Palworld (Pokemon with Guns and Bukkake, minus the Bukkake)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
We found the guy who has probably been DMing Nintendo to do something!
Hardly, Palworld is great and Pokemon has been shit for years. But there's a pretty big difference between 'ok how many different ways can we monsterize a hermit crab' and 'hey take the models from that 25 year old world renowned game franchise and change them enough so that we cant be sued but its still obvious what they are based on'

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PalWorld is an obvious ripoff. People spending hours comparing models are autistic retards.

And yet it’s more fun than anything Pokemon has ever done.

This. So weird. Just who cares, play the game because its fun, get your 60-100 hours in and maybe check back later after some major updates. If Nitendo cared, this would of never made it into EA.

The AI is the only reason I can't call this game amazing and other silly things like GOTY(just lol). Assigning pals can be downright frustrating at times. Nothing else around, just a breeding pen and just a constant "No work in immediate area" and they go off to do random shit. Or if you do assign it, they still wander off sometimes to do other shit. I think sleep, eating or maybe getting in hot springs bugs it also(I got assigned, come back 20 minutes later to it mining instead). I tried to breed today, threw the damn thing 15-20 times from all angles, put it back in and out. Restarted the game. Eventually it just worked out of the blue after I got mad and left to go explore instead and came back to try. Also getting the pick up option for them can be weird if they are mid job somewhere. Have to put them in box and out again, to be able to grab.

As much fun as throwing them at things to make them work is, I would rather just have UI with a drop down to assign. Along with a priority list for the base's random workers.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This game has no replayable end game at the moment, but hitting 50 then capturing all the legends will take the casual gamer an easy 100-200 hours. You can then min max through breeding for funsies which can add an easy 1-2 hours minimum for min maxed mob via breeding if you dont gimp incubator settings.

If they add an infinite gauntlet or arena it will help a ton.
I've found breeding to be incredibly difficult and if you're trying to min max it it's going to take way longer. Even with egg timer turned to 0, it's still decently long to wait for them to make an egg. But getting 4 skills? Good fucking luck.

Also, regarding the breeding pen, I've noticed if I fast travel is when it gets fucky. Fast traveling away and back again seems to occasionally fix it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
4 of us on my server with a normal timer incubator have been working on 4 gold mobs. My personal creation took a lot of breeding, but eventually pulled it off:

1706494405905.png

He's one badass Digtoise. I'm currently working on the same version of an Ice Reptyro. We've also got several Legend/Musclehead/Swift/Runner mounts. It's the most fun part of the game, but then it becomes a weird mini game of cake-making and pen wrangling with pure RNG.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My base is cursed. The top floor sometimes destroys stuff, inclduing these incubators just a few seconds ago. I think I'm going to drop to 2 floors.

1706498979596.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Icarus over here meanwhile I only have two roof panels to be able to build a bed.
The homeless encampment base is probably GOAT. Even with the 8 ore nodes and 5 coal nodes in my base I bet the pathing would be better with everything shoved inbetween the nodes instead of building a large building. I think tomorrow I'm going to move as much as possible out of my building.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
PalWorld is an obvious ripoff. People spending hours comparing models are autistic retards.

And yet it’s more fun than anything Pokemon has ever done.

It's amazing, it's Ark for kids. Not throwing shade at all.

They took known good game models and made a game with them and it's doing well. Game isn't even in a release state and it's doing better than released games from AAA studios.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
It's amazing, it's Ark for kids. Not throwing shade at all.

They took known good game models and made a game with them and it's doing well. Game isn't even in a release state and it's doing better than released games from AAA studios.

I played Ark and couldn’t get into it. The progression in this game is just perfect.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I played Ark and couldn’t get into it. The progression in this game is just perfect.

Same fuckin boat. I played a LITTLE. This has me wanting to install to play on the side because I've been playing this with the family.

Points for the fact that my kids are now asking me if I'm gunna capture more people to turn into slaves, which I haven't done...only laughed at with some buddies.

Waitin on the call from school about how my kid is talking about making people slaves...LOL

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
There's not a lot of endgame in general once you get there.

The way the leveling scaling works in terms of actually doing damage to things makes all the lategame bosses a raw level/stat check, which means you just need to fly around with 500 red balls catching 10 of every shitter pokemon that is under level 25.

It's pretty mindlessly grindy for no particular reason, and even then beating the tower bosses doesn't even do anything - they don't drop any unique items, or their pokemon, and you don't need the tech points from them at all.

We'll see in a few months or whatever what they can end up doing with the endgame, cause everything right up until level 40 or so is an absolute blast.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It feels like exp falls off a cliff at level 36+

Really? Its been pretty steady for me. Just chain capturing everything the 10 times. And because the capturing scales to your level, you can capture a level 1 or a level 45 and get the same exp. Incubating eggs also gives you exp, whether that's ones found in the wild or bred. But I also have my eggs set to zero, so no timer to wait for. Bring back 10 eggs and hatch them all in a minute or 2.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Any chance this would be enjoyable for someone who knows nothing about Pokemon, really doesn't like anime, and is too lazy to watch a twitch stream?

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Sure. I'm enjoying it, and I've never played a pokemon game before. Theres no story at all yet, so zero anime tropes.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I've never played a pokemon either, or Ark. It is like Conan for me which I have 2600 hours in.

I'm not doing any of that 10 capture stuff, just exploring, looking for dungeons, and beating up bosses on the map. I'm only 27 or so but in any hurry to level.

I had captured a tocotoco and sent it after a pair of Mossanda. This is actually on the way down. Couldn't believe how high it blew that thing :emoji_laughing:
20240128225527_1.jpg

I think in a level or two I can finally make Pistol ammo so I can stop carrying around this heavy musket. I put no points in carry so I'm ready to get rid of it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It feels like exp falls off a cliff at level 36+
I've gotten some 90% of my experience from the capturing pokemon I don't have ten of and it seems pretty steady to where I'm at at level 41 or so. The XP bonus from capturing new pokemon scale with your level, but I don't know if it's a linear relationship.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Any chance this would be enjoyable for someone who knows nothing about Pokemon, really doesn't like anime, and is too lazy to watch a twitch stream?

I don’t care about Pokemon, only kind of like anime, and don’t watch Twitch apart from what gets posted on this forum. And I love this game.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
yes there's a chance.

Have you played any base building RPG games before? Minecraft, Ark, Kenshi, Rimworld etc?