Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm not sure he confidently grasps what an Angel investor really is.

Angel investors are the bridge between Seed capital and Venture capital. Yes they typically do "know what you're doing" or in other words are familiar with your industry, but they require equity in ownership or bonds. In addition to financing they provide business guidance, networking contacts and a bunch of other non-tangible resources. They also use their own money whereas VC's typically use shared money. Oh, and Angel's also do a fuck ton of due diligence.

I can't imagine any serious Angel, after doing the due diligence on this game and VR investing any large sum of money. AI's take the most risk of any investor; their shit gets diluted to all hell in future rounds of VC and bridge funding and thus they typically demand large chunks of ownership and an exit strategy written in stone.

A trust funder who wants to donate $50k for some nebulous reward is not an Angel investor. If they really do have proper AI's lined up, then good for them, but I'm skeptical.

No, I'm not an MBA or any crap. I just worked through about 5 big tech startups from seed to bust, mostly in the dot-com era and had the opportunity to be involved in the process each step of the way.
I'm curious, what kind of money would designate "Angel Investor?"

I'm curious, what kind of money would designate "Angel Investor?"
VC's have a minimum investment amount. It depends on the particular firm, but its typically $1m+. Upon rare exception, they don't like to get involved before Angels have done all the hard work and due diligence and they see something that could actually possibly be viable. So Angels fund anything below that, but I've never known an Angel to not demand disproportional equity to the funds they are giving. Because they do a shit ton of real work, and like I said that equity eventually gets diluted anyway, and their risk is super high.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been in contact with the PR guy for Pantheon, Ben. We briefly discussed what has been going on over here at Rerolled. The reason they have gone silent is that they feel that they can no longer reach anything positive over here. They do in fact read this thread from time to time. Instead of burning time trying to convince haters, they want to spend time giving information to those that actually want it. Makes sense and I can't really blame them.

With that said, Ben has agreed to do a quasi interview with me. I will take questions from this thread or PM and I will try my best to get them answered. Obviously they aren't deep into development so many questions cannot be answered. If you're afraid of being flamed, just PM me the question instead of posting, I will keep your anonymity.

If this goes well, I can snag more as time goes on. Ben has had a pretty open dialog with me so far.
I'm glad you asked this. I was considering it with Brad but never followed thru..

Brad came back to post a few times, but things would so south so fast, he didn't think he could post here enough to make a difference, so he bailed..

Honestly, it doesn't matter to anyone here what he says, so he just needs to make a game. That is the only thing people will care about in the end.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
You see? Your honor, the defense rests..

I was ahugeVanguard fanboy during beta. Ut and I used to get into it all the time about it(I think he posted a screenshot earlier in the thread, showing one of our back and forths). Then it released and I saw how right he was...
So yea, you played it a couple weeks and quit. Like I said, give it a try. Its actually a fabulous game that needs (needed) attention. 5-6 devs and a couple expansions would have really done it wonders. Don't knock it until you try it (today).

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
I've been in contact with the PR guy for Pantheon, Ben. We briefly discussed what has been going on over here at Rerolled. The reason they have gone silent is that they feel that they can no longer reach anything positive over here.
He's not wrong. Just look around. It would be...pointless and ugly if they tried to pop back in now...

Looks like the goblin was made using whatever modeling tool Vu was using to make the dragon.
From their website:"The lithograph at the top was done by Daniel 'Mac' MacGibbon, one of Visionary Realms' artists. The render near the bottom of the article was done by Frank Beleno, a founder of VRI and one of the team's artists."

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm glad you asked this. I was considering it with Brad but never followed thru..

Brad came back to post a few times, but things would so south so fast, he didn't think he could post here enough to make a difference, so he bailed..

Honestly, it doesn't matter to anyone here what he says, so he just needs to make a game. That is the only thing people will care about in the end.
There's a lot of negativity and with good reason. I don't think the majority of the posters here are just blind haters though. There are some but I think if Pantheon does something well, they will get just credit for it. I think Rerolled is capable of being objective and fair other wise I would not have lurked and posted here for a decade.

I personally think they are going to make this game and I will enjoy it. Many disagree and that's fine, that's what these forums are for. I will be continuing to follow the project to the end. If you have any questions for the Pantheon team please get them in to me ASAP. I will get as many as I can answered.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's a lot of negativity and with good reason. I don't think the majority of the posters here are just blind haters though. There are some but I think if Pantheon does something well, they will get just credit for it. I think Rerolled is capable of being objective and fair other wise I would not have lurked and posted here for a decade.

I personally think they are going to make this game and I will enjoy it. Many disagree and that's fine, that's what these forums are for. I will be continuing to follow the project to the end. If you have any questions for the Pantheon team please get them in to me ASAP. I will get as many as I can answered.
I agree.. some people will come around.. But only with progress. He can post all day here, and it wont matter.. People here want to see the game progressing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the QnA is a waste. It's a great idea and I'm glad Ben is going to do it. It will help, but in the end, they need to really show more in terms of development and even managing the process for a lot of these guys. Fair enough imo

I agree.. some people will come around.. But only with progress. He can post all day here, and it wont matter.. People here want to see the game progressing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the QnA is a waste. It's a great idea and I'm glad Ben is going to do it. It will help, but in the end, they need to really show more in terms of development and even managing the process for a lot of these guys. Fair enough imo
I want a game like Pantheon. But I have seen absolutely nothing from these guys which makes me think they can produce it. And I mean, like, literally nothing they have done or shown or said has inspired any confidence whatsoever. And 99% of it has been actually been remarkable examples of incompetence. So yeah I totally agree; they need to just put up, get to work, and develop something good. I'll buy it and give credit where its due if they produce a great product. Not holding my breath though.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider

Proper management is the first step. Showing in game footage isn't going to help unless it looks amazing. They tried with the screen shots and people just hated on it. Looks bland, looks like it was done in 30 mins ect. They tried with the Vu video things and again, same response. I'd like to see proper management on the outside and real game progress made on the inside. I think they can get something worth showing out in a few weeks if they get started and have proper management.

Did I mention management?

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
I've been in contact with the PR guy for Pantheon, Ben. We briefly discussed what has been going on over here at Rerolled. The reason they have gone silent is that they feel that they can no longer reach anything positive over here. They do in fact read this thread from time to time. Instead of burning time trying to convince haters, they want to spend time giving information to those that actually want it. Makes sense and I can't really blame them.

With that said, Ben has agreed to do a quasi interview with me. I will take questions from this thread or PM and I will try my best to get them answered. Obviously they aren't deep into development so many questions cannot be answered. If you're afraid of being flamed, just PM me the question instead of posting, I will keep your anonymity.

If this goes well, I can snag more as time goes on. Ben has had a pretty open dialog with me so far.
Agree with others on it being a lynching. Best thing they could do is stop with the fluff and bring out some over the top kickass demo video. Put the money where the month is. So far its all shit you would see from any one of the 3d animation colleges all over the USA and not the best I have seen over the years. This is like 2nd year crap if that. If they can bring out something great, ppl will give some slack!

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
How many artists are on the team and are none of them participating in the official forums? I see Frank Beleno listed as a team member but I don't see Daniel 'Mac' MacGibbon listed (the two credited for the goblin art).
I don't see Rochelle or Beleno with forum handles beside their names, so I have to assume they aren't signed up on the forums?

But it looks like Rochelle and "Mac" were at the dev meeting, so at least they ARE participating in the team. I was starting to wonder if the artists weren't full time team members and maybe just called upon for specific art jobs here and there.

Does it matter? Probably not. I guess I'm just asking for my own curiosity?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Beleno is Stash on the site..

Rochelle will be on full time and Targate will be used as needed by the team.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If anyone is interested I am making a MMO with Big Flex. Just paypal me $50 a week and I promise I will get some shit done.

rrr_img_61821.jpg

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
Beleno is Stash on the site..

Rochelle will be on full time and Targate will be used as needed by the team.
Ah ok cool. Thanks.
And that's good to know bc Targete is an artistic badass and since he did a lot of the concept art they used, at least it should remain consistent.

iannis

Musty Nester
Good. They need to spend less time trying to handjob Benjamins out of suicidal nerds and they need to spend more time doing some actual fucking work.

If they had anything at all to show they'd post it here. The fact that we drove Brad off into his Fortress of Self Delusion, again, strikes me as Rerolled's most significant achievement.

If that is all we can contribute to the MMO industry, uniting the subnerds in a whining disdain of "those guys over there maaan, they're just dicks" --it is enough.

DO SOMETHING YOU OVER VALUED, SELF AGGRANDIZING, BAG OF WIND. EITHER SHIT OR GET OFF THE POT.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Iannis has a point. This might be the first set of devs I've seen be proud of their fucking website for a game in "development".

STFU about your forums , your 101 class in how to not run a kickstarter , you garage meetings , your excuses of how hard it is to make a video that looks like it took 5 mins , and someone do actual work.