Path of Exile

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you want to yolo ex it, I would craft a suffix onto it first. Probably something like +all attributes (Haku 6). That way there's a greater chance of it choosing to add your third prefix, ideally the hybrid ES/stun one. And if you do happen to get a suffix instead, you haven't blocked out T1-4 resist rolls which are better than the crafted ones.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
583 ES on a chest isn't too bad (not good but not bad). I'm curious what your build is that you need the int roll and are willing to spend 3 passives on resists if you don't get them on the chest and how you have only 6k es with a 583 chest.

Vorph

Forum - Witch - [2.5] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything - Path of Exile

Whispering Ice makes int mandatory everywhere possible, also rules out using a shield so that's a large hit to ES. Helmet has no ES either. The staff does have +18% int though, and the helmet +14% int, so at least there's some ES generated there. Same goes for the jewelry. No ES, just int.

Leveling to ~90 and getting the rest of my skill points, plus upgrading chest to ~800 ES, should get me to around 8.5k ES, which ought to be enough. The dude who made the build had 8400 with a 766 chest at level 91.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Can't you fix your resists with jewels ? they give damage, yes but I can't imagine them being such a gamechanger.

I sort of have the same problem with the Mathil fire cyclone, fully geared I'm short about 30% lightning resists and patching that hole would cost me 50c+, however the build has 40% spell dodge and 50% normal dodge on top of evasion and 5k+ HP, so It's kinda hard to die anyway.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Jewels can have +10% all resists as well as specific resists if you need those.

They can help fill in some gaps if you need to up your resists and they're really not that expensive to get. You can usually get some damage mods and +all resists for a few chaos.

Started this season out with blade flurry raider and that has been really fun (so many frenzy charges). But it's starting to run its course and not being an assassin has made the spec feel a little stale. I guess I could finally break down and buy a binos knife as they are not ridiculously over priced anymore.

I finally got enough currency to startup a whirling meatball build, but I missed the boat on getting the axe for real cheap. Anyone running this build have suggestions on what chest to use? I was going to use a 6S5L belly until i could 6L a carcass jack, for that added radius, but belly is a really good defensive chest. I am not sure if I should attempt to 6L a belly and use that over carcass.

Last edited:

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Jewels can have +10% all resists as well as specific resists if you need those.

They can help fill in some gaps if you need to up your resists and they're really not that expensive to get. You can usually get some damage mods and +all resists for a few chaos.

Started this season out with blade flurry raider and that has been really fun (so many frenzy charges). But it's starting to run its course and not being an assassin has made the spec feel a little stale. I guess I could finally break down and buy a binos knife as they are not ridiculously over priced anymore.

I finally got enough currency to startup a whirling meatball build, but I missed the boat on getting the axe for real cheap. Anyone running this build have suggestions on what chest to use? I was going to use a 6S5L belly until i could 6L a carcass jack, for that added radius, but belly is a really good defensive chest. I am not sure if I should attempt to 6L a belly and use that over carcass.
I'm running Daresso's Defiance ATM for more onslaught/end charges and the spelldodge, but belly looks better. Carcass Jack seems a bit pointless, you already have enough clearing speed you don't benefit much from it. 6L Belly is probably the best.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Carcass Jack on cyclone is more for quality of life than clearspeed I think, I definitely miss the aoe I had on my cyclone from pillar of the caged god after switching to my sword/axe for lvl 70+.

If your 583 es chest is already 6s5l and you can't save up the 3-5 exalts to buy a better one you could always just save up 50-75c and then spam on it (assuming it's ilvl 78+). Shouldn't be too hard to hit higher ES if the other stats don't matter. Also, 5% damage (from a 50int roll) isn't too big of a loss if you have to give it up to get another 1k+ es IMO.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Every league I usually play 4 to 5 characters and the cyclone raider is by far one of my 3 top favorite. With good gear and the right amount of skills and ascendancy points the clear speed of this build is unreal. Cyclone has been one of my favorite skills but the build has made it so enjoyable. I kinda had a few issues in cruel but once I got all the required gems, axe and the xoph amulet, merciless is a joke when I ran through it. I'm just hoping GGG doesn't nerf it once the season is over.

Vorph

I had that axe drop for me just as Mathil dumped the build and the value dropped to nothing. Just like the Bino's I got last weekend. Sigh.

On the bright side, anyone interested in playing the build should have a pretty easy time getting it going now, as only the Xoph amulet is still expensive.

Speakng of that, did some asshat streamer go and put Izaro's Turmoil into a build in the last couple days? I just got to the point where I can ditch my resist+dmg jewels for the unique ones and suddenly the price is 2-3x what it was. I need 3 of them with high rolls on both fire and cold, yay.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Forum - Witch - [2.5] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything - Path of Exile

Whispering Ice makes int mandatory everywhere possible, also rules out using a shield so that's a large hit to ES. Helmet has no ES either. The staff does have +18% int though, and the helmet +14% int, so at least there's some ES generated there. Same goes for the jewelry. No ES, just int.

Leveling to ~90 and getting the rest of my skill points, plus upgrading chest to ~800 ES, should get me to around 8.5k ES, which ought to be enough. The dude who made the build had 8400 with a 766 chest at level 91.

This is my main farming spec i've been playing this league. Pretty cheap all things considered, I even run item rarity on my staff. Been enjoying it alot, easy playstyle.

Vorph

Yeah, I bought two 18% staffs and run IIR/Cull in one and CE/CD in the other like he suggested. Only needing a 6S is very convenient. The only thing that was expensive other than getting a good ES chest was Astramentis, thanks to one of Ziggyd's builds. I ended up buying a shitty one with min rolls and got it to 15+100 in 2 blessings and 1 divine.

Fun build though, definitely my favorite one I've played in PoE so far. Only real downside is that I'm pretty sure the massive lag I sometimes get in breaches is due to the CWDT/Curse on Hit/Ball Lightning/Temp Chains/Enfeeble link.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Astramentis has been expensive in every league i've ever played so i'm guessing it didn't have too much to do with whatever build he had it in.

5.2k life and 88k buffed dps on my cyclone now, ended up dropping my last hp flask since i basically never used it anyways.

Vorph

It went from around 40-50c for one with 10/80-ish rolls to almost 100c for that literally overnight after he mentioned it for his new build. I missed out on several mid-range rolled ones the day before when they were 60-65c, then had to buy the trash one before the price got any more insane. After the reroll to 16/100 it's now worth around 3ex so at least it worked out in the end. I've been kind of tempted to sell it and buy another junk one to try my div/bless luck again.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm having terrible luck linking anything this league, I'm pretty sure I have spent like 300+ fuses just trying to get a 5link chests. Oh well, the Mathil fire cyclone still facerolls anything up to low red maps, but I really want to try out Belly+blasphemy+HoF instead of Daresso's/Blood magic.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'm having terrible luck linking anything this league, I'm pretty sure I have spent like 300+ fuses just trying to get a 5link chests. Oh well, the Mathil fire cyclone still facerolls anything up to low red maps, but I really want to try out Belly+blasphemy+HoF instead of Daresso's/Blood magic.

I spent 400+ 5 linking my belly of the beast, then a few days letter I saved up another few hundred fusings and went for a 6 link, got it in 25 or so. /shrug

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I spent 400+ 5 linking my belly of the beast, then a few days letter I saved up another few hundred fusings and went for a 6 link, got it in 25 or so. /shrug

Thats why I decided to just say fuck it this league and buy a pre-5L BotB instead of dumping fuses into it. I figured at 60 chaos it was worth it since I have the absolute worst fuse luck.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
This is my main farming spec i've been playing this league. Pretty cheap all things considered, I even run item rarity on my staff. Been enjoying it alot, easy playstyle.
How's the build been overall so far like maps, atziri and ubers if you done any? I been wanting to play an ES build just for farming and I came across the same exact one linked here but didn't notice anyone playing it on the forum until now. I picked up a 6 socketed whispering staff for a decent price and already had the pyre ring in my stash. Started leveling and stopped around 20 cause I had to go to work. I can't wait until level 33 to see how it plays.

Last edited:

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
How's the build been overall so far like maps, atziri and ubers if you done any? I been wanting to play an ES build just for farming and I came across the same exact one linked here but didn't notice anyone playing it on the forum until now. I picked up a 6 socketed whispering staff for a decent price and already had the pyre ring in my stash. Started leveling and stopped around 20 cause I had to go to work. I can't wait until level 33 to see how it plays.

I haven't done atziri or any of that stuff with the build yet but up to T12 maps now and haven't had any real huge issues; at 7600ish ES. I don't play hardcore either so I can't really vouch for how good it would be there, but I haven't really died much at all with this build(deaths were mostly breach related).

Rolled that Mathil Ngahamu axe cyclone build and this is probably the most fun I've had with a build yet heh. Fast playstyle and stuff just gets destroyed on an axe proc.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Rolled that Mathil Ngahamu axe cyclone build and this is probably the most fun I've had with a build yet heh. Fast playstyle and stuff just gets destroyed on an axe proc.

This is my build all season and it's probably the most fun i've had so far. I'm about BiS geared (reasonably so, no mirror quality items of course) and all 20 qual 20 level gems with it too. The beauty of it is overall, you can just turn your brain off and stomp map after map. The bummer is can't do ele reflect maps, and high hp ele reflect mobs can fuck your world up.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I still have a few upgrades I need on my cyclone char but i'm curious how it would compare with the ngamahu raider one once i get them =D.

The only map I had reflect issues in was -12 max, vuln, 18% ele reflect and some other mod that made it hurt, forget what it was. Had to turn off hatred and herald of ash for that AND take out weapon ele/added fire and run a 4link phys cyclone.