Overwatch

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I've been talking to Blizzard friends lately and the company is really refreshingly open to side projects. You can't work on them at work, or compete against work projects obviously, but a big place allowing you to have your own night/weekend stuff is awesome. They do reserve the right to publish what you make, but it is yours.

That is exceedingly rare these days especially at a big company. I've gotten these restrictions lifted but only through the direst of circumstances. Normally the stuff you sign is like "If you have an idea in the shower on a sunday morning, we own that idea thx"

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So are the digital copies going to be able to play Monday or Tues? They said the servers would be up Monday right?

For all of you whom befriended me on Bnet, you'll have a front row seat to my my meltdown.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
Servers should be up 7EST Monday
rrr_img_134044.jpg

Cybsled

I've been talking to Blizzard friends lately and the company is really refreshingly open to side projects. You can't work on them at work, or compete against work projects obviously, but a big place allowing you to have your own night/weekend stuff is awesome. They do reserve the right to publish what you make, but it is yours.

That is exceedingly rare these days especially at a big company. I've gotten these restrictions lifted but only through the direst of circumstances. Normally the stuff you sign is like "If you have an idea in the shower on a sunday morning, we own that idea thx"
Google does that and they saw great results from it, so not surprising Blizzard is encouraging it.

As for HOTS, it always was a side project. Don't forget originally they just planned on making it a SC2 mode (Blizzard Dota), then it took on a life of its own.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
I don't think you will. They already said there would be almost no changes from open beta to the release client. I'm keeping mine installed.

Bels_sl

shitlord
I'd uninstalled it after the beta and was able to pre-install it tonight - my version is 1.0.4.2.28945H, not sure what y'alls is and whether or not they'll put in a small patch at launch to activate.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
I'd uninstalled it after the beta and was able to pre-install it tonight - my version is 1.0.4.2.28945H, not sure what y'alls is and whether or not they'll put in a small patch at launch to activate.
This is the same version I have, and I didn't uninstall the beta. If it did an update from Open Beta to this version, it was while I was AFK and/or at work.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Question. If I pre-order via Amazon will I get the game prior to release? Been years since I have ordered a physical copy.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Question. If I pre-order via Amazon will I get the game prior to release? Been years since I have ordered a physical copy.
Amazon has for $3.99 release day shipping. The game though is $47.99 if you have Amazon prime, so you're saving 12 bucks right there. Or just wait till Tuesday and not pay for the extra shipping.

$9.99 shipping for collectors edition for release day.