Path of Exile

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks Harfle!

It's fine, I'm just re-familiarising myself with the game again after such a long time out.

Stuff in the guild stash available to use? I can see several pieces of gear in there that would be useful for leveling. Will replace afterwards.
Yeah help yourself in either league

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Guild stash is FFA, I'm sure that at this point if you asked in gchat, people would shower you with leveling stuff.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, sometimes its best to ask for something instead of checking the guild stash, since some of us always have stuff laying around but forget to throw it in there

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Played for a little bit last night, the combat is not as rough as I remember. Inevitably found myself drawing parallels to D3's abilities. I'm going with a Ground Slam build and all I could think is "Ok, so this is Seismic Slam...". Are all abilities gained from gems? Feels like I need more buttons to press. Just spamming Ground Slam and pots at this point.

Like I said that is the downside of PoE. It is very much "One finger death punch" where you basically select your offensive skill, fully support it and just go around wrecking everything in sight with it. For all the downsides of D3 it does do a pretty good job of forcing you to rotate skills and mini-cooldowns via set/unique interactions. Not so much here. If you pick a Ground Slam/EQ build you are basically just going to be spamming those skills the entire time. Sometimes enduring shout if you're super fancy.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
You're forgetting the flask system and movement skills as part of the basic game. You're going to 100% need a movement skill also or you'll be very slow and not able to traverse terrain to skip, with a 2h most likely you'll use leap slam. People off slot fast weapons in their weapon swap though and use all kinds of movement skills, you'll need to find the one you prefer. I personally like whirling blades and shield charge both but some of my friends swear by leap slam. I could also add in curses (almost mandatory for end game fights) and other buttons you'll need but that's for later.

A large part and very different part of this game is flasking which is why you'll notice 5 slots in Path of Exile versus one in D3. When I say large I mean huge part of the game is the flasks you equip and how they interact with your build. There is a lot of utility, offensive, and defensive flasks along with the ones youre used to for mana and life. Some of the ascendancies are based on flasks and there is very strong nodes for flasks which make them last 8 seconds or even have the flask effect always on. They can raise your resist cap, double your DPS, and they give you huge defensive cooldowns etc. The Wiki in this game is very good about descriptions and interactions - Flask - Official Path of Exile Wiki

This is a really good build to start if you want an idea of something that's easy and pretty fun with 2h's and doesn't have a lot of buttons - Forum - Duelist - [2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Earthquake, Tanky/High DPS Build Guide! [HC/SC Viable] - Path of Exile

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Forgot to also mention Vaal Skills for Deathwing Deathwing - These are universal skills which fill up from killing mobs, some are up every pack some are very powerful and take more kills to fill up. Check out Vaal Clarity, Vaal Discipline, Vaal Haste, Vaal Grace - These linked with increased duration are used in almost every single build for either defensive or offensive cooldowns in addition to the others.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Thanks. Part of me wants to min/max this shit while part of me just wants to play it "organically" and discover things as I go.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
EK is the new discharge.

Looks good, shame it hits at a time where I won't have much time, but I could see myself doing 24

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Seems like a smart design to let people experience multiple flashback leagues without overloading the servers. Though I remember last time I played Talisman those ammys were so OP it basically forced out that slot from being used by anything other than them.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I find myself getting real into this game, then being out of it for a long period, then coming back. I've played since release, but I still suck ass at it.

I've watched sections of those 5-6 hour long youtube videos, where ZiggyD or whoever try to get as high as they can before they wipe. I play completely different, and not really in a good way.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I feel this game copied some of the really stupid parts of D2 because D2. Loot fucking everywhere, but don't pick up even 1% of it unless you want to play inventory management. That could be an upgrade, who knows? You won't until you make space for it, identify it, and then play the equip shuffle while comparing tooltips.

I'm sure some this changes as you get to higher gear levels, but this not a great way to introduce someone to the game.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Install an item filter. Removes 99% of the loot on the ground (which as you noticed, is worthless and has no reason to drop in the first place).

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Anyone else besides me plays on standard? I'm currently playing blasting_caps signalshot pathfinder ranger. My ranger is level 87 and I'm literally one shotting everything. Finally got a mirrored Broodtwine harbinger bow which shot my dps through the roof. Granted it cost me a fortune to buy one. Can't tell how much ex is put into this build but it's worth it. I'm facerolling through maps and pretty much deleting bosses. I haven't tried Shaper yet but I've been told I should currently to be able to do him easily.

Anyone on standard needs lab carries let me know. I been chain running uber labs for that +2 barrage helm enchant.

In game character name is Nolagamer.

Also can someone give me officer prileveges so I can clean up the guild stash on standard? It's a mess.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wow kind of crazy those nerfed and some with multiple nerfs are coming back. Guessing 3.0 is just a total rebalance and they said fuck it let them have fun.