Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

JonJon_sl

shitlord
It's cute to watch Beck try and get un-rickshawed with the promise of juicy gossip, fail and turn it around to try and get his KTAM viewers into the double digits.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
Lol. Serious? Being hosted...by Requiem? Whhhyyyy...this piece of shit isn't going anywhere. Why even waste the time pretending like it has a future. 800+ posts on something that should remain in the shaw.

Canadian_sl

shitlord
Lol. Serious? Being hosted...by Requiem? Whhhyyyy...this piece of shit isn't going anywhere. Why even waste the time pretending like it has a future. 800+ posts on something that should remain in the shaw.
Not going anywhere? Pantheon is 800+ posts. Best mmo I've played in years!

Requiem_sl

shitlord
Oh, and with regard to fluffing resumes, I haven't needed or created a resume for about 15 years. All of those quotes were written by other people and put up because other people wanted them there, even in the case of the OSS site when I was still seeking new clients. That's also why it's pretty much copypasta, because I always refuse to participate in the creation of them.

It's pretty typical for a startup that's seeking funding to talk up their team members. The investors like to see it.

Edit - The fact of the matter is that ever since the Uberguilds days ended(so since what, 2007? 2008?), even when you guys were happy and everything was going great, I was always hesitant to even bring "my personal site" or especially fohguild.org by name up when acting in a professional role, because the last thing I wanted a potential partner to see is the content on that site, I'd rather be taken seriously... The last time fohguild.org was good for that was when we were grabbing up sites for the network. And only until we got EJ.

Requiem_sl

shitlord
Sounds legit to me.
What exactly is it you think we botted? Anything I can imagine that I would want to fake I could simply do by modifying the source and/or the db, so even if I wanted to do something like that, why the hell would I do it with bots? Take the tinfoil off.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Drops on by to call us all dumbasses and then explain things to said dumbasses? Seems legit. Sean hasn't needed a resume in 15 years either.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
What exactly is it you think we botted? Anything I can imagine that I would want to fake I could simply do by modifying the source and/or the db, so even if I wanted to do something like that, why the hell would I do it with bots? Take the tinfoil off.
I didn't bother saving the screenshot, but I remember seeing one posted here or morenetz in which there were over 50 active users at the bottom of the main forum page on foh - but only 2 of them were legit people. The other 48 (or however many) were names like "xxbzjcse," etc. Of course, this screenshot was taken in the final days or even hours before you flipped the switch. Maybe you did it the whole time and no one noticed because the site was active?

Gravy

Bronze Squire
What? I thought I was supporting your statement. Why the hell would you do it with bots?

Requiem_sl

shitlord
I didn't bother saving the screenshot, but I remember seeing one posted here or morenetz in which there were over 50 active users at the bottom of the main forum page on foh - but only 2 of them were legit people. The other 48 (or however many) were names like "xxbzjcse," etc. Of course, this screenshot was taken in the final days or even hours before you flipped the switch. Maybe you did it the whole time and no one noticed because the site was active?
Again, those were bots that were let loose when I approved every registered user on FoH for the previous 2-3 years. At some point around 2010?(would have to bring foh up and look) 500+ bots started signing up per day. When I opened the floodgate somebody/something noticed, still had all of the logins for those accounts, and stepped up it's game. I assume the accounts were being checked periodically over those few years, but they started getting logged on a whole lot more after some of them started working.

Also remember that just because you see some N number of "active users" as bots on a forum doesn't mean there's that many scripts running. vBulletin will list active users for 15 minutes unless they log off, and a script would probably just change some random parameters in it's client headers and move on to the next account on it's list rather than logging out. Less web calls to make.

Requiem_sl

shitlord
Fucking shame we couldn't get this fast of a response when it actually mattered.
Agreed. I wish I had upgraded vBulletin earlier too, but you all should decide which one made you move. I thought it was Tyen and Trex? That's what everybody said after I did upgrade vBulletin, before the exodus.

Anyway I'm done. This is way OT at this point.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Agreed. I wish I had upgraded vBulletin earlier too, but you all should decide which one made you move. I thought it was Tyen and Trex? That's what everybody said after I did upgrade vBulletin, before the exodus.
It's never that simple. It was a combination of everything. I don't know if you were aware of the shit your friends were pulling at the time or not. Baqsically your either not having the time or not giving a fuck was a factor in tyen/trex and the malware bullshit. At least you waited till everyone migrated to shut it down though. Just wish I was still able to read some of those old threads. Lot of history and entertainment there.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
You guys are dumbasses. I didn't shut anything down until you had all switched to rerolled
I said exactly that. Learn to read, Rainman.

and there was no botting on foh by myself or Tyen.
I don't doubt that there were "legit" bots running amok at one point, but if you think that you sound credible in arguing that Tyen wasn't running bots to pump metrics when those seem to be two of his favorite things (sent us a number of bots Friday morning in fact) then you're more out of touch then I'd have imagined.

You sound like a father whose son is known for breaking into people's homes and has been arrested multiple times but refuses to accept it."Not my son! He's a good boy, he'd never steal anything!"

And wouldn't a "scam site" need to make more money than it costs?
From everything you said before you pulled the plug, you had FOH hosted back behind everything else on what I took (from your descriptions before) to be "extra" space. Now, it isn't that no one appreciates you having hosted FOH in the past, but I've never heard it ever said that you were "losing" money by hosting FOH, rather that you weren't "making" money from doing so. And besides, how would someone put a price on ad revenue and portfolio-stuffing?

Oh, and with regard to fluffing resumes, I haven't needed or created a resume for about 15 years. All of those quotes were written by other people and put up because other people wanted them there, even in the case of the OSS site when I was still seeking new clients. That's also why it's pretty much copypasta, because I always refuse to participate in the creation of them.
Since I used "resume" in such a broad, lazy way, I'm glad you were able to get the gist of my post. And no one cares if you eschew resumes or work with Trexx in your lap flapping her D-cups in your face: it boils down to pretty much the same thing.

I couldn't help but notice you segued from"we"straight into"I"after the first sentence there. And I honestly have no reason to disbelieve you - I'm sure that YOU very possibly COULD do pretty much whatever without resorting to bots. But Dan? Yes, we all totally believe that the guy who would never shut up about "unique pageviews", who sold upvotes/likes via bots and still sends bots here annoy us on a regular basis...yeah we totally believe that he wasn't botting in the background.

At this late a date it comes down to what one chooses to believe, and I'm far more likely to believe the people who've told me in confidence that there was shady hidden botting going on than I am to believe that both you and Tyen were pure as the driven snow. Even though I'm aware that everyone I've talked to could be wrong, it still would take a huge leap of faith to believe what you say.

P.S.: and before anyone says that I'm crazy here...you're expecting us to believe that Tyen wasn't up to some sort of shenanigans on FOH when you had given him pretty decent access? C'mon, now.

NeverGrind Forums - View topic - Eqbrowser has 40k likes?

JBB4qZr.jpg

Iu8azRU.png

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Beck is going to have to try really motherfucking hard because I'm not going to reverse Adam12's infraction of him, and I don't think his infraction expires. So he can either sit in here for eternity, or PM Adam12 and ask him to reverse it.

Requiem_sl

shitlord
I said exactly that. Learn to read, Rainman.

I don't doubt that there were "legit" bots running amok at one point, but if you think that you sound credible in arguing that Tyen wasn't running bots to pump metrics when those seem to be two of his favorite things (sent us a number of bots Friday morning in fact) then you're more out of touch then I'd have imagined.

You sound like a father whose son is known for breaking into people's homes and has been arrested multiple times but refuses to accept it."Not my son! He's a good boy, he'd never steal anything!"

From everything you said before you pulled the plug, you had FOH hosted back behind everything else on what I took (from your descriptions before) to be "extra" space. Now, it isn't that no one appreciates you having hosted FOH in the past, but I've never heard it ever said that you were "losing" money by hosting FOH, rather that you weren't "making" money from doing so. And besides, how would someone put a price on ad revenue and portfolio-stuffing?

Since I used "resume" in such a broad, lazy way, I'm glad you were able to get the gist of my post. And no one cares if you eschew resumes or work with Trexx in your lap flapping her D-cups in your face: it boils down to pretty much the same thing.

I couldn't help but notice you segued from"we"straight into"I"after the first sentence there. And I honestly have no reason to disbelieve you - I'm sure that YOU very possibly COULD do pretty much whatever without resorting to bots. But Dan? Yes, we all totally believe that the guy who would never shut up about "unique pageviews", who sold upvotes/likes via bots and still sends bots here annoy us on a regular basis...yeah we totally believe that he wasn't botting in the background.

At this late a date it comes down to what one chooses to believe, and I'm far more likely to believe the people who've told me in confidence that there was shady hidden botting going on than I am to believe that both you and Tyen were pure as the driven snow. Even though I'm aware that everyone I've talked to could be wrong, it still would take a huge leap of faith to believe what you say.

P.S.: and before anyone says that I'm crazy here...you're expecting us to believe that Tyen wasn't up to some sort of shenanigans on FOH when you had given him pretty decent access? C'mon, now.

NeverGrind Forums - View topic - Eqbrowser has 40k likes?

JBB4qZr.jpg

Iu8azRU.png
Since this post is actually pretty decent, I'll respond again.

Sure, I see the case about Tyen.

Thing is, there's only really 2 smoking guns. Lots of guests, and then the crazy bot crap after I approved all of those accounts.

It doesn't take anything mysterious to explain the guests - even right now, years since the site has even been up, there has been ~250 unique clients trying to load images from other websites in the last 15 minutes. These are sigpics/avatars/attachments that people have embedded on other sites(mostly forums and blogs, I can actually see the referral URLs and visit them, they are mostly old forum posts), using foh like imgur. If the site were up for the last 15 minutes, it would actually say that there are ~250 guests RIGHT NOW, on a Sunday night, years after the site has been down. Back then, yes, it really did account for a huge percentage of the guests. More to the point, if it is still that high, how could it not have been much higher back then? We're only talking about what ~1000-1500 guests TOPS nominally? Even if he was botting, how many of those could possibly have been him? Or another way to put it, is it more likely that the site had 4x as many external images while it was still up than it does today, or that Tyen was botting? Logically, it seems unreasonable to come to the latter conclusion.

Then the bots after approving accounts. I personally know for a fact that wasn't Tyen(I lived with him... He's way too stupid to pull that off without me knowing TBH), so should Tuco and any of the other mods(including Tyen) that were involved with handling the mess for months. But even discounting that, you'd have to do some pretty serious crackpotting to come up with a reason that they all started right when I approved all of the accounts, then we worked to stop them.

In the end though, you're right, you still have to at least trust what I say.