Pacific Rim: Uprising (2018)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
holy shit, put a fucking bullet in your head now
=(

but seriously. I loved that they didn't try to hammer in some retarded love story. not a single person watching this said to themselves that it would have been a better movie if it had an extended love story. people THINK it's a love story because it's a guy and a girl and so they HAVE TO FALL IN LOVE! no. they don't. get that out of my kaiju film.

cinema has conditioned people to think that the leading male and the leading female have to end up together no matter what. it's a foregone conclusion and more often than not it doesn't even make sense. the relationship only happens because the plot deemed it so. it's stupid. so sue me if i'm excited about an honest to God friendship between a male and a female.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Every animated sequel adds a love interest for additional character(s). So that starts creeping into regular movies as well.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I loved that in pulp fiction that after all that happened after vince vega and mia wallace's date they didnt end up fucking, but with a handshake. Its unexpected shit like that is why i love tarentino's 90s films so much

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I loved that in pulp fiction that after all that happened after vince vega and mia wallace's date they didnt end up fucking, but with a handshake. Its unexpected shit like that is why i love tarentino's 90s films so much
I don't know why you get so much hate on these boards. you seem like such a sensible guy

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah but if she hadn't ODd, they probably would have banged. I doubt either one much felt like it after all the shenanigans.

Cybsled

Fuck cast iron, I like ceramic cookware because it is non-stick and you don't get that same degradation you get with the teflon-variety crap.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't know why you get so much hate on these boards. you seem like such a sensible guy
i am, i just get sidetracked sometimes or if i say something inaccurate or contrary to the rerolled hivemind i usually get chewed up pretty well here. comes with the territory when posting so much, shit is liable to fly out that will piss somebody off.

@chaos
it could easily have turned into romance, look at titanic, chick almost kills herself, but is saved by a hobo and then immediately and utterly falls in love with said hobo.

@cybsled
i never cooked with ceramic, but i hear it can break easily if dropped or knocked around with your other pots. cast iron is pretty indestructible, nonstick if treated right and will last several lifetimes.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
=(

but seriously. I loved that they didn't try to hammer in some retarded love story. not a single person watching this said to themselves that it would have been a better movie if it had an extended love story. people THINK it's a love story because it's a guy and a girl and so they HAVE TO FALL IN LOVE! no. they don't. get that out of my kaiju film.

cinema has conditioned people to think that the leading male and the leading female have to end up together no matter what. it's a foregone conclusion and more often than not it doesn't even make sense. the relationship only happens because the plot deemed it so. it's stupid. so sue me if i'm excited about an honest to God friendship between a male and a female.
Well, I think this is one case where the movies probably get it right, even if on accident. If I saved the world with another human being, just us, all that work, near death, all that shit they have in movies, I sure as hell would be banging whomever.my partner was. Everyone would. Your brain would have paired your life to hers as eternal soulmates, chemically, from all that shit. You'd be banging Shelly and declaring your love for her on National television for all the world to hear.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I was disappointed enough in the first Pacific Rim that the only way i'm watching part 2 is if they rename it Pacific Rimjob 2 and have a special theater with employees tongueing buttholes of people while they view the film.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Crunchyroll - Animated Series May Be Animated in Japan
?We are right now in the middle of talking and negotiating with a few Japanese companies for the animation. We are talking to a couple of showrunners that have a strong animation background, [we?re] casting the writers room. What?s great is it?s a great set-up and a link between the first movie and the second movie. It really enhances the mythology of the characters; we have cameos of characters from the first movie, but mostly it?s a new set of characters. New jaegers, except for one or two, [and] new kaijus. It?s really fun.?

?We?re going for a long arc, so the idea is to show a group of characters?we have pilots, functional jaegers, but we have all these younger characters. I really want to explore things that are complimentary to the things that I want to explore in the second movie: drift, what drifting does to you, what is needed to drift, a lot of stuff that I think is important, but also the jaeger technology, the kaijus being evolved, ideas about the precursors?the guys that control the kaijus. We have a lot of leeway in 13 episodes and I wanna make it sort of in the same spirit of Pacific Rim, which is the ideal audience for Pacific Rim was young?very young, 11-year-olds and so forth?but with really beautiful design and stories that make these characters interesting in a way that I found them interesting in, for example, Year Zero, the graphic novel that we did. And I think that?s the basic thrust of the thing.?

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Like most Kubrick projects, he was so strung out on blow by the end that the last part of the movie turned into a giant acid trip. This is pretty much the pattern for all of his movies over the years. Even his best movie (Full Metal Jacket) ended on kind of a weird low note compared to the rest of the movie.
How dare you say a movie ending with music is wierd... How dare u sir!!

Lusiphur

Peasant
The ending of Full Metal Jacket is deliberately absurdist. Here they are, walking through a war-torn shell of a city singing a song from America's most visible export of sunshine and rainbows. The irony was dripping off it. I thought it was the perfect ending to a somewhat disjointed film.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was more referring to the whole fragging the sniper part, where after the entire rest of the movie is outdoor camera mostly daytime shot with minimal score, this one scene is dark indoor and has this creepy vibe music going on in the background score. The content of the scene fit the rest of the movie, but the way it was shot and scored was completely different. The end song was indeed perfect, however.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Hollywood Gorilla Warfare: It's Universal vs. Legendary Over 'Kong: Skull Island' (and Who Says ) - Hollywood Reporter
Legendary wanted to produce a sequel to del Toro's Pacific Rim, which was made under the Warners deal and turned into one of those films that grosses a lot ($411 million worldwide) while being so costly that a follow-up isn't a sure thing. Sources say Legendary liked that the original performed exceptionally well in China, where the company is heavily invested, but for now the project ? which had been ramping up to make a release date in August 2017 ? has been halted indefinitely and will be pushed back (if it gets made at all).
rrr_img_109924.jpg