Path of Exile

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How's the build been overall so far like maps, atziri and ubers if you done any? I been wanting to play an ES build just for farming and I came across the same exact one linked here but didn't notice anyone playing it on the forum until now. I picked up a 6 socketed whispering staff for a decent price and already had the pyre ring in my stash. Started leveling and stopped around 20 cause I had to go to work. I can't wait until level 33 to see how it plays.
Maps up to 15 have been easy aside from a few really badly rolled corrupted ones, regular atziri is trivial and so was uber lab. T16 should be fine too, just a matter of having the right flasks with you. I failed a chimera because I was an idiot and tried it without decent granite and basalt flasks. Not sure about shaper or uber atziri, I won't be trying those until 90.

I'm 87 now with pretty good gear, but my gems aren't 20/20 or better yet and I need 3 more skill points to get my resists sorted out to the point where I can use Izaro jewels instead of crappy rares. Probably going to cost me 3-4ex to get a near perfect pair of fingerless silk gloves too.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
This is my build all season and it's probably the most fun i've had so far. I'm about BiS geared (reasonably so, no mirror quality items of course) and all 20 qual 20 level gems with it too. The beauty of it is overall, you can just turn your brain off and stomp map after map. The bummer is can't do ele reflect maps, and high hp ele reflect mobs can fuck your world up.
Vaal pact+ruby flask beg to differ.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Maps up to 15 have been easy aside from a few really badly rolled corrupted ones, regular atziri is trivial and so was uber lab. T16 should be fine too, just a matter of having the right flasks with you. I failed a chimera because I was an idiot and tried it without decent granite and basalt flasks. Not sure about shaper or uber atziri, I won't be trying those until 90.

I'm 87 now with pretty good gear, but my gems aren't 20/20 or better yet and I need 3 more skill points to get my resists sorted out to the point where I can use Izaro jewels instead of crappy rares. Probably going to cost me 3-4ex to get a near perfect pair of fingerless silk gloves too.
Sounds good. Did you use his leveling guide? He's suggesting going to CI at level 33 and that makes me nervous.

Vorph

Yeah, I switched right at 33. It's fine as long as you have some ES items ready to go. I didn't even have Astramentis until much later, which was a mistake. Did have two 6S staffs right away though, both 18%.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Astramentis is such a nice leveling item as well. If you have the currency it's worth buying one while you're leveling and selling it when you're done if you have no use for it in the end game.

Vorph

It's required forever for this build unless you can miracle up a rare with 100+ int, enough str and dex to hit 155/111, and ES/ES% on the prefixes. Jewels are used to convert pretty much all the str and dex you get from the skill tree to int.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I switched right at 33. It's fine as long as you have some ES items ready to go. I didn't even have Astramentis until much later, which was a mistake. Did have two 6S staffs right away though, both 18%.
Why 2 of them? You can't duel wield staffs unless I'm missing something.

Vorph

They both have LL, Fire Pen, Ele Focus, and Spell Echo, but one has Conc. Effect and Controlled Destruction and the other has IIR and Culling Strike. I use the second one almost all the time, the first is just for getting bosses down to culling range.

You can see how I'm currently set up at View Profile - Path of Exile - Vorph. My flasks are a disaster and I'm trying to replace gloves with fingerless silk ones since 16% spell damage is vastly better than any crap enchant from the lab, but the rest is pretty much done except for boot/helm enchant.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
They both have LL, Fire Pen, Ele Focus, and Spell Echo, but one has Conc. Effect and Controlled Destruction and the other has IIR and Culling Strike. I use the second one almost all the time, the first is just for getting bosses down to culling range.

You can see how I'm currently set up at View Profile - Path of Exile - Vorph. My flasks are a disaster and I'm trying to replace gloves with fingerless silk ones since 16% spell damage is vastly better than any crap enchant from the lab, but the rest is pretty much done except for boot/helm enchant.
Yeah I saw what he did. One staff is for MF/culling and other is his primary use one. Thanks.

Ryanz

<Banned>
I'm also doing the whispering ice build. I switched to CI at 33 like was suggested and was also apprehensive because I've never played a CI build before, and I've always heard going CI that early is just crazy. At first it was a bit scary, since you're completely reliant on leech to gain your shield back instead of having potions. But I think the biggest issue for me was the very high mana cost of casting icestorm. My whispering ice staff was 6 socketed, and the mana cost to cast the spell was 112, so I could only cast it once (since discipline and blashphemy takes up all your mana pool), and the mana leech from warlord's mark and blasphemy was not very good since at that low a level blasphemy's range is pretty small. I ended up taking out a gem to relieve some of the mana cost of the spell (you really don't need it to be 6 socketed that early anyways). Also I do not have astramentis, so getting enough strength is also a challenge, so you might have to end up haku'ing some armour peices until you get astramentis, or a good amulet. I just went to poe.trade and searched for amulets with 40+ str, and like 20+ int and got whatever the best bang for the buck was. I'm around lvl 44 now, and got the + fire and cold damage passives in the witch, and heading toward the shadow, and the build is just crushing everything at this level range right now.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Look for elron rings / amulets (they give -mana cost to skills). with 3 of them at -8 each you can cast anything for free while leveling and can reserve 100% of mana. If you're playing breach soft core you can find 2 rings in tab 10 of the guild stash.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I'm also doing the whispering ice build. I switched to CI at 33 like was suggested and was also apprehensive because I've never played a CI build before, and I've always heard going CI that early is just crazy. At first it was a bit scary, since you're completely reliant on leech to gain your shield back instead of having potions. But I think the biggest issue for me was the very high mana cost of casting icestorm. My whispering ice staff was 6 socketed, and the mana cost to cast the spell was 112, so I could only cast it once (since discipline and blashphemy takes up all your mana pool), and the mana leech from warlord's mark and blasphemy was not very good since at that low a level blasphemy's range is pretty small. I ended up taking out a gem to relieve some of the mana cost of the spell (you really don't need it to be 6 socketed that early anyways). Also I do not have astramentis, so getting enough strength is also a challenge, so you might have to end up haku'ing some armour peices until you get astramentis, or a good amulet. I just went to poe.trade and searched for amulets with 40+ str, and like 20+ int and got whatever the best bang for the buck was. I'm around lvl 44 now, and got the + fire and cold damage passives in the witch, and heading toward the shadow, and the build is just crushing everything at this level range right now.

Good tip in that thread was to run a cast while channeling setup with scorching ray in your staff. Link like Ray>CwC>Controlled Destruction together in the staff and just use SR to proc ice storm. Costs very little mana, can help until you get your gem levels up.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Building towards a righteous fire build because it looks interesting but along the way I found scorching ray+channel while cast firestorm is fucking awesome.

Also I will be reorganizing the guild stash today on normal breached.

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Righteous fire totems are awesome too, very cool ability to theorycraft and play with

Speaking of cast while channeling, I thought of something like this and apparently someone went all out:

I got a couple snorts and a chortle out of it (at the very least watch the shaper fight at the end lol)

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
So I am currently running a 6L for raider cyclone: WED->Added Fire->Melee Phys->Cyclone->Inc Area->Elemental Focus. Would it be better if I swapped out elemental focus for faster attacks?

Also, I am running Conc Effect in the axe, but I was thinking should I be using Conc for bosses and use Elemental Focus when clearing?

Here is my current setup: View Profile - Path of Exile - zhr0

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Faster attacks on cyclone doesn't do much but make you spend more mana, but it might by worth it for bosses where your proc is the king. Try WED instead of added fire. Basically swap out some of the gems you want to use and check the tooltips, swapping gems on the axe doesn't do much, I run both conc effect and ele focus in the axe.

Any particular reason you are using bloodrage ? I'm also curious that you skipped acro/phase acro, since ranged spells seem like the only thing that can kill you and running three sources of onslaught looks like an overkill.

Here's my take on it: View Profile - Path of Exile - klickercz (ZaphidvsIzaro) I should replace both rings, get enchants on boots and gloves, but I'm too lazy and I faceroll just about everything anyway.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
I double that slot for both vaal haste and blood rage. I was just testing with blood rage to see if its worth using and it does add some extra damage, but probably just keep vaal haste in there permanently now.

I have both WED on the axe any my 6L, which links were you referring to for replacing added fire for WED?

I just followed the mathil tree that he ended up with. I could go over and get acrobatics/phase acro, but I kill myself on reflect more than anything that I've noticed.

I need to get my gear enchanted as well.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I use faster attacks in my cyclone cause there aren't really any better gems for me to sub in. I guess I could go with a damage gem like added cold or lightning but I already hit 90k tooltip buffed. Faster attacks doesn't make you hit more times as you spin through the mobs?