Parent Thread

Izo

Tranny Chaser
*shrug* from what I can tell it's a wash. And if both sides are even in terms of research I'll stick to the side that doesn't involve stabbing babies in the dick.

They also didn't cite the correlation so it's hard to know what it is.
Ritual circumcision and risk of autism spectrum disorder in 0- to 9-year-old boys: national cohort study in Denmark
The full article.
results_sl said:
Results With a total of 4986 ASD cases, our study showed that regardless of cultural background circumcised boys were more likely than intact boys to develop ASD before age 10 years (HR?=?1.46; 95% CI: 1.11-1.93). Risk was particularly high for infantile autism before age five years (HR?=?2.06; 95% CI: 1.36-3.13). Circumcised boys in non-Muslim families were also more likely to develop hyperkinetic disorder (HR?=?1.81; 95% CI: 1.11-2.96). Associations with asthma were consistently inconspicuous (HR?=?0.96; 95% CI: 0.84-1.10).
Conclusions_sl said:
We confirmed our hypothesis that boys who undergo ritual circumcision may run a greater risk of developing ASD. This finding, and the unexpected observation of an increased risk of hyperactivity disorder among circumcised boys in non-Muslim families, need attention, particularly because data limitations most likely rendered our HR estimates conservative. Considering the widespread practice of non-therapeutic circumcision in infancy and childhood around the world, confirmatory studies should be given priority.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
How exactly does cutting off foreskin cause autism? Is it akin to highly traumatic experiences causing people to develop PTSD or becoming catatonic?

I mean, are there any conclusive studies regarding circumcision having any beneficial effect? Seriously why do we cut off our sons' penis skin?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
That's quite a leap. Not believing circumcision causes autism is just like believing in creationism.

Solid argument.
For every scientific article you provide that says circumcision causes autism, I can provide one that says it doesn't.
You sure do argue like them. You do know there is a difference between journals, credibility, peer review and such, right? Well, you do now. In any cause, this one with n=340000 and fine imrad. Go check the discussion/weekness if you really want to argue instead of just going 'oh this can't be true, therefor it's not true'.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
How exactly does cutting off foreskin cause autism? Is it akin to highly traumatic experiences causing people to develop PTSD or becoming catatonic?

I mean, are there any conclusive studies regarding circumcision having any beneficial effect? Seriously why do we cut off our sons' penis skin?
Not known, speculations so far. This preliminary finding just shows a strong correlation, gives rise to more studies, confirm/deny.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
You sure do argue like them. You do know there is a difference between journals, credibility, peer review and such, right? Well, you do now. In any cause, this one with n=340000 and fine imrad. Go check the discussion/weekness if you really want to argue instead of just going 'oh this can't be true, therefor it's not true'.
Why would I actually spend time to provide articles when no argument on the internet has ever changed anyone's mind?

I hope you come to grips with your autism, and can forgive your parents for mutilating you.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Why would I actually spend time to provide articles when no argument on the internet has ever changed anyone's mind?

I hope you come to grips with your autism, and can forgive your parents for mutilating you.
Argumentum ad verecundiam. It doesn't matter if it's on the internet - an argument stands or falls on it's own merits. You jumped the 'oh it's like that McCarthy girl because it's a something-autism link'. It's not even in the same ball park - vaccination adjuvants vs physical trauma induced in infants. One is a scientific retracted and thoroughly debunked myth - and what I post is a new finding not even related to this. If you somehow think this is the same, or deserves ridicule because it's both about autism, then the fault is not on my part, Sir.

Jilariz_sl

shitlord
I'm not reading a bunch of crazy fake science, but how do the numbers of boys not circumsized yet autistic compare to girls who are autistic?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I'm not reading a bunch of crazy fake science, but how do the numbers of boys not circumsized yet autistic compare to girls who are autistic?
Says science is crazy and fake. Wants data to make science?

In a preliminary study, as this is, you do understand why they check for, as in try to remove statistically, as many confounders as possible, right? Gender is a confounder. What you're suggesting is pulluting the statistics. It's understandable why you would ask this question - you want the whole truth, here, now. What you ask has already been taking into account statistically.

I would ask you to read the article, or just look at table 1:
T1.large.jpg

Source:Ritual circumcision and risk of autism spectrum disorder in 0- to 9-year-old boys: national cohort study in Denmark

Izo

Tranny Chaser
It was for Tuco anyway - he was the one who posed the circumcision question, yay or nay, in here a while back IIRC. Meh. Have a nice weekend everyone.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Fun morning so far. Woke up to the sounds of both my wife and kid screaming att about 7am. Apparently my wife was making a cup of coffee in the Keurig machine, and the kid was able to grab it from the ground(machine was too close to the edge of the counter) and dump the hot coffee all over his head.

Some nice little 1st degree burns on the top of his head/forehead/ears. Looks like he has a sunburn. Took about 20 minutes to calm him down but he seems fine now. Looks like we'll be slathering him up in aloe for the next few days.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Vinegar smells terrible but is better at relieving the sting of sunburns (minor first degree burns) better than Aloe in my experience.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Fun morning so far. Woke up to the sounds of both my wife and kid screaming att about 7am. Apparently my wife was making a cup of coffee in the Keurig machine, and the kid was able to grab it from the ground(machine was too close to the edge of the counter) and dump the hot coffee all over his head.

Some nice little 1st degree burns on the top of his head/forehead/ears. Looks like he has a sunburn. Took about 20 minutes to calm him down but he seems fine now. Looks like we'll be slathering him up in aloe for the next few days.
Man, those moments when you feel like a failure as a parent because something bad happened. Don't feel that, man. This shit happens to kids, it is just part of life. And I'm willing to bet that he won't be grabbing the coffee maker again...

Glad it isn't more serious. And, yeah, vinegar relieves the sting.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I pinned a hot iron to my thigh when I was like 5, I think I jumped onto the bed a rolled the ironing board over. My mom said a iron size chunk of skin came off my leg when she pulled it off.

Point being I'm sure she felt terrible and it hurt a lot but I don't remember and gave me zero issues as a kid or adult.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
You have a scar from it at all?

My wife is all freaking out that our kid will have a scar on his forehead from the burn(he's just now starting to peel a bit, like a bad sunburn) I keep assuring my wife that he's fine, little kids have Wolverine-like healing abilities. Kid falls down and bruises his knee and its gone in 2 days. I'd be bruised and limping for 2 weeks.

I also grabbed a hot Iron as a kid when I was around 2. Don't remember it, but there's tons of Christmas pictures of me with a giant bandage on my hand(it was right before christmas)

No scars, and I guarantee that was worse than hot coffee.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I bet your kid gets more sleep in 2 days than you do in 2 weeks. Only slight exaggeration. But that is when your body does most of its healing.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
True. Sleeps 8pm - 7am generally, and then a nice 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon from noon-3ish.

I want that schedule.