Path of Exile

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Even if they nerf vortex I love the play style, it's a neat skill regardless of meta so far. Also forces you to become more efficient or suffer low clear speeds. I was getting lazy with EK.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I was looking for builds on a 2 totem witch with contagion / essence drain, but couldn't find any. is this because it sucks or because chaos is new?

Also, how do I get 2 totems as a witch?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Not being able to cast damage spells myself seems gimpy, but I guess that further supports the reason 2 totems appeal to me in the first place - I'm lazy.

Caliane

I did swap to scion for siege/mirror arrow build.

kindof wish I kept ranger, cuase I am thinking of incorporating traps as "direct" attack.

its starting to work well, leveling. mirror arrow atm is just mirror+minion damage. siege ballista+lmp.
mirror arrow doesnt pierce, so single target. with +skill duration 2 up at a time. good single target dps.
seige is 100% pierce, and decent aoe with lmp. slow targeting, not much of a problem with mirror tank. possible zombies.

traps? right now I am using shrapnelarrow+trap. shrapnel seems to be working well with its aoe explode+projectile. ideal for trap. anyone have a better idea?
a ranged attack trap will scale with any bow, +proj damage, I grab. giving a bit of advantage over lit/fire/bear trap.

Caliane

and, talking in general...
trap+multitrap+mirror arrow is crazy.....
normally 3s cooldown on MA. Trap bypasses it. so you can get 3 spawned immediately with 3 thrown traps. (more with more traps.)
wiht multi traps, you throw 3 traps in the first place. so you get 9 clones...

Particularly with these.
Deerstalker - Path of Exile Wiki

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Count? Count as what, damage spells? So I can't even use minions if I get that 2nd totem skill? Well fuuuuck that.
He's saying the contrary actually. Traps, totems, mines and minions can all do damage even if you have ancestral bond, only your direct damage is prevented. You can also curse stuff, or apply some skills to buff the rest of your stuff(iirc for example you can puncture stuff for 0 to proc bloodlust on your totems, but not sure if they changed that or not).

Since traps are a general playstyle that can completely replaces normal casting, you can do dual totem with a trapper pretty nicely. Main downside is totem stuff is on left side and trap stuff is on right side of the tree, so it's hard to actually get everything, plus the actual damage nodes, so generally it'll either be shit totems good trapper or shit trapper good totems and not both. Still it lets you retain an active playstyle if you get bored of totems. Can also run the full minion army along with dual totems, that's still very passive but it looks pretty nice(that said like with the trapper, it's limiting due to the amount of skill points needed in totem nodes, casting nodes for your totem spells and actual minion nodes, but at least they're all in the same areas).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Don't think knockback would be very good since siege ballista fires slow as shit so it wouldn't knockback very often. Bloodlust should work if you apply puncture with your main bow though, assuming a 0dmg dot actually can be applied, I'm not entirely sure. Another thing you can do is Frenzy for charges, which is obviously very good.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I am pleased that the new summoner staff is common. I bought max rolled one for a whopping 4 chaos. 6 socketed this morning, now to dump all my currency into getting it fused. Wish me luck!

On that regard, I am out of fuses
frown.png

I find talisman quite a lot of fun though, even though it seems very grindy the higher tier talismans are pretty cool. I've only been able to do 1 Tier 3 talisman boss so far, but getting all 7 of them shouldn't be too hard honestly.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Pretty sure they still haven't fixed it. It lags like shit, causes massive stutters and eventually crashes instances. Probably due to constantly recalculating all stats and the stupid amount of minions most summoners have.

Caliane

Don't think knockback would be very good since siege ballista fires slow as shit so it wouldn't knockback very often.

Bloodlust should work if you apply puncture with your main bow though, assuming a 0dmg dot actually can be applied, I'm not entirely sure. Another thing you can do is Frenzy for charges, which is obviously very good.
not a bad idea with frenzy. can frenzy+powercharge on crit possibly. crits still occur even without damage apparently. (but not status ailments.)
still working towards ancestral. seige+MA alone is doing pretty well. still low level.

PoE needs an "attract" curse. cursed targets are favored for minion/ally targeting. add some debuff in there too.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Anyone has a Blade Vortex shadow tree I could shamelessly copy ? Beyblade has never been so much fun, bosses melt in seconds.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Anyone has a Blade Vortex shadow tree I could shamelessly copy ? Beyblade has never been so much fun, bosses melt in seconds.
This is the tree I'm using as a vortex shadow:Build
4 link: Blade vortex, spell echo, faster casting, poison, (5L increased duration), (6L added fire)
Auras: blasphemy warlord's mark, blasphemy vulnerability, herald of ash (requires a +1 curse item like doedre's ring, very cheap on talisman league, use hatred aura if no access to double curse items)

The basics of the build are that you have +90% duration from the tree, and a bunch of shadow nodes that double dip physical and chaos. This lets the poison support gem (which ignores the 15% effectiveness penalty of vortex) do crazy amounts of damage. Poison is boosted by your bonus duration, your bonus chaos damage, and double boosted from vulnerability curse. Vortex stacks poison crazy fast, and has a really solid crit rate with this tree as well. Warlords mark + vaal pact provides "infinite" mana and great life leech.

Downside is that this build is on the edge of glass cannon'ish, so use your gear for good defenses. The DPS though is just flat out absurd even in trash gear.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
This is the tree I'm using as a vortex shadow:Build
4 link: Blade vortex, spell echo, faster casting, poison, (5L increased duration), (6L added fire)
Auras: blasphemy warlord's mark, blasphemy vulnerability, herald of ash (requires a +1 curse item like doedre's ring, very cheap on talisman league, use hatred aura if no access to double curse items)

The basics of the build are that you have +90% duration from the tree, and a bunch of shadow nodes that double dip physical and chaos. This lets the poison support gem (which ignores the 15% effectiveness penalty of vortex) do crazy amounts of damage. Poison is boosted by your bonus duration, your bonus chaos damage, and double boosted from vulnerability curse. Vortex stacks poison crazy fast, and has a really solid crit rate with this tree as well. Warlords mark + vaal pact provides "infinite" mana and great life leech.

Downside is that this build is on the edge of glass cannon'ish, so use your gear for good defenses. The DPS though is just flat out absurd even in trash gear.
Thanks, I was wondering whether Arobatics is worth it, since you stand in a lot of shit that has chancee to oneshot you anyway... Guess I can always respec since it's like 10 points