Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Flex beat me to trying to shove Quaids post in your face Brad , this needs to done and promoted pronto.

Also I'm waffling between buying the 250 pack to add to my 375 pledge or going for the 500 tier.

Will there be voice chat used in the dev guild ? If I can yell MOAR DoTS at you a couple times I dont think I can pass that up. :p

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Brad, question for you bro. You said in todays AMA that you wont have to grind and keep playtime to 1-2 hour chunks. I know its a bit off in the future but how will you guys handle rare drops? Have any ideas on that? Like lets say I want o get the fungi, how will I go about doing that? Will you have rare spawns and placeholders?

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
That really hurt my feelings. Apologize, right now.
I am sorry I didn't post that 100 pages ago when the thread went toxic. Not really targeting you specifically as much as the generalized negatively in the thread and the spate of snarky posts. I do feel better now, though, and isn't that what's important here, really?

If it makes you feel any better, I was coming back to replace my rant with this .gif below.

bm_ad_250.gif

Aradune_sl

shitlord
Flex beat me to trying to shove Quaids post in your face Brad , this needs to done and promoted pronto.

Also I'm waffling between buying the 250 pack to add to my 375 pledge or going for the 500 tier.

Will there be voice chat used in the dev guild ? If I can yell MOAR DoTS at you a couple times I dont think I can pass that up. :p
Oh yeah, we'll be chatting voice.

Aradune_sl

shitlord
Brad, question for you bro. You said in todays AMA that you wont have to grind and keep playtime to 1-2 hour chunks. I know its a bit off in the future but how will you guys handle rare drops? Have any ideas on that? Like lets say I want o get the fungi, how will I go about doing that? Will you have rare spawns and placeholders?
Yes, but the spawn locations would likely vary. And I should say there will be some long spawns. Some people do enjoy camping. I just want those with less time to feel like they are advancing every day too.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Oh yeah, we'll be chatting voice.
Sigh , you've likely cost me the 125 bump to the 500 tier and then some add-ons too , my wife is not amused.

On gameplay question the AMA you mentioned the achievement system in lieu of mob grinding and so on. For those of us who actually enjoy the occasional mob grinding , will that still be a viable way to level ? I just don't want to be walled off of that path and "forced" to run around for the achievements.

Promise last question for the night ..........

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Another question if I may. You guys said that some of you , maybe not you personally but some, are playing on the P99 server to recapture that old EQ feel. What are your thoughts. What do you like and what would you change because it sucks?

Also will you be expanding your combat doc to explain in further detail about the "decks" you speak of and how it all works in more detail?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yes, but the spawn locations would likely vary. And I should say there will be some long spawns. Some people do enjoy camping. I just want those with less time to feel like they are advancing every day too.
That's exactly what I wanted to hear.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Another question if I may. You guys said that some of you , maybe not you personally but some, are playing on the P99 server to recapture that old EQ feel. What are your thoughts. What do you like and what would you change because it sucks?
While I would love to hear the answer to this, it may be better to phrase it more like, "looking back, what would you like to change and improve upon in vanilla EQ and some of those first expansions". I wouldn't want Brad to comment directly on P99 asked in that fashion.

I fired up P99 for the first time in a long time with the cut-down version and I have to say, Norrath is an intimidating place as a low level character again. I can't think of a single game I have played in the interim where the power curve of the character progression is so steep; a level 10 druid is nothing like a level 35 druid who is then again nothing like a level 50 druid in vanilla.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I didn't mean the P99 but old EQ in general. Since P99 is the closest thing to it and they play on it. Well, you know what I mean, lol.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I didn't mean the P99 but old EQ in general. Since P99 is the closest thing to it and they play on it. Well, you know what I mean, lol.
Indeed. <brofist>

Soundtrack acquired. Add-ons were a good idea and I can see myself making room for me.
This is always a huge thing for me. Bolt-ons or Add-ons are a great way to allow people to self-customize and generate bump up donation totals at the same time. Thanks very much, VR folks, indeed for bringing them online.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I am sorry I didn't post that 100 pages ago when the thread went toxic. Not really targeting you specifically as much as the generalized negatively in the thread and the spate of snarky posts. I do feel better now, though, and isn't that what's important here, really?

If it makes you feel any better, I was coming back to replace my rant with this .gif below.

bm_ad_250.gif
If it makes you feel any better, my comment was being snarky
smile.png
Haha.

Aeiouy_sl

shitlord
I got a question for these additions. Who the fuck is going to sort out all that mess when all is done.

Lets say I donate an extra $35 but I want the $10 and the $25 add on. Now multiply this by 1000 idiots.
Maybe it will be like Wheel of Fortune and you have a bank to spend and then choose items as they pass by when Pat Sajak (or the much cooler Chuck Woolery) describe them to you.

Then whatever is left over can be put on a gift certificate.

Aeiouy_sl

shitlord
So what about the 72 hours I camped in karanas for rare spawn to get cleric shield. Because of spawn timer I did get the occasional two hour naps but can we expect more stuff like that?

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
So what about the 72 hours I camped in karanas for rare spawn to get cleric shield. Because of spawn timer I did get the occasional two hour naps but can we expect more stuff like that?
Another tough one, if you say yes then you get grumpy gamers saying f-that; if you say no, then you get omg game dumbed down already.
Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing at least some mobs like that, just for those college kids playing to have something to do!
Remember, this is for the future of gaming, think of the kids!

BoozeCube

The Wokest
<Prior Amod>
If we were able to pull a Star Citizen and get all of the money needed from crowdsourcing, we would. It's my first choice. Reaching out to a publisher or investor is a 2nd choice, a plan b. Not that I dislike them, but I'd prefer to keep the corporate structure as it is.
I appreciate the response, the thing is I actually believe you could raise quite a bit of money a little further down the road through kickstarter. I know you are working hard on this and it continues to improve but I don't understand why you guys don't re-define your current efforts. I think you guys have a great opportunity and it shows by all the support the entire community provides to you and your team, and I don't just mean FoH/Rerolled, just the gaming community in general. Again I can't speak for anyone but myself but if you had come out with a more concise kickstarter with some design docs and stating the goal was to get a workable alpha build to show and a 2nd kickstarter for the main bulk of the game I probably would have donated more.

You use Star Citizen as an example but I am sure you can see the difference between the two campaigns here. The stretch goals you have now shouldn't be listed at this point in time, getting the amount required to get a workable demo, maintain your staff, and preparing what's needed to present the game should be all you are asking for. The 2nd crowdsourcing campaign 6month-1year down the road when you can pre-hype people and really have something fleshed out to show is where you should shoot for the moon and try to get the bulk of the funding. I can understand wanting to keep the corporate structure as is, despite my misgivings the one thing I haven't and don't doubt you on is "The Vision" if you will, when it comes to making game ideas you have some good ones and the type of games you describe are the closest to ideal for me of anything else out there, so adding a investor with a differing opinion of what's needed can be hard to work with.

It might not seem or feel like it at times but through the bitching and venting about the current direction of things it is meant as a someone wanting to help and for it to be better. If you can try and reach out to these people as I think they could help and support you in the same way boogie2988 is.

Geek and Sundry | Your Daily Dose of Geekiness & etc.
Kripparriane
TotalBiscuit, The Cynical Brit
Rev3Games -Adam Sessler
Felicia Day
https://twitter.com/feliciaday
Wil Wheaton
AtheneWins
Swifty
Husky
Day9

They are just a few of the popular gaming people out there and there are ton's of others all of which could be worth at least looking into.

P.S. In the next update put on a new shirt, and act excited for the camera.