Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pull it down, explain to people they were excited and over zealous and it will be back up on January 27th or the beginning of February spend a week getting their shit together. Use that week to actually put a plan together, put some effort into the whole thing, talk to everyone they can, line up support form all the people that have been mentioned and then collectively push the fucking thing for all that it's worth.
But the work they need to show people (gameplay, detailed area design, detail class design, detailed systems of all kinds, really...) just aren't made yet and realistically can't be without months of work prior to launching the KS. There's hardly anything of substance on the KS page and it pisses me the fuck off, because you know the guy is capable of cranking out some amazing fucking content as per EQ and especially Vanguard. It just isn't there.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If only Curt had given Brad 10mil and told him to make a modern EQ, we could already play
wink.png

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
If only Curt had given Brad 10mil and told him to make a modern EQ, we could already play
wink.png
It truly makes you wonder where that insane amount of money went. Including the RI loan and his own money, my God, so much... And here McQuaid is begging for scraps.

Lysis

N00b
The reason why the project is not doing well is due to how underwhelming the kickstarter page is and how the tiers lack incentive. Remember Hex's tiers? How people were using scripts to jump into them? THAT kickstarter was done right.
While a well-executed KS would be beneficial, but I think the true issues are:
- Reputation: Vanguard sold well at launch. He severely pissed off hundreds of thousands of customers while millions of MMO fans watched and laughed.
- What VR is offering: To setup a studio and get started on Pantheon and hope more financing options become available. That's incredibly weak.
- No tangible results. A 2017 release means VR is roughly 10% into the 40 month development period with little to show for it.

I don't want to be an ass, but let's be realistic. VR should perform a strategic withdrawal and postpone the KS until they have something to excite us with. They need to look hard at not just the funding models small teams are using, but also how agile and innovative the small devs reshaping PC gaming are.

Aradune_sl

shitlord
Yeah, they redid a lot of it. Ranger got bumped back, but all classes were pulled to the front.Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen by Visionary Realms, Inc. Kickstarter

Edit: Also, the chart says Explorer's pledge doesn't grant a copy of the game, but that conflicts with what the tier has said all along.
Lots of changes and edits. Hopefully better and clearer now. Making third q&a video viewable right now. PC Gamer and new press release in the morning. That's all I can say right now from the shadows of the night.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Lots of changes and edits. Hopefully better and clearer now. Making third q&a video viewable right now. PC Gamer and new press release in the morning. That's all I can say right now from the shadows of the night.
It's the start of a new week and the clarity should go a ways in getting more people on board. While it sucks my poor rangers got bumped, I'm more concerned that the $800,000 gets met. Once it's there, I'm confident over the course of the next few years some of those goals could easily make it in after post-Kickstarter funding begins.

Wystler_sl

shitlord
As a former twister, Bard being a stretch goal makes me sad
frown.png
Same here, but I figure I'll play an enchanter or whatever kind of CC there is until the Bard becomes available (played both in EQ1). Until I see that Bards have a similar bag of tricks to an EQ Bard, I'm not getting too excited anyway.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
stance on contested content and inclusion of instances as mentioned in the latest q&a kinda cooled my already waning enthusiasm.. we'll see.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I was thinking....if Brad has planned a little better he could have contacted Todd McFarlane to have an action figure made of "Aradune Mithara". My wife just yelled from her desk, "Bahhh, Todd don't work cheap", but still, its a cool idea!
I was thinking.... if Curt had planned a little better he could have contracted Todd McFarlane to have action figures rewards as part of a Kickstarter campaign to help fund Copernicus/Amular. That was the perfect project for a KS. A main face with deep pockets to 'match' pledges. A celeb when it comes to physical swag. R.A. and Rolstan getting hype drummed up. It would have been the perfect Kickstarter.

Of course, we'd have still be left with a shitty WoW clone, I bet. But hey, that would be how to do a KS right!

jilena_sl

shitlord
Had you been in VP before the training rules ended, we could've shown you difficulty. Lots of training, countertraining, grabbing another train, and wiping raids trying to engage, raids hiding in weird spots (like in the fking ceiling with gflux) and such. Really fun stuff...but all that's gone now.
Oh I was simply referring to the encounters on their own. I 100% get that having to deal with other players changes the game drastically. You can experience that sort of fun in a shitty night of unrest haha. Don't even need VP.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
Eh KoA had a limited edition with a Troll in it. I only went for the collector's for the dice n cards.