Path of Exile

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
What's the downside to vaal orbing a level 20/20% spell gem? If it drops it a level i can still level back to 20 right?

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Thanks, i missed bricking it to a Vaal version. That would totally fuck my 20/20 Firestorm and Raise Zombies.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
They both have LL, Fire Pen, Ele Focus, and Spell Echo, but one has Conc. Effect and Controlled Destruction and the other has IIR and Culling Strike. I use the second one almost all the time, the first is just for getting bosses down to culling range.

You can see how I'm currently set up at View Profile - Path of Exile - Vorph. My flasks are a disaster and I'm trying to replace gloves with fingerless silk ones since 16% spell damage is vastly better than any crap enchant from the lab, but the rest is pretty much done except for boot/helm enchant.
I want that chest, holy shit that's like 6 EX minimum.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Thanks, i missed bricking it to a Vaal version. That would totally fuck my 20/20 Firestorm and Raise Zombies.

I don't know the actual numbers but when I was playing around and Vaaling haste gems to try and get Vaal haste I think I went through at least 10 Vaal orbs and never hit the Vaal version. But thats the beauty of Vaal gems and why it is such a cool design and concept. It can either be a massive gift or completely fuck you over.

JVIRUS

Golden Knight of the Realm
If you de-leveled the gem to 19, you CAN level it back to 20. However, you might rip quality off the gem permanently. With a few exceptions, once an item or gem is vaal'd currency cannot be applied to the item again, so if the 20/20 gem RIPs to a 20/10 gem, you cannot apply gem cutter's prisms to it. REEEEP

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I want that chest, holy shit that's like 6 EX minimum.
Not sure what it's worth now. I bought it without sockets and all the rolls were basically as low as they could go. 50ish jewelers, 14 fusings, and 3 divines later that's what I ended up with. Coloring it was the hardest part; since the lone socket wasn't top left I couldn't cheese it easily with Vorici 1G. Think it took like 140 chromes before I got the right colors with the extra green by itself.

Definitely happy with the result at any rate. Wish the int was a tier or two higher, but just finding that one took 3 days of automated searching.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Did your balls grow 3 sizes the day you vaal'd a HH?
Not really. This is my 3rd one and the other two I was able to vaal them and got lucky to get the +1 to endurance charge. Guess this time I was unlucky. Plus it was on standard when I vaaled it.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not really. This is my 3rd one and the other two I was able to vaal them and got lucky to get the +1 to endurance charge. Guess this time I was unlucky. Plus it was on standard when I vaaled it.

Oldie, but funny:

Xevy

Log Wizard
Guildmate bricked a 5L carcass jack on HC Breach for funsies because we dared him to.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Anyone know what's the blue aura MTX on this character at the start of the video? It's not discipline or arctic armor MTX.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone know what's the blue aura MTX on this character at the start of the video? It's not discipline or arctic armor MTX.

It's the 'arcane affect' transaction item that you could get out of your free xmas box ggg gave us. not a spell

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Thanks. Guess I'll wait until it's for sale rather than gambling for it.

I started leveling this build today featured in that video. Got my witch to level 45 and so far it's been fun. I leveled using Firestorm to 38 and then switched to the Blight/Vortex setup with all the required gems in a tabula. I'm going low life using shavs chest instead of CI. So far I'm breezing through the content when I got all the chaos damage nodes and profane doom acendency. I know it will even get better once I can dual wield my consuming dark daggers.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
very important note, I always wondered about. someone posted on reddit.

Recently I discovered with the help of Novynn from GGG how to link directly to character pages and I wanted to share with you all.

We're all used to seeing links like this : View Profile - Path of Exile - Blocknite and yes sure if you're linking to the last logged in character then fine that will work but what if you wanted to link to another character for some reason?

Enter the query parameter. "?characterName=<name>" where <name> is your character name

View Profile - Path of Exile - Casia

?characterName=name. is case sensitive.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I am thinking of an interesting summoner build. After making a soon 95 necro, a 93 necro I think I will convert my 70-something necro into this:

Bow with +2 fire +1 gems 6-linked. Gem links would be flame golem, empower, elemental focus, spell echo, minion damage and gmp / slower proj. Maybe conc effect instead of elemental focus, not sure

Shavs with spectre, minion damage, echo, elemental focus, gmp and either fire pen or faster/slower projectiles

Then my hat with +2 minions with zombie, chaos golem, empower and minion life or something similar. Then rings + boots/gloves for auras, with blood magic I think I can have anger, all 3 purities, discipline, vitality and haste running. Downside to this is not enough sockets to run any curses. Maybe possible to direct pets with an arc gem or so

I'll try it out this weekend, just wanna ding 95 first and then report my result (is anyone here even interested in summoners aka THE BEST class to play??)

oh also, for those who need help with challenges let me know ingame, I've been at 36/40 for a while but still play a fair bit so I can help out with things