Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Oh he means that kind of self curse heh. I thought there was some weird occultist setup that wasn't HH based he was talking about

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I haven't looked into that so i don't know..Didnt register you said necro though and not having trigger craft for your offering would suck.. So maybe it's not such a good idea. I couldn't find any other way for more projectiles though other than 2handed melee weapons and that's probably worse

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I haven't looked into that so i don't know..Didnt register you said necro though and not having trigger craft for your offering would suck.. So maybe it's not such a good idea. I couldn't find any other way for more projectiles though other than 2handed melee weapons and that's probably worse
Staves? Got a fair amount that's triggerable in this build already since I'm using that weapon craft and an arcanist brand. Plus I could get actual caster stats instead of the shitty essence crafting bows are relegated to and forced to socket your damage skill + empower in the bow.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m trying for 36 for the first time but I feel like the base type challenge and SSF’ing the ritual 5 boss shit is going to be a problem. I think I might hit the fucking 1250 map boss shit before collecting all those bosses.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I’m trying for 36 for the first time but I feel like the base type challenge and SSF’ing the ritual 5 boss shit is going to be a problem. I think I might hit the fucking 1250 map boss shit before collecting all those bosses.

Base type challenge is much easier now, they've improved the weighting on those items as people were quite rightly moaning over it. Lots of us were needing the archdemon hat for a bit. Seen that thing at least 10 times in the last couple of weeks.

Ritual V was difficult but they've adjusted that as they spawn much more frequently than they used to. I did 40+ wastelands, summits and mineral pools maps to get the bosses. Mineral Pools was the worst and probably took 50 or so runs. In SSF with Zana, horizons from rituals and the sheer amount of maps it won't be problematic to complete.

I put the maps I was having trouble with in my favoured map slot which helped as they drop all the time.

Good luck

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
1614421220348.png

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Wow!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Cold BV is okay. Reliance on potions is a bit of an issue between my random lag spikes and propensity for tunnel vision. I forgot how much I hated Indigon ramp up and trying to maintain it. While this has a similar feel as the old poet's builds it's not quite the same. It seems as if I'm losing Indigon's dmg boost far too often; even when I tried dropping a BV every 4 seconds with vortex on my LMB. Also, I'm not sure why I can't sit in Sirus storms like a video I saw.

Back to trying to find something worth playing. Nothing will map as good as the self curse occultist. My LL carrion golems already destroy maven comfortably. I probably should roll something that I can finetune my maven mechanics. Maybe try to kill it with a budget, non-minion build for practice.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Well, I have the max reduced wave delay you can get without doing quality shenanigans (helm enchant + anomalous gem) and I've set it up for it to basically kill everything in one wave which you can follow. For open maps, it's kind of meh and it's also a little annoying on maps that have twists and turns because the skill 'dead ends' for lack of a better term if you don't aim it quite right. Where it shines is corridor style maps and delving. With enough damage per hit you can really get going fast and you're clearing 1.5 - 2 screens at a time per sunder. Tap sunder - dash follow the wave and keep warcries up.

The advanced technique for tougher stuff in open maps is to tap - follow one direction then repeat back the opposite direction to clear anything you might have missed that's following you. Likely this wouldn't be necessary with an explode chest but I don't have that. The other idea I've had in this regard is to do something like a 'box pattern' clear for open maps. That being tap - follow right -> tap - follow down -> tap - follow left -> tap - follow up. I need more play testing but this should clear an area of a map equivalent to almost 3 screens on a side. I like that there's techniques that might be thought up for this to make it work rather than just throwing money and gear at it. At least IMO.

Is any of this as good as something like the HH BV stuff I've seen? Not really since you're very directional so stuff can 'get behind you' for lack of a better term and you attack slowly so fast moving enemies can be annoying. I've found that using shockwave support with decent AOE helps fix this since the shockwave will kill any small enemies near you if you hit an enemy point blank. That's why I tried to make it really tanky via the evasion/dodge route which I've never done before. I also don't actually have most of the stuff to make this work yet. I need a vulnerability ring, a different amulet, I need to six link my chest still, I need an overlord cluster jewel and a mob mentality jewel which are all necessary to transition from what I have now which is kind of half-assed compared to what I linked above.

Also, I don't play this game for max clear or max farming or anything. I watch those youtube vids about how to 'farm uber monies!' and they always start with 1-15 ex on watchstones... WTF? If I could afford to spend multiple EX on fucking watchstones and sextants I wouldn't need to watch the fucking vid! Sigh. I don't have the playtime to even approach something like that. Though I will say this league is nice with valdo's rest harbinger farming. That's really nice for guys like me who have a tough time going from league starter type farming to anything more.

So, yeah, rant aside just be aware that what I think is good is probably night and day from what you or Aladain or Kythik would think is good. No hate, it's just what it is :) All I'll say with much confidence is that Sunder is better for clear than Earthshatter in most situations from what I've found.

Have you tried Ground Slam for mapping? You can grab the unique gem for 24% wider AOE and it hits 3/4 of the area around you. Combine it with the AOE helmet enchant and it just misses a sliver at your back.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What y'all know about my 10k wisdom scrolls here. Think of how many mirror rares are hidden behind those!

Capture.PNG

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 5 users

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
So every now and then I learn something the hard way in this game. Usually when I think I already know something and am half-assed paying attention, like today when I got a synthesis craft in Harvest and decided to apply it to my Stygian Vise. Well, it turns out the Abyssal Socket is (of course) an implicit, so there goes that. In the end, my resists are at a point that I don't need something quite so beefy, so was able to find another for 20c that will actually even be better (for me) as it has strength.

However, the synthesis mod this ended up with seems really interesting if there's a build that would like to gain better immunity and offload the freeze/chill removal from a specific flask to improve coverage against ailments/curses at the cost of a jewel. I had a spare attack aug laying around and slammed it to get t2 elemental damage.

1614548836187.png