Pacific Rim: Uprising (2018)

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Bro, we're not getting another Hellboy. Perlman is old, the studios are not interested, and del Toro has a fuckton of other projects in the wings.

Maybe, if we're lucky, Crimson Peak does well enough to get Mountains of Madness back on the table. But I doubt it, because people are stupid and they like bullshit movies for assholes.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
To make At the Mountains of Madness correctly, I'm gonna take a half ass guess and say you'd probably need 50 mil to even begin to think about it. Then again, 50 mil to design the sets alone might be more correct.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Del Toro wanted 150 mill, and that was years ago. 50 mill these days won't get you that far.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hellboy is a single coherent story from start to finish, across all its books. BPRD included, just fyi. Particularly now, as things are wrapping up, its pulling in alot of things that have happened before.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
The first Pacific Rim was an absolutely horrible movie, but it was still a really fun watch. Much like Jurassic World. That's kind of how I view it. I wasn't watching this hoping Idris Elba was going to win best supporting actor or anything.

Devlin

Golden Squire
It wasn't amazing but it was pretty cool nonetheless.

I'm happy to watch 90% of the movies he makes, he's made a couple of awesome films and a genuine classic.

His overwhelming strength is Gothic horror so I get why people want In the Mountains of Madness. Crimson Peaks looks fantastic too.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
The first Pacific Rim was an absolutely horrible movie, but it was still a really fun watch. Much like Jurassic World. That's kind of how I view it. I wasn't watching this hoping Idris Elba was going to win best supporting actor or anything.
Why was it a horrible movie if it was really fun to watch? That was the whole fucking point. Not all movies are made to win awards. This one was made to be fun and campy. It succeeded entirely in its intended goal.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Pacific Rim is horrible b/c it follows the Transformers/Godzilla Trope. Only the monster/robot fights are interesting/cool everything else is pretty pathetic. I mean there are a few exceptions. (Idris Elba/Brian Cranston) But they aren't the leads. I mean ask yourself, if you would rather watch Pacific Rim in it's entirety, Or a special edition cut w/ only the robot parts + 10mins of Idris Elba?
yea,
thats not a good movie.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I agree and specifically take issue with a movie when the problems are in dialogue, editing and writing.

None of the problems needed more money, they just needed intelligent people to go "wait a minute, we have to rethink this scene because it doesn't really make sense why they would use a ship as an improvised weapon BEFORE the sword."

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree and specifically take issue with a movie when the problems are in dialogue, editing and writing.

None of the problems needed more money, they just needed intelligent people to go "wait a minute, we have to rethink this scene because it doesn't really make sense why they would use a ship as an improvised weapon BEFORE the sword."
Because the monsters have already shown that each successive generation adapts to counter the weapons they've been thwarted with previously, so you don't want to show them something before it's necessary.

The movie is without fault.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

If only these successful, proven professional talents had access to the deep well of thoughtful analysis and critique known as "The Internet" this movie and by extension all entertainment would be without flaw. WITHOUT.

Then what would you miserable people nitpick?

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Yeah super pumped for him as a director breaking into big movies. Hopefully this means he will start getting some big movies. Spartacus and Daredevil are 2 of the best action/drama shows on tv.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
jZOM6LH.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users