Parks and Rec

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm 2 episodes back. I'll catch up tonight. Parks & Rec has always been awesome. I wonder if they're going to do any current time shit this season, outside of explaining why Leslie and Ron didn't like each other anymore. Such a great show. It's exactly what it should be, and so much better than 30 Rock ever was.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah, I've watched some 30 Rock since I started up Parks & Rec and it doesn't even compare. I enjoy 30 Rock far less now.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Thats a hard call, both had their moments, parks sucked the early seasons and had some bad moments in between. 30 rock making fun of Eastwood was amazing

iannis

Musty Nester
30 rock did a lot of topical jokes. It won't age well. But that's not a problem it was never intended to be timeless. "Well It wouldn't be a lemon party without old dick!" I'm sure that even now there are people that don't realize that's a joke.

And that's part of what made the 30 rock finale so great. The only timeless part of 30 Rock is Kenneth's Ignorant Hillbilly Optimism.

spronk

FPS noob
that was LITERALLY the greatest finale in the history of television
man I am going to miss this show

Starlord made a small cameo

CvMpvNh.jpg

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I actually went back to see that scene just to see if there were some joke costumes and somehow still missed that.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was an outstanding finale. And I'm not afraid to admit I got choked up when Leslie saw them all together again and she got choked up.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Really sad to see this show go. I like how they dropped a hint that either Leslie or Ben became president at Garry's funeral (due to the secret service guys behind them), but kept it pretty ambiguous as to who was president between the two of them. Then later when they're talking about becoming governor, Ben immediately concedes to Leslie, so it had to be Leslie who became president. Really subtle, but pretty awesome.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Solid finale. Wasn't the funniest episode ever, but it tied up everything really well and was highly entertaining. The Gergich clan at his 100th birthday cracked me up, hot blondes for days, with his wife not aging a day, lol.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Really sad to see this show go. I like how they dropped a hint that either Leslie or Ben became president at Garry's funeral (due to the secret service guys behind them), but kept it pretty ambiguous as to who was president between the two of them. Then later when they're talking about becoming governor, Ben immediately concedes to Leslie, so it had to be Leslie who became president. Really subtle, but pretty awesome.
It doesn't necessarily have to be Leslie since she became Governor. Ben became a Congressman and we've had a few of those become president. Though, I think Leslie's speech at the college heavily implied she was going to be running for president.

And having the library be named after her was probably the best joke of the night.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
April's birth scene had me laughing my ass off.

When Monster Mash started playing I almost ruptured something.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
"Best of luck"
"Don't get emotional Vaughn, you're embarrassing yourself."

Also love that he bought 51% of the Lagavulin distillery.
One of the best parts of the episode.

Also liked Tom's failure books. This show will definitely be missed. It was a great one.

spronk

FPS noob
someone theorized they alternated as Prez and VP so it woulda been

Leslie - President, Ben - VP
Ben - President, Leslie - VP
etc

for 16 years, although you'd have to shuffle things carefully since once you are President twice you can't be VP.