Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Booze,

Last I saw mounts were a pretty basic concept in MMOs at this point. Unless Brad elaborates, I'm pretty sure what I'm getting at that tier. The two copies, two mounts, and the extra fluff would definitely be worth more than $45 if you can get someone to split(friend). You also still seem butthurt over Vanguard. Are you sure you have recovered or still in therapy?

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Money first work later. Got it.
This is a dick statement but its true. Every other kickstarter project I have looked at (which honestly isn't many), they did the work BEFORE asking for money. They did the work on their own dime. Then, once they had at least a partially completed product and couldn't finish it without money, they came to kickstarter. You can't really say you have a passion for MMO's and gaming, but won't do a lick of work unless you get paid first.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Booze,

Last I saw mounts were a pretty basic concept in MMOs at this point. Unless Brad elaborates, I'm pretty sure what I'm getting at that tier. The two copies, two mounts, and the extra fluff would definitely be worth more than $45 if you can get someone to split(friend). You also still seem butthurt over Vanguard. Are you sure you have recovered or still in therapy?
Actually, if you read through my posts I haven't even complained about Vanguard or how it was handled, I haven't threatened to pull funding or any of the other shit many have done. The past is the past, everything I have been critical of is this current project and how it is being handled. I cannot help the fact that the idea of an EQesqe MMO is really appealing to me which is why I am sad to see what could be a great opportunity to develop a game with that same appeal squandered away.

Giving a shit about theoretical mounts in a theoretical game if it theoretically gets funding not once by twice is a fucking pipe dream, they probably stand a better shot of taking the 800k and buying scratch offs to fund the rest of the project if this is really the level of content they can produce.

Look at the all the other kickstarters linked in this thread. Shit made by a group of pre-teens in their mothers apartment is more developed and thought through than Pantheon.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Booze,

My bad. I saw the too much brown statement and just thought you hadn't recovered yet. I don't disagree that they have squandered a prime opportunity. I just thought there would be more who wanted that mount even with pipe smoking, dreams, and whatever other shit is going on in that garage every week the past 4-6 months.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
LOL, This guy starts a Kick starter to fund a office so they can get to work on another Kick starter for a game... Guess those rumors are true that he really was a hack cause that kick starter is Amateur Hour.. I guess hope, dreams and ass smoke don't sell as well they did back in the VG days(cause I got 2 preordered collectors editions)... I would give money to Dumar and his 1/2 baked MMO plan before I gave it to Brad.. Dam you Brad coming over here blowing sunshine over these EQ neck beards getting there hopes up and shit. Part of me hopes this office gets funded so the comedy of errors can go on.

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
Not loving the whole "chosen immortals" role of player characters. It's not a deal breaker, but it was a big part of what ruined the world of Rift for me. Just makes everything feel so pointless from a lore perspective. Hard to give a shit about towns and what not.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
So because I don't live paycheck to paycheck and actually have money I can "invest" in things I am interested in, one of the things you want made I deserve to be ridiculed?

Are you an Occupy Wall Street kid? Do you think anybody that has the slightest bit of disposable income is an asshole? Why would you sarcastically attack somebody that wishes he could help make a game come to fruition?
I'm not ridiculing you. I actually enjoy your antics, typically. All I'm saying is I don't give a shit about the proclamations of you or anyone else when it comes to your pledges and pulling them and treats, etc. Pledge if you want and hopefully I'll see you in alpha. Don't pledge if you don't want, as I can definitely understand that. I just wish everyone would stop fucking talking about how having a few bucks to throw at a project like this, or even a lot, makes that something worth talking about.

People with money don't have to constantly talk about their money. People with make-believe pledge-money seem to not shut the fuck up about it (generally and specifically). I think we can agree there are better things to talk about with regards to this project than what we're personally pledging.

Zoeii_sl

shitlord
It is really interesting watching you guys go back and forth. Worse than women, the lot of you are. You guys say "Oh they better fix the tiers, they better do more screen shots, they better do this and that and this..blah..blah...blah. And then I see you guys saying "Oh, well those screen shots were pretty cool, but it's just too late." Wtf guys, are you all on the rag, ffs. You guys seriously change your minds constantly. /end rant

I am cautiously optimistic at this point. I have expressed the fact that I do want this game badly, but I also have to do my due diligence. I have not pulled my pledge and nor will I unless something really crazy happens, like he announces features that I completely hate. I feel that the amount I have pledged is worth the risk. This is also how I do my investing on the stock market. I don't put money into anything that I am not willing to lose. /Shrug

And I really like you Khane! I feel like you are the calm voice of reason on this board.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is really interesting watching you guys go back and forth. Worse than women, the lot of you are. You guys say "Oh they better fix the tiers, they better do more screen shots, they better do this and that and this..blah..blah...blah. And then I see you guys saying "Oh, well those screen shots were pretty cool, but it's just too late." Wtf guys, are you all on the rag, ffs. You guys seriously change your minds constantly. /end rant

I am cautiously optimistic at this point. I have expressed the fact that I do want this game badly, but I also have to do my due diligence. I have not pulled my pledge and nor will I unless something really crazy happens, like he announces features that I completely hate. I feel that the amount I have pledged is worth the risk. This is also how I do my investing on the stock market. I don't put money into anything that I am not willing to lose. /Shrug

And I really like you Khane! I feel like you are the calm voice of reason on this board.
It's an emotional roller coaster!

So this Kickstarter is just to get the 800k necessary to buy the Copernicus assets from Rhode Island? Shit... that's brilliant.
This is not an unusual use for Kickstarter, although it's not as common as it used to be. Not every project has a product ready to go. Kickstarter was originally meant to kick-start a project, not be a pre-order service. It's use has changed over time, but there are still some who use it this way. There's nothing wrong or weird about what Brad is doing in this one.

Dulldain_sl

shitlord

The problem with the screenshots is that they look like they were done very recently as in yesterday. While it is good they put them out there and hopefully it will sway some backers, it shows this KS was just thrown together. I want this KS to work but to me the biggest obsticle to it working has been VR itself, not being prepared, not getting the word out, and not releasing the "plan". The very company I am backing is the same one who is undermining the whole project. That makes me an angry backer.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
You didn't answer the question....

1) What are some of those great mmo games today?

2) When was the last time you played a mmo?
1.)What's the point? You're just going to laugh them all off anyways, because none of them will compare to the "vaunted" EQ. "Hah! That piece of casual trash hardly qualifies as an MMO!".

2.)FFXIV, unless you consider Marvel: Heroes an MMO(I do, but since you're under the "EQ is the greatest game ever!" mindset, you won't). Despite what you think, I've played pretty much every MMO since UO.