Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
So I've been thinking about this for a while. I think right now all the backers for Pantheon are pretty familiar with Brad and his past work and are hopeful for what Pantheon could be. The problem is, people who AREN'T familiar with Brad and the vision, don't see why they should back Pantheon. Which is why so many of us said they should have made the kickstarter for like 200k just to fund a demo or something concrete. And then use THAT to rope in more backers.
My little brother is way too young to be familiar with Brad and EQ, but he played VG and GW2 and is always looking for another good MMO. He's keeping an eye on TESO and I sent him something about EQN and he said "Oh that looks cool!".
But if I send him to the Pantheon KS, he's not going to "get it". He's going to want to know WHY I'm excited about this and why he should be too. And I don't know if I could even explain it to him.
To anyone not familiar with Brad, the KS is just another idea for another MMO and not enough to convince someone like him to throw some money towards. Even though I KNOW he'd really enjoy the game if and when it is created.
Whereas if there was an actual demo of a game, then someone like him might get excited enough to want to contribute...
But it is what it is at this point.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Just shut the fuck up already, I can't even begin to keep up with your insane mood swings. Are you pregnant or something?
rrr_img_58217.jpg

I might even give a fuck it you contributed to the thread but oh well.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Ok , I'm not an expert by any means on Reddit , but the Brad AMA being at 11am est/12cst Wed , just seems , "odd" to me timing wise. I mean for the most part I have a job where I can pull up something like that at work easily , but know lots who cannot.

Just seems to me an AMA on Reddit during prime time evening would be better for the maximum exposure.

I might be missing some reason for picking that time though that makes sense ?
wtf? really? a weds morning ama? like four people would participate.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
So I've been thinking about this for a while. I think right now all the backers for Pantheon are pretty familiar with Brad and his past work and are hopeful for what Pantheon could be. The problem is, people who AREN'T familiar with Brad and the vision, don't see why they should back Pantheon. Which is why so many of us said they should have made the kickstarter for like 200k just to fund a demo or something concrete. And then use THAT to rope in more backers.
My little brother is way too young to be familiar with Brad and EQ, but he played VG and GW2 and is always looking for another good MMO. He's keeping an eye on TESO and I sent him something about EQN and he said "Oh that looks cool!".
But if I send him to the Pantheon KS, he's not going to "get it". He's going to want to know WHY I'm excited about this and why he should be too. And I don't know if I could even explain it to him.
To anyone not familiar with Brad, the KS is just another idea for another MMO and not enough to convince someone like him to throw some money towards. Even though I KNOW he'd really enjoy the game if and when it is created.
Whereas if there was an actual demo of a game, then someone like him might get excited enough to want to contribute...
But it is what it is at this point.
This is very true, it's both a good and bad thing sometimes to focus on a niche group. The good thing is they support you implicitly and that's why he was able to get the pledges that have come in so far without much to show, the bad thing is that group is rather small. The only way he will be able to branch out is to show someone who might as well never seen or played an MMO before exactly what he has to offer that's superior to the other options out there.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
wtf? really? a weds morning ama? like four people would participate.
Yeah , I would think with the desperate need for all eyes he can get it's not the best choice. This is what the KS site says.

"Brad's on Reddit for an AMA

Brad tweeted the other night that he created an account on Reddit. We can all guess what that means, and your guesses are right (well, most of your guesses. Some were really bizarre.) Brad will be doing an AMA this coming Wednesday at 1pm Pacific Standard Time to talk directly with the community, redditors, and random passers-by. You'll want to check this out as he's strapped on his turbo-gloves and is ready to type like no man has typed before."

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
i go away for the weekend, and there's over 100 new posts. someone fill me in, please. anything pertinent?

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Yeah sorry got my times reversed , so used to people listing times as EST then figuring it out from there backwards, it's

1pm PST so
3pm CST
4pm EST

Still seems a very odd time.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Oh really? What were my original estimates? Jesus you American Inventors love to bandwagon shit without even reading posts, I have said plenty of positive shit about the idea and offered suggestions for improvement, not everything I say is bashing this game in spite what some dipshit posters would have you believe.
lazy ned stark

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone else notice how the videos get hardly any views on YouTube? So odd... People normally at least watch..