Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You can never defeat satan directly. Its always gonna be one of his minions. Which makes for some awesome historical villains. It doesnt all have to take place during a biblical timeline. As long as you are defeating evil and spreading the word of jayzuss it could be wherever or whenever.

Schneider

Silver Knight of the Realm
What will my inspiration score have to be and what miracles do I need to perform to unlock the Saint class? Chasing away whores with red hot pokers after I join the clergy or causing the fresh herring to to appear I suspect.

Canadian_sl

shitlord
You can never defeat satan directly. Its always gonna be one of his minions. Which makes for some awesome historical villains. It doesnt all have to take place during a biblical timeline. As long as you are defeating evil and spreading the word of jayzuss it could be wherever or whenever.
A strong point. Perhaps the game starts off in modern times as you are called into action by Jehovas Witnesses at your door. From then on the story could weave back and forth through time, worlds, and realities. Maybe, just maybe chasing the fallen angel Aradune who just might be....SATAN!

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
i actually think a biblical based MMO would be awesome. angels vs. demons, priests vs. satanists, etc. could be like TSW, only better.

Ceder_sl

shitlord
the more i think about it, the more i think i would like to play a bible based MMO, sure you wouldnt be able to call someone a fuckstick over general chat, but then again you really cant say those things in game anyway. the mobs and player races might be a little boring however (white humans fighting demon jews) and some of the classes could use some work. my lv 33 carpenter died at the raid because one of my guildies was out farming 30 pieces of silver! at least he had a 3 day rez timer.
Yes except instead of gold spammers accosting you in chat and whispers, you'd have every nutjob westboro, jehovah witness, Bostonian CoC, Unification(moonies), and more inundating you with wanting to be your friend and sitting down to have a chat about their "truth".

Zone chat would start off something like this:

Maester Chuk: Can someone help me with this quest? It says I need to find a lost lamb in the mountains but I can't find it.

Westboro4Life: All Maesters are fags and going to Hell!

WatchTowerElderrequests to open a trade with you for:A New World Translation of Holy Scriptures (Bible).

CoCBostonMoverinvites you to join the guild:Study Group
CoCBostonMoverwhispers you: Hi! My friends and I have this great guild where we like to help people. We've got lots of people just like you who want to be your best friend.

Sun Myung Moonwhispers you: Come join our Guild! We have mass weddings every month. You'll work hard selling flowers to others in small groups and if you do well you can become a group leader!

LuciferMahBrowhispers you: Satan loves you. Want to cyber?

/who
There are6blessedpeople in the Start zone and a total of6blessedpeople in game.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
High fantasy is still by far the best. Problem is, nobody does high fantasy anymore. They do pop culture fantasy with steampunk/scifi mixed in. Not only can they not make a true MMO, this industry can't even produce real fantasy games anymore.

Old Testament would make an awesome world indeed.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
i actually think a biblical based MMO would be awesome. angels vs. demons, priests vs. satanists, etc. could be like TSW, only better.
It would have to be made by athiests though to work. Plus all the free advertising you would get from all the protests.

Ceder_sl

shitlord
The world needs a Piers Anthony Incarnations of Immortality MMO
While I loved the book series, it'd make a horrible MMO because beyond the incarnations and their very few minor incarnation counterparts and a small amount of supernaturals, it'd just be a mundane world. It would make for a better single player game imo. Xanth too would be better as a single player game(like that one before).

If you -really- wanted an Anthony series to become an MMO, The Apprentice Adept series would be rather rich/deep since there is a fantasy world and a sci fi world involved with different races/creatures on both sides, The "Game" (can you imagine the work that would be involved to create that alone for an mmo?), and more.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
While I loved the book series, it'd make a horrible MMO because beyond the incarnations and their very few minor incarnation counterparts and a small amount of supernaturals, it'd just be a mundane world.
I was only joking about a MMO, but I think its been too long since you read it. Magic is everywhere in Incarnations, and accessible to everyday people. Magic vs Science plays a huge role throughout the series.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I would only play if they had an option to guarantee 10% of my subscription went to tithing. I'm fine with them letting the game be free to play for evil races, though, but you've got to pay to save your soul. And a pay to pray cash shop is a must.

Beastro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It would have to be made by athiests though to work. Plus all the free advertising you would get from all the protests.
That'll just turn it into wanking material for a different demographic.

You'd need a team that was extremely, prolly unrealistically objective and impartial on either direction.

You'd know you did it right if you had both the religious complaining about it and the irreligious trolling it thinking they were shitting on something made by fundamentalists.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
A strong point. Perhaps the game starts off in modern times as you are called into action by Jehovas Witnesses at your door. From then on the story could weave back and forth through time, worlds, and realities. Maybe, just maybe chasing the fallen angel Aradune who just might be....SATAN!
lol yeah dude, im starting to geek out over all the possibilities. and i disagree about the atheists making this game. atheists are usually too obvious. this needs to be made by hardcore christian devs and game designers, but directed by a crafty atheist lead director who will lead these people into making awesome christian fun without it ever being for certain if this is a serious biblical game or if its mocking the christian faith. leave the interpretation up to the players.

Ceder_sl

shitlord
I was only joking about a MMO, but I think its been too long since you read it. Magic is everywhere in Incarnations, and accessible to everyday people. Magic vs Science plays a huge role throughout the series.
Just entertaining the mmo notion even if in jest, even with the magic it was still rather mundane in regards to folks going about doing their own thing. The conflicts were subtle on the incarnations/grander scale. Everyone would want to play an incarnation and there would be tons of bickering about who/how they could, exploiting to be/do so etc. Magic and science really didnt play significant roles. They incarnations and their character development. The philosophical monologues and treastise on science and magic, while core to Anthony's desire to deepen the novels themselves(Chronos's time one for example), would simply be story/lore esque. But again, it was all centric to the incarnations themselves.

So if you wanted to have a sustainable mmo(ie one that kept people engaged with it long term and with a profitable revenue stream to keep it updated and progressing) you've have to have a recipe of game mechanics and player options that would support that. Everyone being humans, with or without variances of magical abilities that would have to be kept in balance with everyone else to a certain degree) while not being able to necessarily effect the rest of what is going on would be rather plain. How would end game be considered(after all you couldnt have it as the end game of the stories, as that would be rather a skewed fast up the rungs progression creep.) Would you set it modern(at the point of the stories' climax/resolution? Post? Medieval times? All of the above?

It just would be hard pressed to keep people. When you compare it to IP's like The Secret World, WoD(though never gonna happen now), etc it just comes up too low offering in player options to me. Hence why I thought it better as a single player.

Ceder_sl

shitlord
I would only play if they had an option to guarantee 10% of my subscription went to tithing. I'm fine with them letting the game be free to play for evil races, though, but you've got to pay to save your soul. And a pay to pray cash shop is a must.
Dont forget to add the Jim Baker PTL donator levels like Silver and Gold etc.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
First raid mob was just leaked:

rrr_img_69558.jpg

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Somebody needs to run with this. Nothing is off limits though. If me and my guild want to raid Jesus on Easter Sunday then farm him three days later we should be able to do so. You could bring in mythology also for an xpac. Just don't hire any Blizzard lore people. I don't want a Scientology Xpac.