Pacific Rim: Uprising (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
I will watch it and feel gutted by the fact that ROBOTECH/MACROSS will never be a Live Action Movie because of this crap.
I hope you're right Phazael.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Wasn't Del Toro working on an Eva movie like 15 years ago? I just assumed when that project got canned he took his ideas to Pacific Rim.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
evangelion live action is going to be the worst shit ever made
Would be fun to make a live action including the fucked up ending ahah
But Hollywood would throw out the window the whole philosophical religion aspect though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
My kids loved the first one, I enjoyed it for what it was; a fun action movie.

Will see, probably in the theater in those seats that bounce around because it is fun... for my kids, not me... too old to enjoy that shit...

FUCK NO I love it!

• 2Like

Fadaar

That guy
Would be fun to make a live action including the fucked up ending ahah
But Hollywood would throw out the window the whole philosophical religion aspect though.

Yeah I don't see any possible way Hollywood doesn't take a gigantic shit all over the ending. I don't even know how you could contain everything in a single movie unless you skip out the majority of the angels.

• 2Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I'm going to get thrown out of the theater for loudly yelling at the screen.

SHINJI YOU STUPID BITCH DO SOMETHING NO NOT THAT FUCK

Evangelion actually ruined anime for me forever 15 years ago. I was told that it was the greatest thing I'd ever watch if I was into ninja robots, gore, and sex. I watched every episode of that fucking show and it was trash. Sure, the fights are badass but it is about the only thing I could get myself to care about. The story was just convoluted and stupid and they spent waaaay too much time on it.

TLDR: less story, more giant fucking robot fights please

• 1Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Evangelion actually ruined anime for me forever 15 years ago. I was told that it was the greatest thing I'd ever watch if I was into ninja robots, gore, and sex. I watched every episode of that fucking show and it was trash. Sure, the fights are badass but it is about the only thing I could get myself to care about. The story was just convoluted and stupid and they spent waaaay too much time on it.

autistic nerd virgin animu pillow fucker would say, "2smart4u"

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

I found it to be an uncomfortable watch right from the get go with the unexpected mega blood and super violence. In the end, even when it ran out of money and there started to be scenes of people standing silently in elevators, I still would say I liked it. I didn't really know what to make of The End of Evangelion. I was sorta disappointed that Shinji had character growth in the finale and then went right back to goddamn fucking useless Jesus H. Christ Shinji do fucking something anything fuck for the movie but at the end of the day for all the weirdness and disappointment I'd still say I liked the entirely of Evangelion a lot.

But I'll never watch it again. I'll never, ever throw it on in the background or make a decision to sit and watch it all over. I'm not interested in the relaunch. If they make a live action adaptation I'm not going to watch that either. I'd still recommend the series to someone that hasn't seen it before but I'm out.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
I'd have to agree, I watched it either when I was in late middle school or early high school (started HS in fall '00) and while I liked it, I don't think I fully grasped everything it was going for. That being said, I still don't want to re-watch it even if it would help me understand everything that went on a little better. There's a few anime out there that I'll regularly pop on an episode or two for shits and giggles, especially Cowboy Bebop. Marathoned Outlaw Star not too long ago after having not seen it since it aired on Cartoon Network forever ago. Still holds up pretty well IMO.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
autistic nerd virgin animu pillow fucker would say, "2smart4u"

No doubt. Maybe it was the Evangelion fanbois that made me hate it so much rather than the show itself. All I know is I'll be damned if I let anyone tell me how great it is these days.

I found it to be an uncomfortable watch right from the get go with the unexpected mega blood and super violence. In the end, even when it ran out of money and there started to be scenes of people standing silently in elevators, I still would say I liked it. I didn't really know what to make of The End of Evangelion. I was sorta disappointed that Shinji had character growth in the finale and then went right back to goddamn fucking useless Jesus H. Christ Shinji do fucking something anything fuck for the movie but at the end of the day for all the weirdness and disappointment I'd still say I liked the entirely of Evangelion a lot.

But I'll never watch it again. I'll never, ever throw it on in the background or make a decision to sit and watch it all over. I'm not interested in the relaunch. If they make a live action adaptation I'm not going to watch that either. I'd still recommend the series to someone that hasn't seen it before but I'm out.

Maybe I hated it because I wanted it to be apocalyptic with amazing ninja robots and it only half delivered. The other half was just more than I was willing to deal with in fucking anime. I came to anime for the fighting and the tits, not for deep philosophical meaning. At least my boy Ninja Scroll never lets me down.

• 1Like

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I doubt Anno would let go of Eva so easily, gainax would have to rip it from him. They wouldn't do that until he atleast finished the movies.

Never understood the hate for Eva. I thought it was relatively nice, despite being a bitch, having a character who is the absolute opposite of gungho and experiences the trauma. It was atleast the first or amongst to do that, most before it was God complex of like amuro/char fantasies. Plus hands down some of the better mech designs, though not being fully mechanical but bio mech. For its time it definitely introduced a lot of themes absent from the era.

Plus Hideaki Anno is a pretty coolguy.

• 1Like

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
When i watched it 1st time (9-10 years old), i only cared about the fights. Sometimes i got shocked for how violent it was (eva01 going berserk e.g.).
The fucked up mambo jambo philosophical religious schlock i really didn't understand or try to.
Although, Shinji's pussy attitude always got on my nerve. Fuck......what a pointless character, everyone had to do everything for him, even encourage him to fucking move.

Years later, watched it again and....i even was more confused lol Trying to get my head around every detail of the story, still is pretty difficult for me. The ending was the biggest mindfuck i have ever seen. There are stories saying the series' creator, Hideaki Anno, got depressed and the result were those 2 last episodes.

• 1Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought End of Eva was supposed to replace the last two episodes?

• 1Like