Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Arctic_Slicer_sl

shitlord
I've given them hell in many ways for the terrible handling of the KS , but this was a smart move on their part , one of the first ones really in regards to the KS. It should have been much earlier though.

But if you are bitching at them for putting these add-ons up it means you don't believe in Kickstarter projects at all. This is exactly the kind of thing other games on KS have done and the entire point of the KS is to get as much money as possible per backer.
Quoted for truth.

Their Kickstarter page must be at least 300% better than it was 2 weeks ago. With these changes and more interviews coming I hope that we'll start seeing the momentum this project needs to succeed.

Sentien_sl

shitlord
Do you think the wand of random illlusions is the same illusion clickie that is mentioned in the chart for $45+ backers? Or do you think that the backer illusion is different? The biggest issue is still lack of clarity on their part.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
$10 - Custom Title - Want to be a known as a 'Sir' or 'Master of all Things Pantheon'? Why not do it with a stylish custom title? (subject to dev approval)

I wonder how many interesting ones get slipped past the dev approval on this one.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I got a question for these additions. Who the fuck is going to sort out all that mess when all is done.

Lets say I donate an extra $35 but I want the $10 and the $25 add on. Now multiply this by 1000 idiots.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
$10 - Custom Title - Want to be a known as a ?Sir? or ?Master of all Things Pantheon?? Why not do it with a stylish custom title? (subject to dev approval)

I wonder how many interesting ones get slipped past the dev approval on this one.
Big Poppa Pump Flex the PvPaladin III <Swole Patrol>

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Right, so you bring up an example for something you never experienced. If there was anything like a GW2 cash shop in Pantheon, it would be terrible. I swear half of GW2 dev time is spent on doing things to make the cash shop more attractive.

DickTrickle

Quoted for truth.

Their Kickstarter page must be at least 300% better than it was 2 weeks ago. With these changes and more interviews coming I hope that we'll start seeing the momentum this project needs to succeed.
Man, you true believers are amazing. But yeah, the page is a lot better than it used to be.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
I got a question for these additions. Who the fuck is going to sort out all that mess when all is done.

Lets say I donate an extra $35 but I want the $10 and the $25 add on. Now multiply this by 1000 idiots.
They just send you a survey and ask you for which items you did you donate the extra money. It's pretty simple actually; I have seen it in at least 7-8 KS I have backed.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord

Basically at the end of it you get an email saying you qualify for 35.00 worth of add-ons with a checklist to reply back which ones you want.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Man, you true believers are amazing. But yeah, the page is a lot better than it used to be.
After reading this shit for 150+ pages, come the fuck on. Do you and BoozeTrickle play paper/rock/penis best of 7 to see who is going shit-post next? For fuck's sake man, develop a gag reflex and STFU after a couple of troll posts at least if you can't really help yourself.

Aradune_sl

shitlord
I will do my best to answer, and don't get me wrong I certainly don't expect everyone to agree with me. I disagree that the two things are inseparable, it might seem like a subtle difference to you funding Pantheon or funding Visionary Realms, Inc. and while at first glance they might seem like the same thing but that's fundamentally two different things you are selling. Of course he knows if he came out and said hey fund Visionary Realms, Inc. so we can quit our day jobs and make a video games he wouldn't get the same support. It isn't fair to the people who overlook it and get taken advantage of from it.

It's this kind of double speak that makes me feel the way I do, first he talks about how crowd-sourcing is awesome and through the power of the fans he can make the game he wants instead of dealing with corporate but when it gets down to it feels like he is using people to show proof of concept and interest and feels like a gaming company will be happy if fans subsidize part of the game for them. Of course this is great from an investor angle or a company angle, but not so great from the fans who were treated as suckers angle.

I do believe that Brad is trying to make this game, I do believe that he is giving it all he can, that still doesn't make it honest. I like some of the concepts and ideas and I would love to see a good MMO that we can all play come from this but how can you in good conscience feel like this game will be made with the quality of work that he has shown. Sure the ideas are great on paper but the moment it goes beyond paper it always falls apart with this guy, and some times even when it's still on paper it isn't great.

I keep reading well they are just starting and it's a kickstater and they have day jobs you can't expect more. Bullshit, you should expect more, not just of Brad but of anyone, good enough shouldn't cut it.

Are you discounting Kickstarter because it's a crowdsourcing tool? It might be small donations from various people, but the presentation shouldn't be any different than if you were asking a bank for a loan, or sitting in front of a group of angel investors, or pitching the idea to a gaming company. In any other format other than kickstarter do you really feel that they deserve $800k? Would any of the other options I listed take that risk? Kickstarter is a wonderful tool for giving everyone an opportunity, you can use it, I could, anyone here could, and that's what makes it amazing. So when someone with a fair bit of wealth and doors and opportunities open to him that most will never see in their life time uses it to cash grab and take advantage of his own fans it is discouraging.

That is why I am critical and negative of the project, it isn't because of have some personal vendetta against Brad, I don't know the guy. It isn't because I don't want a game we can all play. I would love one. It really just comes down to the fact that while he is trying to make a game and that is great, if someone has a dream and a passion they should follow it, but if anyone else was asking you to put money to an $800k goal and presented what he has, even if the ideas were the exact same you wouldn't do it.
If we were able to pull a Star Citizen and get all of the money needed from crowdsourcing, we would. It's my first choice. Reaching out to a publisher or investor is a 2nd choice, a plan b. Not that I dislike them, but I'd prefer to keep the corporate structure as it is.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Yeah man, looks much better, keep shaking babies and kissing hands, you can sleep in 23 days.

That fucking Box of Orenthal James Simpson looks badass for $250. Good add ons.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Brad, is there a way to more prominently advertise that the alpha target date is in 2015 on the KS page? Might help a bit if people see that. 2017 feels like a loooong way off.

DickTrickle

After reading this shit for 150+ pages, come the fuck on. Do you and BoozeTrickle play paper/rock/penis best of 7 to see who is going shit-post next? For fuck's sake man, develop a gag reflex and STFU after a couple of troll posts at least if you can't really help yourself.
That really hurt my feelings. Apologize, right now.