Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Caliane

Mine
smile.png
Seriously, exploring an atlantis-like underwater area, with different physics, and different spells that are more effective underwater, etc. will ROCK!
like every underwater level in every game ever? its not fun.

Gw2 promised it too. again. not fun.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I like underwater areas in concept. However, as an Everquest melee, they were an f'ing nightmare to fight in.
Wasn't nearly as bad to control in Vanguard, and GW2 was smooth and easy enough, so there's a precedent for it not being as obnoxious as it was in EQ, which was pretty obnoxious.

Maybe we'll finally get the oceans and boats and sea monsters and underwater zones/raids and the full promise of Vanguard when it comes to anything aquatic. Better late than never!

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tad just quit: "Pantheon's combat places a focus on preparation and awareness of the enemy. The player can actively dodge, block, or deflect attacks. "
lol poor guy and his Arthritis

It's crazy to watch this board which is usually huge cynics and haters, give money this early on merely words.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Wasn't nearly as bad to control in Vanguard, and GW2 was smooth and easy enough, so there's a precedent for it not being as obnoxious as it was in EQ, which was pretty obnoxious.

Maybe we'll finally get the oceans and boats and sea monsters and underwater zones/raids and the full promise of Vanguard when it comes to anything aquatic. Better late than never!
Yeah, I have no issue with the GW2 water areas and I thought it was cool to have a different weapon/skills for those areas.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Pledged $100. What the hell. the alpha/beta access is sweet, but I want this thing to actually exist so I gave a bit more then I had to. I really liked the q&a. He actually answered real questions rather then handpicking softball questions. Wife will probably pledge $100 to when she gets home.

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
Edit:no mention of a sub so far.
30 days of game time with the $45 tier. I guess that means there will at least be a sub type option.

Also, I have a couple of ideas from other kickstarters I have seen. Add a low costing tier for Alpha forum access. Add a limited tier to purchase the game 5 dollars cheaper (whenever a tier for just the final product is added, no idea why it isn't already on there). I don't know if this is possible, but can existing tiers be changed? If so move the Beta tier to $45, and put alpha somewhere higher.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Brad, the in game screenshots use 100% placeholder art i assume? You should probably make that clear on the KS page, some guys are already complaining about the "horrible gfx"
wink.png

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Well, that Video certainly did not get my blood flowing. The featurelist and summary of the game seems rather bland and generic, while not being very specific about the couple of old school features that seemed almost thrown in for good measure. Like the localized markets, distance mattering again, the importance of faction and the fact you have to mem a specific spellset.

Those features could and should in fact be fleshed out and highlighted, setting this game apart from the bunch. Promising challenging group-combat and hard Bosses is not going to cut it, all MMO's in early development promise that.

I was hoping for more focus on the return to a real World. He not only should emphasize that in his KS as features that set Pantheon apart from the rest but should also explain exactly how Travel, XP-curves, Local markets, Faction and Racial landscape and downtime are going to work (again) in a modern MMO. Right now they seem like a couple of buzzwords thrown in a furthermore generic featurelist.

I also found none of the devs very energizing in their peptalk but they could be just tired...

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Also there needs to be a death penalthy, come on Bradley, where is our corpse runs, bro?

Edit:

It just went down for some reason. It was at $11.2K and now its down to $10.7K, wtf?

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Brad is shotgunning. "Which will it be, open or instanced?" Brad: Both! "Will combat be action or tactical oriented?" Brad: Both! Just scatter the answers and everyone will hear what they want. That's not a bad thing, the game needs freedom to be developed, but it's hilarious watching it in action.

delirium_sl

shitlord
^yeah the site has been doing that a lot, it eventually corrects itself though. Its weird. Was it said there would be no death penalty? Cant view 2nd vid at work.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Brad is shotgunning. "Which will it be, open or instanced?" Brad: Both! "Will combat be action or tactical oriented?" Brad: Both! Just scatter the answers and everyone will hear what they want. That's not a bad thing, the game needs freedom to be developed, but it's hilarious watching it in action.
But it will be focused and not for everyone!