Path of Exile

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Mostly because spectral throw was OP as fuck when it came out and then they added abyssal jewels with flat damage that made it even more ridiculous. It can definitely be done, but you have to have the enchant on helm and it has some serious mana issues.
I'm looking at using a -mana cost warlord/elder chest to fix the mana problem. I might even farm harvest and try for +1socketed and double HP prefixes.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The price on Hateforge has risen to the point where the trade website thinks the ones priced for a mirror are cheaper than the ones listed for exalts.

I doubt GGG will learn anything from this.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This isn't the first league unique to skyrocket. Remember Incursion?

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Gawd damn you know what I hate now? Fucking Maven. Hey, I hear you like boss battles so we put a boss battle into your boss battle.

Not only has this bitch fucked me on every T16 map I have run so far, she actually blocks my view about 30% of the time. Hey here is a second boss. Hey here are some tendrils. How about explody bits?

LLR was right with the power creep in both characters and mobs. Conq rares at high tier are basically harder than yellow tier map bosses lol. PLus Sirius shows up occasionally for a visit.

But, Maven, fuck you bitch. I could just keep the invites in my inventory to freeze her but I hate shit that you cannot remove.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Gawd damn you know what I hate now? Fucking Maven. Hey, I hear you like boss battles so we put a boss battle into your boss battle.

Not only has this bitch fucked me on every T16 map I have run so far, she actually blocks my view about 30% of the time. Hey here is a second boss. Hey here are some tendrils. How about explody bits?

LLR was right with the power creep in both characters and mobs. Conq rares at high tier are basically harder than yellow tier map bosses lol. PLus Sirius shows up occasionally for a visit.

But, Maven, fuck you bitch. I could just keep the invites in my inventory to freeze her but I hate shit that you cannot remove.
The 'dominated by Sirus' mobs are pretty damned rapey. So much so I believe they even got nerfed a bit lately.

And FYI you can turn off Maven observing boss fights in the map device, it's the little indicator in the middle.

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
The 'dominated by Sirus' mobs are pretty damned rapey. So much so I believe they even got nerfed a bit lately.

And FYI you can turn off Maven observing boss fights in the map device, it's the little indicator in the middle.
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

Thanks.

I am such a fucking noob.

Edit - Mapping in high reds just became fun again.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This isn't the first league unique to skyrocket. Remember Incursion?

To The Moon Meme GIF by Shibetoshi Nakamoto

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
There are zero 21/20 vaal spectral throw gems on the market. There are also no public characters using the skill. Seems a little weird.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Extremely limited demand? Skill mechanics seem quite dated compared to some of the newer stuff.

How many builds can be better with just exsanguinate? Even hut based, that skill is great.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Extremely limited demand? Skill mechanics seem quite dated compared to some of the newer stuff.

How many builds can be better with just exsanguinate? Even hut based, that skill is great.
I expected at least one to be listed. Even with a HH it's horrible; granted, I'm sure my tree was scuffed. It's too bad because I really like the skill.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I expected at least one to be listed. Even with a HH it's horrible; granted, I'm sure my tree was scuffed. It's too bad because I really like the skill.
I'm wondering how much of these generated by people just chucking random gems in their T3 temple rooms. Now that you can sell your temples, maybe people running the T3 rooms are doing them with a specific purpose. And since nobody is running spectral throw, they don't try to 21/20 vaal them.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
People also don't list random shit-tier gems like that anymore because they are way more valuable when fed in to harvest for facetors lenses.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Speaking of Harvest, those yellow devourers are pretty rapey too - I haven't been able to find their base damage but I am assuming lightning or chaos. Nasty stuff T14+. I stopped doing them for now.

I know, all this is old news but the Noob just came back, and this thread has been pretty dead, so indulge me.

I found out today I still don't have the defense to do a T16 Vaal Temple. Came closer than I ever did before, but my DPS was not sufficient in comparison to theirs, especially as they went berzerk when others died.

Equipping my BF/BB Inq a bit, equipment is actually pretty cheap.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Inquisitors can be amazing damage, but their ability to take hits is just absolute dogshit unless you do HP/ES shenanigans and sit in conc ground. If you can get a bunch of free endurance charges and keep fortify up it helps for sure, but they also rarely leech as much as other builds so you're hp pot reliant. Some shaper +life gain on hit for spells will definitely help with BF/BB though.

Chieftain BF/BB I feel is just easiser and WAY tankier. But the ceiling is definitely Inq/Assassin probably.

Still doing my Eternity Shroud BF/BB NGahamu's Assassin. It's getting there, but haven't chanced up my Ngahamu's yet so not full shaper. Looking to be around 150k dps per blade which is alright, but my Chieftain BF/BB (who was Harvest geared lul) had like 250-350k per blade. Still MUCH nicer speed clearing than a slow as fuck Chieftain.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Speaking of Harvest, those yellow devourers are pretty rapey too - I haven't been able to find their base damage but I am assuming lightning or chaos. Nasty stuff T14+. I stopped doing them for now.

I know, all this is old news but the Noob just came back, and this thread has been pretty dead, so indulge me.

I found out today I still don't have the defense to do a T16 Vaal Temple. Came closer than I ever did before, but my DPS was not sufficient in comparison to theirs, especially as they went berzerk when others died.

Equipping my BF/BB Inq a bit, equipment is actually pretty cheap.

Vaal temple bosses are potentially some of the deadliest stuff in the game depending on your map mods. If titty bitch is the last one alive and you have extra ele damage, or powerful crits or something, she can oneshot almost anything.

If you just need it for completion don't be afraid to roll a bunch of them and just run the pussiest one you can. There's little reason to fuck with those bosses otherwise other than random challenge/"fun".

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So far the only way I've been able to make an inquisitor feel great is a vitality life on hit eye mixed with fast hitting abilities. I feel like its a CoC machine and that's about it unless you've got Mathil reflexes. I didn't take my inquis that far because I didn't enjoy it, but I used shaper rings, life on hit eye, and max block mixed with some leech and it was ok. Given my reckless approach ot mapping, i tapped out about 94 on the build.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
So far the only way I've been able to make an inquisitor feel great is a vitality life on hit eye mixed with fast hitting abilities. I feel like its a CoC machine and that's about it unless you've got Mathil reflexes. I didn't take my inquis that far because I didn't enjoy it, but I used shaper rings, life on hit eye, and max block mixed with some leech and it was ok. Given my reckless approach ot mapping, i tapped out about 94 on the build.
The build I folllowed for Inq BV/BB used said ES leech, but I have neither the gear, nor the cluster jewels. I tried farming Atziri with my frags this aft for a Doryani's catalyst for an offhand for the ele leech since I have all phys converted to lightning and fire. Will just buy one for the chaos. It's just a novelty anyway.

Yeah, Vaal temple bosses are not "fun" lol. Like that stupid proximity shield squid boss in Whakawairua Tuahu I did at T14 - I ended up using Kaom's boots and eventually trapping her in a corner after about 10 mins. NEVER AGAIN after completion. Bullshit boss.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So with inquis it's important to remember that your mitigation sucks. You're relying mostly on having a colossal eHP pool via combined life/ES, almost always with a corrupted soul timeless jewel. When I last did BF/BB inquis it felt pretty comfy once I was at like ~6500life/4k ES.

Your regen double dips on life/ES, so combined with life/ES leech your recovery is fucking massive. This means you're VERY interested in every tiny bit of mitigation you can find, as you can typically recover from basically any hit that doesn't outright kill you. Min endurance charges, phys taken as X element, generic "additional physical damage reduction", whatever you can get. I eventually settled on just using glancing blows, as cutting incoming hits by 35% really let the big recovery shine. Sure, you're constantly taking a beating with glancing blows, but you also get to run a %life on block shield if you want, and you'll have like ~3500 combined regen, so as long as you don't get actually oneshot you'll be fine.

Granted I was playing this before the soul tether nerf. I'm not even sure it's worth it now since the ES leech rate is such shit?

If you're converting to multiple elements your best bet for life leech is the boot enchant - it's generic "damage" leeched as life if you've killed recently, so it'll work for general mapping regardless of whatever elements you're converting to.

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Hmm I have that lab enchant on a set of decent boots.

So I just did an A4 Sirus fight.

I can't seem to recall the carpet bomb meteors that fall into the arena without any kind of visual or auditory warning, and they killed me 4 times. I spent most of that fight trying to see if there was an actual clue to when and where they drop but could not find one. I have my voices turned down a bit though, although I still hear him say "Die" before he teleports and does the big shot.

Hilariously, I also died when I was first ported to his maze thinking it was lag (since my internet is poor I get that sometimes with excessive Leap Slamming) and pausing long enough to eat the big meteor.

Conveniently an Awakened Brutality dropped for me from one of the Conqs so I am not TOO salty for losing out on that fight. FInal death was where my careless pathing took me into a blob of doom while just looking for Sirus, because I really am a noob.