Pacific Rim: Uprising (2018)

gauze

Molten Core Raider
From my understand the ending was due to studio basically pulling the plug on a show that was not only on a shit time block in Japan, but also just getting poor weekly rating. It wasn't until merchandising and physical release that it got the cult follow. I could be wrong but that was my understanding, it changed a lot of how anime is perceived to a much more mass audience.

The whole Philo religion shit was like new to anime at the introducing of complex ideas that haven't been fully explored. You have shit like Madoka, despite being shitty little Loli magica girls, gets grimdark real fast and the loli is to purely decieve the viewer.

I'm not a fan of Shinji but his introduction as a useless, refusal/forced to pilot, and so forth was just such a new concept because everyone before it, didn't really exist. You have characters like Simon from Gurren Lagann and Renton? From eureka seven who do the same thing but to an almost unbearable sob. Atleast shinji tried to rub one out on a unconscious girl.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not a fan of Shinji but his introduction as a useless, refusal/forced to pilot, and so forth was just such a new concept because everyone before it, didn't really exist. You have characters like Simon from Gurren Lagann and Renton? From eureka seven who do the same thing but to an almost unbearable sob. Atleast shinji tried to rub one out on a unconscious girl.
hey, renton got the girl. his character development was superb.

Eureka Seven is easily 9.5/10 compared to maybe 8/10 Evangelion.

• 1Like

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Come on. There was 15s of actual footage in that clip. The hell can you claim it is awful already? Exaggerate much? The 15s that was shown was fine.

• 1Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider
hey, renton got the girl. his character development was superb.

Eureka Seven is easily 9.5/10 compared to maybe 8/10 Evangelion.

Haha if we were to refer to purely characters, yeah I'd agree. Animation/visuals still go to Anno on this one for me. If Im not mistaking the director for Eureka Seven has been working under Anno for the Eva movies

That arch of whining is just so bad cringey. I just wanted it to end, eurekas glory is their side character. Prob some of the best/well developed one shot side characters. <3anemone

• 1Like

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
As someone who loved the first movie.... that was fucking terrible. John Boyega's Idris Elba impression was pretty decent though.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The designs look like shit.
The music is shit.
Really hope the movie isn't tshi.

• 1Worf

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was that a nike commercial? Nah, too shitty, maybe underarmor.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That was like a shittier, less funny version of the infomercials from Starship Troopers. Or an ad for some Xbox live campaign...

That sucked.

• 1Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I'm hyped still. I feel the mechs have more 'future' innovation in them? Not a fan of the music choice, and I feel through the trailer alone.. you can see the lack of involvement that is Del Toro.

I'm still hoping its some fucking G-Gundam shit w/ Nation v Nation, prob not though.. gonna ride on some kaiju shit x2

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Pacific Rim 2 is when the Angels come. John Boyega is going to have synchronized dance fight then jerk it on his unconscious teammate.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
That was like a shittier, less funny version of the infomercials from Starship Troopers. Or an ad for some Xbox live campaign...

That sucked.

Hmmmm I wonder if that was the point?

Does anyone know the plot of the movie? Are jaegers getting mass produced and marketed to normal citizens or something?

That could be a cool premise.