Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Merlin_sl

shitlord
This it still runs like shit with 6 core I-7, 2x toxic 7970 Ghz edition (the ones with 6 gig of vram) and I put the whole fucking thing on 32 gig RAM disk still runs like ass...
That's such bullshit. Honestly. Does it hitch? Yes. Other then that, what are your issues? Because I only have two. It hitches, and the server is a graveyard.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
If that's how it is, then the game is going to be totally awesome.
That's what it sounds like. Colors of Magic associated with abilities, and you have to have that color available to use:

For instance, abilities all have a color influence based on their magical school and adding an ability to a set may require an ability of a certain color before it can be slotted.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
In general the classes of EverQuest kept their identities which made for varied memorable experiences as players took on challenges in different ways. It is these moments that have driven our class and combat designs. Here is a list of the roles that will exist in Pantheon.

Tank: Tanks are the defenders of their groups. When it comes to taking damage they do it like no other. If a group mate is in trouble, tanks are there to attract the attention of their foes with a timely shield bash or a quick snap of their blade. They care not for the glory of highest damage only that the members of their group survives long enough to tell the tale.

Healer: Feeling ill and need a pick me up? That is what a healer does. From buffing your health and curing a deadly disease to stitching up those 'flesh wounds' this role is the cog that keeps the group machine rolling through its enemies like a steam train.

DPS: Adept at dealing death, those classes that fit in the DPS role are revered for their ability to execute both burst and sustained damage. Not big fans of taking damage, DPS classes leave the job of tanking to the tanks so they can focus on what they do best...crush their enemies and you know the rest.

Utility: While tanks can take damage and healers can help recover that damage sometimes the situation can get out of control. When this happens you may need some crowd control, or maybe a haste buff or two, maybe someone can sing a merry tune. The utility role includes the classes that don't care about doing big damage or making a mob angry at them, these classes enjoy managing the chaos that comes with a fight. They enjoy manipulating all of the variables that can affect the outcome of things, as if they were playing a grand piano. In this sense I guess you could say the utility class is the maestro of their group.
So we have 7 base classes with 14 paths. I haven't had time to separate roles but we can do that once everything is announced.

We know we are going to have a Tank, Healer, DPS, and assuming CC (?). Brad calls this utility. I'm assuming this is going to also include slowing. I'm just hoping this isn't some type of banner carrying, odd ball class. It seems open to a lot of things. Would like to see a little more specifics on this as my mind is all over the place on it.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That's such bullshit. Honestly. Does it hitch? Yes. Other then that, what are your issues? Because I only have two. It hitches, and the server is a graveyard.
I'm not saying I didn't get the motherfucker to run no I got it to run flawlessly by the pure brute force of my machine I saying it used alot of system resources to get it to run that way hence it ran like shit.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
That's true, but EQ1 spells were color coded and I never felt it was "Magic: The Gathering"-like.
But this does to me:
Abilities in Pantheon are very special. Each ability was used by a powerful hero. These heroes are no longer around but their essence imbues the world of Terminus. When harnessed, these abilities can be used in many combinations with other abilities.There are two types of abilities regular and enhanced. Regular abilities are the common abilities that will be executed more frequently. Enhanced abilities must be powered up through the use of regular abilities.

Regular abilities are all defined with a color and power level, on top of what they do. The color represents the magical influence of the hero. Power level represents how powerful that ability is relative to other abilities.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
This it still runs like shit with 6 core I-7, 2x toxic 7970 Ghz edition (the ones with 6 gig of vram) and I put the whole fucking thing on 32 gig RAM disk still runs like ass...
For most of vanguards life i played on an intel core2duo e8500 running around 3.75GHZ, 2 different video card setups. Launch ( 2X 8800GTS ) , then moved to a single GTX570. Built a new machine a couple years ago intel Quadcore 950 @ 4GHZ with a GTX670.

always got over 60 FPS everywhere unless I am raiding then it is in the 40s. Hitching went away when I got an SSD although i think for f2p they fucked things up again because, i notice they stream in the world around you almost delayed, where as it was different ( and better for good systems ) in the old days.

Before I had an SSD i ran with about a 2GB ramdrive ( loading the most accessed stuff in there ) and the game ran near flawlessly.

I think you either had a system issue, are trolling or have selective memory.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They are adding skill chains think Chrono Trigger or FFXI's Renkie, that was one of the more innovative things to come out of FFXI that I really loved, that and the way the handled the class system. Basically, certain combination of skills compliment others and when cast in order or at the same time give a stronger effect. Can't really find a great example.

Column_sl

shitlord
I hate all that shit.

Can we have one game were they aren't trying to re invent the wheel again??? sounds like the same bullshit they tried with Vanguard.

Just make classes with set skills/spells. No fucking choices, and roll with that shit. Let the players create new possibilities that the devs didn't think of like they did in EQ.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Only thing that concerns me about these announcements now that I have thought a little about their combat update is their ability to execute. We are essentially getting pieces of their design doc sat hey feel good about it. Not trying to deter anyone from donating but so much can change, so much can not happen, and I hate the fact that with each update we cannot receive an accompanying in-game screenshot or anything that would further solidify what they are trying to do.

I understand they are not there yet but personally, I actually become more uncomfortable giving the more I know simply because I'm not sure this group can execute. In fairness to Brad, I don't know what he could do to change that as it is probably just the way I personally feel.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I hate all that shit.

Can we have one game were they aren't trying to re invent the wheel again??? sounds like the same bullshit they tried with Vanguard.

Just make classes with set skills/spells. No fucking choices, and roll with that shit. Let the players create new possibilities that they devs didn't think of like they did in EQ.
here, let me give you an EQ1 example of this.

The Enchanter casts Fear
The Druid casts Snare
The Rogue backstabs the fleeing mob

omg a simplified skill chain. don't freak out.