Overwatch

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I dont use USB headset I use astro a40 with mixer and I am down for comp. team games. I like to think those that played with me know my skill level.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not disagreeing with you, but I don't think the goal is to compete at the highest level, against Cloud9 and other pro team, but to be able to have fun reaching whatever rank we can as a group. How well we can do, and how much fun we can have will be highly dependent on what the competitive scene will be like. If let's say Hearthstone is something to go by, competitive will be like ranked play where both casual and pro-teams compete...and there might be a place for us to have fun in, even though we will most likely never achieve really high ranking.

The idea is too see if we can have fun in competitive, if that doesn't happen...there will always be quick play, which might end up being more fun since most hardcore player will be in the competitive mode.
The problem as I outlined is that as you stack bigger teams, ranking becomes harder to achieve. 6 stack is harder than 5 stack is harder than 4 stack etc.

Simply because when there is disorganized play, each single player has a greater impact on the outcome.

If the goal with competitive is to climb as high as possible, playing as 6 will not be ideal.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I've been trying to do a PoTG last night with Reaper where I use my spray(Time to Kill) before doing his ultimate, and then emote(Slow Clapping) at the end.

I only pulled all 3(spay, ult., emote) once but I only killed 2...so it wasn't PotG, it wasn't even my highlight.
frown.png
I've been trying to get fancy and get an emote into a PoTG for a few days now. I don't get PoTG much, rarely play offensive characters.

The other night I'm on Ilios as Lucio, the map with the point on the edge of the map, with lots of places to knock people to their deaths. Knock two guys off on one side, swing around to the other and knock a third off. Figured that was PoTG worthy so did my dance emote. Indeed I did get play of the game.. It showed me dancing, one of the frags as 76 finished falling, and that was it. Didn't get either of the plays, just the emote. Was kinda funny.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The problem as I outlined is that as you stack bigger teams, ranking becomes harder to achieve. 6 stack is harder than 5 stack is harder than 4 stack etc.

Simply because when there is disorganized play, each single player has a greater impact on the outcome.

If the goal with competitive is to climb as high as possible, playing as 6 will not be ideal.
I agree, I find usually that 3-4 seems to be the sweet spot where I get the best win rates.

I guess it depends on what people will want out of competitive. If it's rank at high as possible, then yeah probably group of 3-4 would be best. It also mean not playing with some people who might not be good enough...heck that might be me, and that's fine if that's the goal.

As in Hearthstone ranked, I rarely go under rank 10, usually I am around rank 10-15...it's not that I cannot, I did it a few times just proved to myself that I could, but I didn't have fun...I had to play optimized net decks that I particularly didn't really like. I'm more than happy to rank 10-15 and play decks of my own design and have fun.

So I'm not sure what the extent of what people want out of competitive. I got the feeling the primary goal was to play as a group...and go do our best and hopefully do well enough to have some fun. If the goal is to win at all cost, and turn this into a job...then it's probably not for me. I just think that's not the goal, I could be wrong though.

Intropy

Shit Gamer

My goal is to have as much fun as possible. Personally, I'm finding the game is getting a bit dry just playing it thoughtlessly each night with or without friends. I'm thinking that trying to throw in some extra coordination will give it a bit more depth and make things more fun, even if it means only getting rank Mega-Challenger instead of Ultra-Warlord when it comes to competitive.

Fadaar

That guy
I've found some sick pleasure in Reinhardt charging Mei's while their ice block is active and timing it juuuuuuuuuuust right

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I wouldn't even say fine, he's mostly terrible I find.
He is terrible, which makes it ironic that people jump in with "he's fine" shit thinking they are doing themselves or people who play Hanzo a favor. Way to defend mediocrity! Now go play a better character, unless you're on the other team.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hanzo needs help, but he does provide a certain aspect of defense and offense that cant really be fulfilled by Widow. His ult . I think everyone can agree on that, a good Hanzo player who stays on fire is going to get quite a few ults and that dragon can really affect the game.

Outside of that his ricochet arrow is also something that provides him with a unique edge that Widow cant match, so given his added ability to kill multliple targets he can affect games. Im not pro, so perhaps at the highest levels he is overlooked but the reality is most players arent pro, so the experience your having is much different than theirs. So you will see Hanzos shit ones and good. What Krovvy does with Hanzo is fucking disgusting, saying he is absolutely garbage isnt true IMO>

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Really have not raged about this game much nor do I tend to care about wins and losses, today however I am annoyed. Multiple times today I get put in with a pre-made of 4-5 & no matter what champ I play, I end up getting Gold in Kills, Objective Kills & Objective Time. I also will medal in Damage and will medal in heals if I play Soldier 76. Sounds great right? Wrong!

We get stomped by the other pre-made, like really stomped...super embarrassing losses. What the fuck is with the match making where I keep getting stuck with shitty pre-mades that have no organization or idea how to play objectives? Is it that fucking hard to stand on the point? I think I have won 2 games today and lost a dozen.

How do I know they are pre-mades? I ask in chat and usually 1 of the 4 or 5 will respond. I really wish there was just a SOLO Queue. And I know that eventually I will rotate to the other team assuming everyone stays in-between matches but some how I have not been lucky enough for that to happen with any real consistency.

And for the record I do not think I am Seagull or anything near that level I think I am above average on a few heroes, average on a few others and below average on most.

Sorry, for the negativity.

/end rant

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finally trying to add all the gamer tags from page one.... many need a bulk friend adder. Gave up halfway and just started picking out names I knew.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Just had some fucking piece of shit put a teleporter at the beginning of hollywood when our team was on defense at the last point. Needless to say we lost and my jimmy's were rustled enough to quit playing.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Just had some fucking piece of shit put a teleporter at the beginning of hollywood when our team was on defense at the last point. Needless to say we lost and my jimmy's were rustled enough to quit playing.
Troll Symmetra? You've just given me a reason to play again.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Good golly. I took a break from overwatch for awhile, hop back in tonight to play a few matches and just end up raging. I can't play any of my favorite characters if they have a Torb (like Pharah) because I feel like if I even poke my head around a corner, I am getting destroyed. The best I can hope is to pop back and forth with a ~2 ish rockets to take out a turret but I'm still gonna take a ton of dmg.

Really, really do not understand why they are so accurate and so quick to react. This is in soloq, where likely a group would be better about taking his turrets down, but usually that comes down to me. I don't mind Bastion, though I think his dmg is ridic, but at least he requires human reaction time, and thus I can generally fly around his head and kill him.

Torb turrets are just so dumb. His play style isn't fun, and playing against him isn't fun. Arg.

I'm not an amazing player, but it feels like if there is a Torb, the match changes from "Capture Objective A" to "Kill Torb turret(s), then maybe you can capture if you manage to kill them and some other dudes."

Like blah. I'm fine with it being used to hold a point, but it should be used more to make you be wary of assaulting a point, not feeling like you will get mostly roasted just taking him or his turret out. It should also be used to confirm a kill, not get them all for you.

A cooldown on him being able to place another after one is killed, or it being a "dot" basically; it will only acquire a target occasionally and pepper them - that is on a CD, IE like acquires a target every 10 seconds. Otherwise, it fires on the target Torb is currently attempting to attack.

Cuz fuck taking shots when I just peek to lob a rocket at him.