Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

iannis

Musty Nester
So I heard that Ut literally went insane but I kinda don't feel like wading through to find it.

GG Brad, that's probably worth ten bucks.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
its funny that just a month or two ago a lot of people in this thread was saying "where is the kickstarter already?" but now people are saying the kickstarter looks rushed

Niedar_sl

shitlord
its funny that just a month or two ago a lot of people in this thread was saying "where is the kickstarter already?" but now people are saying the kickstarter looks rushed
Probably because they haven't actually been working on anything. Part of the problem is that people were wanting information about the game and were told wait for the kickstarter for months and all will be revealed. Turns out that was complete bullshit.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
again, i'm not sure what people were expecting. the basics are there. how much detail can there be for a game that i believe isn't planned on being released until 2017?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Come on some common fucking sense helps out here. People being hyped up is a good thing hearing Bard McQuaid is going to release a kickstarter is exciting news so of course people would clamor for it. Then when you are presented with nothing of substance followed by a fair bit of miscommunication how can you not feel like it was premature? Maybe everyone here is wrong and this is the greatest kickstarter ever and for a team working since September we should be impressed?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I feel like I could sit down tomorrow and design an MMO that is more fleshed out and informative than everything released about Pantheon. Given that Brad claims they've been working on this since September there's obviously a huge gap between what people expected was done and what was actually done.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
"expected something that doesn't suck"

we're a bunch of old cynical neckbeards though. don't we think everything sucks?

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Gogo btw I admire your restraint over on PJ , I'm surprised they didn't rise up against you with your worry about the kickstarter getting funded first post.

Also I wish I had caught this while it was going on. This is also an example of how to do a KS site.

Project Eternity by Obsidian Entertainment Kickstarter

Video where the folks actually seem like they look forward to making the game , physical swag , so on.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
my favorite gogojira moment was when he was on this Eqn webcast with these two fanboys like two weeks after soe live and they were so excited and gogojira not only crushed them with bitter cynicism trademark of rerolled, but used more profanity than those two combined in the process, good stuff.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
"expected something that doesn't suck"

we're a bunch of old cynical neckbeards though. don't we think everything sucks?
Are you fucking serious? When a guy egotistical enough to brag about his 20+ years making iconic games like Everquest and blah blah, you would think simple shit like a business plan and/or an outline of what it would take to make this game would be the bare fucking minimum of shit to provide. That's not even touching on the glaring omissions of things like

Game engine information
Planned system specs
Core game mechanics
Basic Character Design
Basic World Design
Basic Lore
Concept Art
UI design

simple questions on topics like Instancing, Raiding, Group size, Death Penalties, Item Design, Rarity, Solo-ability, Class Uniqueness, and on and on have had to of gone through this guys head at least a few times over the last 20 years. Hopefully enough that he has strong enough feelings and convictions to know what he wants out of his own game. For fucks sake most of us have thought about and have opinions on what we would like and could answer these questions in more detail and we aren't even designing a goddamn game. Had I spent the last 5 or 6 months working on one with a team I would have at least fleshed out some details. I would imagine if you worked for a gaming company and your boss gave you 5 months to plan something out you would have at least a few things together wouldn't you?