some frustration.
So about 20% of games include a premade of 3+ people somewhere.
They specifically lumped 2-man premades in with the 100% solo queue and we have no idea how large of a share that is.

I'm betting 2-man premades are very frequent. If 1 person can carry a team, 2 players can do so even better.

Tenks

I see familiar names almost every game.
Thats probably a symptom of there being maybe a few thousand players online at a given time. I've played with the same handful of people constantly. And to the point that also makes it so match making is a complete crapshoot due to not having the population required to support actual good match making. I'm not letting Blizzard off the hook here because it took a really like time for Heroes to even have semi-competent match making but you can't expect completely fair matches when the pool of players is so shallow.

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
They've published statistics showing the probability that you've ever been all-solo vs 6-man is like 0.50% of games or some shit
Not saying its all 6 on the other side, but 3 friends working together with a good comp will shit on pug teams. It was like that in Mechwarrior Online too.

And like Fawe stated, I see lots of the same names over and over in the same groups.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Thats probably a symptom of there being maybe a few thousand players online at a given time. I've played with the same handful of people constantly. And to the point that also makes it so match making is a complete crapshoot due to not having the population required to support actual good match making. I'm not letting Blizzard off the hook here because it took a really like time for Heroes to even have semi-competent match making but you can't expect completely fair matches when the pool of players is so shallow.
This is the main thing. Good matchmaking needs two things: Large active playerbase at any given time and sufficient enough time to actually tier skill levels for said players. On the flipside, though, is you also have to balance that with player attention span. Think about CSGO comp matches where it is searching for 10+ minutes. At some point, you just want to play the damned game and not be spending all your time in a queue.

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
The two most recent brawls were pretty fun. the "arcade" mode where the respawn was reduced to 3 seconds and cooldowns reduced by 200% was a blast. The Soldier 76 brawl was also fun.

I agree that Genji & Hanzo/Mercy & Pharah were not that good. The brawl where you randomly respawn as a class every time you die sucked as well, RNG just shit on teams with duplicate spawns or god awful class make ups that made it super easy for a lucky rolled team to just shit stomp the other.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Why is Tigole and the rest of the dev team a bunch of cucks?

They're removing a tracer victory pose because some SJW whined on the beta thread that it's too sexual and doesn't match her character. Why do companies give into this kind of feedback? it's actually mind blowing to me.

5dKg33L.png

xzi

Mouthbreather
On one hand, I do agree it doesn't feel like the character that is established, but also they are pixels and if it bothers you then you should probably consider suicide.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Blizzard has removed stuff from WoW that made people QQ (The kill 2 dwarves song for Trolls, some of the Draenai /flirts and /funny, etc), so it isn't a surprise.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Are any of these 'weekly brawls' actually fun? every one i've played has been absolutely horrible gameplay. Headshot only mccree where you cant even flashbang, punch them in the head, or right click is hilariously bad gameplay.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Are any of these 'weekly brawls' actually fun? every one i've played has been absolutely horrible gameplay. Headshot only mccree where you cant even flashbang, punch them in the head, or right click is hilariously bad gameplay.
Can't pick up med-kits either. The attacking team should never lose unless terrible

I thought the 76 one was decent

Tenks

I'm really starting to dig on Widowmaker lately. I don't feel she can solo carry as much as some of the other classes I play (Junkrat, S76, Tracer, Reaper) but if your team is semi-competent and isn't just getting steamrolled she can very easily make it so your team takes nothing but lopsided fights. I think her Q is somewhat underrated as well especially if you're in a situation where you don't really know where the team is at or which flank they're coming into your team at.

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
Headshot only mccree where you cant even flashbang, punch them in the head, or right click is hilariously bad gameplay.
Found my new most hated, whoever was behind making the McCree brawl mode is a evil mastermind that hates people, awful.

Dyvim

Why is Tigole and the rest of the dev team a bunch of cucks?

They're removing a tracer victory pose because some SJW whined on the beta thread that it's too sexual and doesn't match her character. Why do companies give into this kind of feedback? it's actually mind blowing to me.

5dKg33L.png
Tigole... i mean Tigole oh such a sweet irony coming from a guy with THAT internet name.