Pacific Rim: Uprising (2018)

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Legendary wanted to produce a sequel to del Toro's Pacific Rim, which was made under the Warners deal and turned into one of those films that grosses a lot ($411 million worldwide) while being so costly that a follow-up isn't a sure thing. Sources say Legendary liked that the original performed exceptionally well in China, where the company is heavily invested, but for now the project - which had been ramping up to make a release date in August 2017 - has been halted indefinitely and will be pushed back (if it gets made at all).
Today. Today... at the edge of our hope, at the end of our time, we have chosen not only to believe in ourselves, but in each other. Today there is not a man nor woman in here that shall stand alone. Not today. Today we face the monsters that are at our door, and bring the fight to them. Today, we are canceling the apocalypse!

khorum

Murder Apologist
Hollywood Gorilla Warfare: It??Ts Universal vs. Legendary Over ??~Kong: Skull Island??T (and Who Says ) - Hollywood Reporter

rrr_img_109924.jpg
He's like a mexican GRRM!

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So they (probably) cancelled this to make another King Kong movie? At least one is an iconic Hollywood thing, I guess...

Sevens

Log Wizard
ok lets go over what some people did not like about it.

too dark? thats up for debate, i was able to see the action just fine.

characters too one dimensional or corny? this i will agree with, each team from different countries acted like stereotypes, but while i agree with that, i did not care how cliche some of them were because i was there to see giant robots vs giant monsters. as a kid growing up on voltron , G-force and the Shogun warriors, pacific rim followed the same basic tragic backstories of characters which brought them to the team. maybe you guys are used to more in depth storylines between the human counterparts, but when i was little and probably del toro too, the main focus of those cartoons was never the humans, but the monster attack and the teamwork involved by the humans working together with the robot/ship to defeat it.

people dont like that the jaegers had weapons or tactics that they waited til the end to use instead of doing it in the first place? well it would not make for a very entertaining movie if the jaeger just sat at the opening and sliced and diced kaijus as they popped out.

if anyone else has a complaint i have not covered, i would like to hear it.
How about the simple fact that they actually thought a wall would keep these things out? Really? a fucking wall? This movie was a retarded piece of shit which really disappointed me as Pans Labyrinth is one of my favorite movies.

Caliane

Except he gets shit done.
except... he doesnt?
Pac rim 2 canceled.
THQ game Insane. Canceled.
Silent hill game canceled.
Justice League dark canceled.
at the mountains of madness canceled.

few others too.
I don't know, I guess he just takes on too much.

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
I've heard rumors it's because some big wig I think with Legendary pictures was taking all the credit for the movies success because he chose to fund it and that didn't set well with alot of people.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
except... he doesnt?
Pac rim 2 canceled.
THQ game Insane. Canceled.
Silent hill game canceled.
Justice League dark canceled.
at the mountains of madness canceled.

few others too.
I don't know, I guess he just takes on too much.
So sinceeverythinghe says he wants to do doesn't get done that makes him comparable to GRRM?

Pacific Rim 2 - not really his fault they won't put up the money to get it made in a timely fashion
Insane - Not his fault. From wikipedia: "With THQ in the midst of attempting a financial turnaround, the change isn't surprising. The project was the baby of former executive VP of core games (and once Hollywood scribe) Danny Bilson. He is no longer with THQ."
Silent Hills - Not his fault either. From geek.com: "..the game was cancelled, in part because Konami is shifting its main focus from console games to mobile ones. One of the reasons for this shift comes from the fact that sales of video games for the company have declined at the same time other areas of the company have increased profits. Basically, it would see Konami doesn't really care as much about its video games division as it used to."
Justice League Dark - He dropped it because he was forced to choose by the studio: "Warners liked the script, they were very enthusiastic and wanted to green-light it but they wanted it to coincide with the shoot of Pacific Rim 2. I was put in a very difficult place facing a difficult choice, and I chose to do Pacific Rim 2."
At The Mountains of Maddness - He chose to shut ATMOM down when the studio said they wouldn't fund a R-rated version of the movie and he refused to scale back the horror. For that, he is a fucking hero.

GRRM can't finish the one thing people care about and keeps taking on additional projects as an excuse. Del Toro delivers shit people want as often as possible.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
He was smart enough to get out of the Hobbit movies . . . think of those early lifeboats leaving the Titanic

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
First one was pure shit. Easily the worst movie he has ever made. I am glad this one got killed in the crib.

Hellboy 3 while Perlman is still young enough to do it, you fuck stick.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First one was pure shit. Easily the worst movie he has ever made. I am glad this one got killed in the crib.

Hellboy 3 while Perlman is still young enough to do it, you fuck stick.
The first half of your post proves you are a gay fucknuckle. The second half proves you are a wise and sane gay fucknuckle.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
How could you hate on Pacific Rim 1? It was just an unabashedly fun movie.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Quoting myself to answer the question put to me. Lithose did a far better job deconstructing this turd than I could.

Will there be less pedo emo drama and more actual giant fucking robots fighting, preferably not in the rain this time? Will they perfect their magical nuclear bomb technology that creates air under water?

Every time I see the first one on cable it just reinforces how shitty it was and how pissed I am that we didn't get another Hellboy movie, instead.