Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nobody is getting me down. I wouldn't be posting here if that were the case. I understand it's not the cool or safe thing to do at the moment. We all have our longshots.

As for the demo.. I don't think it's worth the time tbh.. people will just say it's BS based on what happen with VG. Who knows tho, maybe it will be more aimed at them running around a whole zone/dungeon and talking about the areas. Sort of what Lord British did. That was a suggestion made by a few of us way back.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I don't think that's going to change any perceptions but Brad seems to be more involved with getting funding than anything else.
You don't think? Maybe because that will only reinforce the negative perceptions of Brad.

I wonder if he can, or even ever could, do any tangible work on video games. You know, other than being an 'idea' and 'money' guy.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If anyone other than Brad was in charge of the overall project, you might have a leg to stand on. History has shown that in any endeavor where Brad is in complete control, drama and epic failure have followed. And letting them demo areas themselves will absolutely NOT suffice. They pulled this with the fake demo they used to keep the money train flowing from MS back during Brownguard. They did this same shit during the Vegas Fanguard debacle, doing a few isolated encounters on demo machines that they would not let anyone even know the specs on, much less touch and play with the interface. Those were paying Brad cock gobblers, mind you. This is a money grab to fund his ongoing habits, because he is running out of cars to sell and Smed won't take his calls anymore after getting buttfucked on the VG deal.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You don't think? Maybe because that will only reinforce the negative perceptions of Brad.

I wonder if he can, or even ever could, do any tangible work on video games. You know, other than being an 'idea' and 'money' guy.
He's posted some lore but yea, he never said he would be working inside the game. He was pretty clear about that early in the process. I figured that was typical of someone in his position? I don't think ponytail works on the game either..

Phazael- yea, it's going to have to be a lot of the world. Not just a small area. Maybe a few areas in different videos? I don't know... One thing they wont be able to shake is the promise of a long beta. So people will be in sooner rather than later or folks will get restless.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Nobody is getting me down. I wouldn't be posting here if that were the case. I understand it's not the cool or safe thing to do at the moment. We all have our longshots.

As for the demo.. I don't think it's worth the time tbh.. people will just say it's BS based on what happen with VG. Who knows tho, maybe it will be more aimed at them running around a whole zone/dungeon and talking about the areas. Sort of what Lord British did. That was a suggestion made by a few of us way back.
Isn't this fairly similar to the same mindset people have when they join a cult?

Fairly reputable charismatic figure head with lots of promises, publicly outed as a murderer of concepts?

I'm kind of scared for you Convo.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Isn't this fairly similar to the same mindset people have when they join a cult?

Fairly reputable charismatic figure head with lots of promises, publicly outed as a murderer of concepts?

I'm kind of scared for you Convo.
They are selling white shoes with Pantheon on the side, and kool aid, Pantheon mugs in the cash shop..

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Even Dawn had a "gameplay video" and "screenshots." Didn't mean much. I'm still waiting for my fetus catapult.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Even Dawn had a "gameplay video" and "screenshots." Didn't mean much. I'm still waiting for my fetus catapult.
God, Dawn.

I admit to being super excited when I read about it. What, 14 years ago now?

Me and my UO bro were going to totally conquer an island chain and become warlords. Or something.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

You are dealing with cynics, or by another name.. cowards. Cynicism is the easiest of all perspectives. And it is also the most laughable. Cynics are incapable of progress because they don't believe in it. And yet their lives are driven by the progress those with hope and determination made. The type of hope and determination they will never be capable of.

They are pretty funny really, and pathetic. When kudos speaks I see a pathetic little boy, incapable of doing anything but whining. The rest sound like him in varying degrees.

The chances of this getting made are slim but I admire anyone who tries in spite of the morons like kudos and the like. It is the attempt that makes humanity worthwhile and proves that the kudos of the world are nothing more than slime holding the rest of us back. Because sometimes the improbable. and even the impossible, does happen. And we must support those who's dreams run in the same direction as ours.

Well that was fun to write..

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
God, Dawn.

I admit to being super excited when I read about it. What, 14 years ago now?

Me and my UO bro were going to totally conquer an island chain and become warlords. Or something.
haha that was us talkin about horizons while raiding tov and shit.

kudos

<Banned>
You are dealing with cynics, or by another name.. cowards. Cynicism is the easiest of all perspectives. And it is also the most laughable. Cynics are incapable of progress because they don't believe in it. And yet their lives are driven by the progress those with hope and determination made. The type of hope and determination they will never be capable of.

They are pretty funny really, and pathetic. When kudos speaks I see a pathetic little boy, incapable of doing anything but whining. The rest sound like him in varying degrees.

The chances of this getting made are slim but I admire anyone who tries in spite of the morons like kudos and the like. It is the attempt that makes humanity worthwhile and proves that the kudos of the world are nothing more than slime holding the rest of us back. Because sometimes the improbable. and even the impossible, does happen. And we must support those who's dreams run in the same direction as ours.

Well that was fun to write..
Enjoy having your money wasted on pills for Brad to pop into his mouth as he drives his NSX around town high as a kite. The guy could barely focus during a damn team interview. Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
i'm naturally a pessimist, but i never said i wanted to see brad fail. in fact, i've stated just the opposite many times. i'm hoping that this game sees the light of day and is the best MMO since EQ and i wind up playing it for 5+ years, but besides being a pessimist, i'm also a realist, and the chances of this game being made are about the same as me hitting the lottery.

..... and the chances of this game being made are about the same as me hitting the lottery.
There you go! Pantheon's problems solved!

Brad take that post-KS $110K+ and invest it all in lottery tickets, its yourbest and only chanceat making this thing actually go.

You gotta be in it to win it!

new-california-lottery-megamillions-logo.jpg

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Enjoy having your money wasted on pills for Brad to pop into his mouth as he drives his NSX around town high as a kite. The guy could barely focus during a damn team interview. Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit.
It's not my money. I haven't spent a dime. But I don't have a problem with people who go after their dreams. While you prefer to live in the filth of failure and defeat.

It's an easy choice for me. I will always approve of the people with hope and will always laugh at losers like you.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't want Brad to fail myself.
I STRONGLY hope he'd manage to release this game.

But giving him money at this stage? No freaking way
tongue.png

I only compliment good work; and so far VR didn't deliver anything. Once they do, we'll talk. As for now I wish them good luck.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't want Brad to fail myself.
I STRONGLY hope he'd manage to release this game.

But giving him money at this stage? No freaking way
tongue.png

I only compliment good work; and so far VR didn't deliver anything. Once they do, we'll talk. As for now I wish them good luck.
See I want the game, but I am not sure I want someone like brad in charge or running it. Maybe if he was in a creative capacity only with someone as his boss and actually doing the business side of things then ok.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Grim,
Most of us don't have any problems with Convo and his championing of this game. I have a problem with the way Brad has performed especially when people like Convo try their hardest to support the loser. Some of us are also championing games that are much more likely to actually get made and, in my case, could be the best game of the next half decade. Your post sounded bombastic, myopic, judgmental and extremely out of touch. You do realize that Brad just failed a KS, his 'paid' website hasn't generated much income in weeks, and he still is floating around looking for handouts as others build a game for him once again right? Did I mention out of touch?

Based off your post, Brad must be a gigantic cynic because the 'progress' he's accomplished the past 6-7 months...it is LAUGHABLE indeed. I don't think anyone is holding Brad back...except himself and his truly deplorable lack of effort so far. Or, his team's deplorable lack of effort. You are right though. The impossible does happen but 99% of the time, someone has to do real work for it to happen. Maybe Vu or the apprentice developers can do that for Brad too...

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Grim,
Most of us don't have any problems with Convo and his championing of this game. I have a problem with the way Brad has performed especially when people like Convo try their hardest to support the loser. Some of us are also championing games that are much more likely to actually get made and, in my case, could be the best game of the next half decade. Your post sounded bombastic, myopic, judgmental and extremely out of touch. You do realize that Brad just failed a KS, his 'paid' website hasn't generated much income in weeks, and he still is floating around looking for handouts as others build a game for him once again right? Did I mention out of touch?

Based off your post, Brad must be a gigantic cynic because the 'progress' he's accomplished the past 6-7 months...it is LAUGHABLE indeed. I don't think anyone is holding Brad back...except himself and his truly deplorable lack of effort so far. Or, his team's deplorable lack of effort. You are right though. The impossible does happen but 99% of the time, someone has to do real work for it to happen. Maybe Vu or the apprentice developers can do that for Brad too...
Being a supporter of the game, doesn't mean I'm not critical, that's what some of these guys miss. Not that I really care. Some people just have a for or against mentality. That's not how I operate. Personally, I'd rather be a part of the project and try to make a difference through feedback. If I feel like I'm not being heard in regards to real feedback(I'm getting to that point) I'll bail, and it will hopefully be more of an eye opener for the team and other supporters. That's putting a huge smile on the project and assuming people on VRI give a fuck. My limits and loyalties only stretch so far. I agree with a lot of the people here, I just don't agree with the approach. My most recent post on there is asking real questions about the state of the game.. Who's doing what. what's finished, what's being worked on, etc.. I feel like we should be getting weekly updates on that stuff. We know so little in those areas. These guys are under the gun. They should be pumping out content like machines, saying to us all "Look what we can do!!" I flat out told them it's underwhelming at this point, because it is.

Don't get me started about the site and the shop lol